Home

The Faultering of the Sith

Nalaen was in the main chamber, kneeling on the floor in near meditation. She kept herself conscious enough to speak when needed and to understand what was going on, but this wasn't her place to give out the instructions. The Masters were standing above her, telling the others where to go. Her plan had taken root in their minds, and now they were using it as they saw fit. Which worked fine for Nalaen. She hadn't been quite sure on the execution. She only knew what had to be done in theory.

There was a shaking and gentle beeping from her cloak. Scowling, she reached in and took the communicator in her hand.

"What?" she demanded, hearing Steven. Listening to his question, she grunted. "We're sending out recon teams and ambushes. We're getting ready for battle. Nothing major is happening yet, but soon communications will be out. What are you doing right now. Oh, and don't eff this up for us." She sounded almost weary. She waited semi-patiently for his reply.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Why do you wrestle so much with what you truly are?" It was Teri. Kira growled at the voice in her head.

"I am Sith," she snapped aloud.

"Are you?" Teri asked.

"Yes."

"Then I must not be the perfect Jedi," Teri concluded.

"What?" Kira was taken aback by this.

"I saved your life," Teri pointed out. "Did it ever occur to you that I wanted you to live a full life?"

"Why are you resurfacing now?" Kira demanded.

"Because you cannot go into this without knowing the fighting techniques of the Jedi," Teri answered. She laughed. "Am I plotting with the Sith against the Jedi?"

"That's what it sounds like," Kira growled. "Either that or you're trying to get me to join the battle so you can take over and kill Sith."

"If I wanted to kill Sith, why wouldn't I simply destroy your spirit and take over the body?"

"I..." Kira stammered. "You don't want to kill Sith?"

"It has been a rather interesting experience, floating around in your mind," Teri answered. "I have seen much more of the Force than the Jedi will ever teach me. I understand that, occasionally, somebody needs a mild dose of lightning or choking."

"Are you sure you're not Sith?" Kira gasped. Teri laughed.

"Call me a shadow Jedi," she answered. "Not fully light according to the Jedi, but not truly Sith."

"Then we can work together," Kira said. It was not a question.

"I would hope so," Teri answered.

"Do you want to join this fight?" Kira asked.

"No," Teri replied. "The woman... Nalaen, I think you called her... she thinks you're in here trying to wrestle with me for control of the body. So that is what you must pretend to do. When the battle is over, we will break the news to her gently that I am still here and not so unwilling to help you."

"Why gently?" Kira wondered.

"She will kill us both if she thinks you're getting friendly with a Jedi," Teri answered. "And the shadow Jedi explanation won't work for her."

With this explanation, Kira was satisfied to meditate on what she just heard.

She growled, thoughts flashing like lightening through her mind. If they blew the ship, then the ground attack might not work out. However, wiping out a group of the Republic was too perfect a chance to pass up.

"Alright," she said slowly, "I have an idea. It needs to look like a militaristic accident. Reroute the lasers. Turn the power back in on themselves. When they fire -- and trust me, I'll give them a reason to fire -- it'll blow the ship. Make sure you put the output back into the input." She paused. "However, if you have an easier way, I'm all ears." Pacing now, her eyes hard, glittering with malicious calculation, she kept the comlink in her hand, suddenly realising how smart The Dark Lord had been for giving her encryptions on it. "Okay, we're setting up ambushes. We need them to think this place already evacuated, so they can see no one and have no sense of Sith still being here. We're all hiding. Then once we pretty much take out everyone," hopefully, she added mentally, "we're luring the Master Jedis to the main chamber. Then our Masters will slaughter them like the animals they are." She smiled then. "Do you have a plan compatable with that? I still think the 'accident' route is the best one. It'll be a tragedy, I'm sure," she added with a fake pout, clear in her voice, "but it won't betray the fact that there are active Sith actively taking the Jedi and Republic out."

Taking a deep breath, having spoken longer than she would have thought herself able to, she stopped pacing. Her hands were trembling slightly. Never had she been in an attack such as this. Usually it was her tailing someone, or in a group of Sith slaughtering Jedi. Nothing like a real war or battle. Standing there, her robe flitting slightly around her ankles, the only betrayal of her nerves, she wondered where The Dark Lord was. With him to rally around, it would be only too easy to take on this threat. Now she felt it was on her shoulders and she did not like that. She wanted someone else to take the responsibility. This was not fun. She was an assassin, she was still a child. For her to have other Sith students on her hands . . . following her plans at the orders of their Masters . . . It made her spine feel a lot softer than usual.

"Steven? Your verdict?"

Archived