Home

The Faultering of the Sith

Lord Zhen opened his eyes from his perch and acknowledged her. For a long moment he had nothing to say as he was quite perturbed at the fact that she had come to him yet brought no challenger. In a very low and haunting voice he spoke to her never touching the ground.

"I am aware of this Nalean. He sent me a message which said he was going to hunt down a member of the stryke team which killed that weak family member of his. I cannot bring him back and I will not have you leaving to chase him. You will have a chance to cut into him." He stopped for a few moments and sighed softly then returned to his older predisposition.

"For your final test you will fight Steven to whichever end I choose. Then and only then will you become a Sith."

He became quiet again and acknowleged her no more.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Her jaw dropped. She was so shocked that she didn't bother checking herself, nor did she bow away gracefully as was proper. Disappointment began to well up in her: not because he had said no, but now it was because she felt she had failed him.

"M-my Lord, I . . . I am most apologetic. I never meant to . . . to . . ." she failed for words for a moment, "to try and make decisions for you. If there is something else you would have me do, rather than chase that weakling down, then I will do it. My will is yours and I serve humbly." She didn't even know if he was listening, but she had to speak, even out of place.

"Is there something else you wish me to do? . . . I will challenge you if that is your desire." Mentally, she winced. Challenging him meant he could strike her down: she didn't want to die. She only wanted . . . to make him happy. That was odd. Checking her thoughts, she realised that she was correct in her assessment. Well, better to have him pleased with her than angry. He wouldn't kill her, right? It could be a learning opportunity for her, he could teach her something in the mock battle -- and he would get his challenge.

He floated still in complete silence. He thought for a few moments wondering to himself why she was so apologetic. She had done nothing wrong and he understood that. Why then was he tempted to cut her. He supposed it was because she was so apologetic, but he decided against it.

"Nalean you have done nothing wrong. I do not have anything for you now yet I do not wish for you to face him without my presence. If you are to challenge me then take the saber. But keep in mind if you dissapoint me I may be forced to cut you. No I will not kill you but your limbs are not sacred."

His voice was calm and stotic as he spoke to her very softly.

She stood, eyes going hard, the Force wrapping up around her body. Lifting up her hand, her double-bladed sabre flew into it, igniting the moment it hit her flesh. With one hand she gripped it, standing ready before him.

Her voice was like steel, as stony and vicious as her expression. "Then I accept the challenge, my Lord." She could sense part of what he was feeling, but knew that if she had not been apologetic, it could get her into worse situations. Besides, what was said was said, and she had meant it.

"I will not be a disappointment." In this she knew she was right. She had been brought up since she could barely walk to weild a bo, then soon after, double-bladed weapons. Since childhood she had been an eager killer, learning how to battle both in theory and out in the field. Against both man and beast. Added to her warrior heritage, the priests and Gods were also warriors, adding a comfort with the kill. And of course, she had been brought up Sith. Her whole life was based on her abilities to destroy others, to slaughter all that stood in her way. Naturally, she had earned her fair share of scars and near-death occurences and there had been the odd time she had failed: but those things only served to better her. If the Dark Lord said he wasn't going to kill her, then she knew she had nothing to fear. She was powerful within herself and had been taught well on her home planet. In her young mind, she would never fall.

After an hour of riding (witch he spent most of his time having fun,eg. doing tricks) he stopped and took a break. He had a slight head ache ever since he meet the spirit. but now it grow even worse. He took a nap witch ended up in a long sleep because when he woke up it was night time. The head ache had stopped, for now.

He hoped back on his swoop and carried on

(who should be the guy i'm chasing for killing my brother?)

To this point, Kira had been standing by silently. She felt that she could do so no longer. She stepped into what little light there was in the room, wondering if she should have done so. Her lightsaber was in her hands, but she had not yet ignighted the blades.

"In one moment, I formed a bond with Nalaen," she said, her voice almost inaudible. "We were united in our quest against Steven. I do not want this unity to fade..." her voice left her, but quickly returned.

"What must I do?" she questioned. "Even if I am told to stand aside, at least I know I am doing what is desired of me. Lord Zhen, Nalaen, is it the will of both of you that I stand aside and watch this struggle?"

He dropped to the ground so quickly it was almost unseeable. He levitated the double bladed saber from his belt and grasped it into his hand. He looked at Nalean and then to Kira.

"Kira it is your choice. I will not kill either of you. However if I am dissapointed I may need to punish you. But it is your choice whether or not you wish to fight."

He looked a Nalean again after he spoke. Under his hood he smiled softly. He was very fond of both of these girls. They were strong and beautiful and knew their potential. But much they still had to be taught and he would be the one to teach them. The saber was raised in his hand and the blades were ignighted. As they lit the room darkened with the shadow the black blades cast. This shadow over powered the light from her saber and was very hard to deciefer where the blade stopped and the shadow began.

"Come at me my dear girl."

His voice was cold and calm as he held the blade in the center of the handle like a bow in one hand.

Nalaen centered herself quickly and looked to the Dark Lord. Ignoring the attraction she felt, ignoring his benevolence towards her for just this time, she got herself ready for the attack. She saw him as her prey; she was returned to childhood, on the hunt for a fresh victim. To honour her ancestors and her people. And in this she would not fail.

She lunged, going at Darth Zhen with all she had, drawing the Force around her like a blanket. Protective and invigorating. Her blades twirled, striking at him one way, then in a split second, coming from the other side. Her body twisted and moved in a fluid dance of death, her sabre an extention of her body.

It was like being back in the temple with her bo, the priests and priestesses chanting, the neophytes, students and Sith on the temple mont. There she had done a dance like this, many times, for different seasons. For the ancestors, for the Gods. And the Force had always been with her then. To her, this was pure existance. She knew that technically she could see but she had no memory of any vision, of what her eyes had just passed. Everything was guided through training, both brutal and caring, and as always: the Force. Her eyes were glazed and she had no need for the trickery of first-sight. Even if she felt the searing touch of blade to flesh, she would not yeild. It was something she had been instructed in so long ago, something she was proud of. In her own world, stroked and enflamed by the energies both around and inside her, she continued her attack, feeling at home.

Kira joined Nalaen in sparring against Lord Zhen. At first, she used only one blade of her lightsaber, but quickly realized that Zhen was fast enough that she would need to use both. In seconds, she had flipped backward, away from the battle just long enough to ignite her second blade. Then, she rejoined the sparring again.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

((....... monkeys??:eek::p :p oh, Jin... you're needed here! I'm gonna RP a little without you, just to prove I can:evil2: ))

Kira was knocked clear across the room, slamming into the wall with such force that she was knocked breathless. Dropping her saber, she fell to her knees, gasping for breath. Nalaen was keeping Zhen at bay... sort of. In seconds, Kira had regained her breath and leapt forward into the fight again, calling her lightsaber to her hand as she went.

• 2 weeks later...

Steven woke up in the same place he was knocked out. right in the middel of the canyon. "damm, they didn't take me to there base or kill me". He was able to find his swoop and went back to his ship.

He was now above Korriban and saw a republic fleet heading towards the sith academy. He tried to contact lord Zhen thoug the force but failed. "darn. well here goes nothing" he used the force to talk Nalaen "Nalaen! A republic fleet is heading your way. I suggest u get out of there!"

Originally posted by Blessèd Sith

(((Pssst, what are we gonna do here? Someone needs to put Jin's sleeping hand into some warm water n_n That oughta get him up in a wet hurry)))

((would do that if I knew where he lived and it wasn't too far away..... should we keep going without him? Perhaps the fight between him and Kira and Nalaen is over now... we could be sitting somewhere and thinking of the fight. If he comes back, he can put his character in somewhere.))

Whipping around, sabre still ignited, she glowered at Steven.

"What did you just say? Why are you speaking to me?" she snapped quickly. But even through her annoyance, she felt something else. Her face slowly rose to scan the dark ceiling; she could feel a . . . tremour. A prescence of the Force that she didn't like.

"Someone's here," she articulated slowly, glancing around as she licked her suddenly dry lips. "What's going on?"

Twirling her sabre casually, looking at the wall, she smiled. She liked seeing Steven squirm.

"This is your fault. Interesting. But beyond that, we are a school of Sith. We have masters and near-masters and many other well-trained students who could easily take these bastards on. How about instead of running like a beaten kath hound pup, we fight back? Y'know, amass our own little army. I mean, we've all only been taught how to kill Jedi." She shrugged nonchalantly there, bloodlust filling her eager veins. It would be so much fun to kill, to really kill other people. Instead of just wishing it.

Archived