Home

The Faultering of the Sith

Originally posted by Blessèd Sith

(((I was thinking that Kira and Nalaen are forced to go on a mission or something together and they just DON'T get along, even though they're responsible enough to work together, knowing they're allies. I was thinking that that's how they'd end up friends: Kira is threatened by a Jedi, is in danger and Nalaen won't have it. Not caring about their animosity, the Sith mean more, so she'd cast aside her previous thoughts and do what she could to help . . . then from there on, they'd develop a friendship or something . . .

Just an idea to develop, it could easily be the other way around, but I dunno if Kira would be like that, because I don't know her well enough ^_^ Just a general idea that could be gradually developed, so that way we don't end up at each other's throats O_O

I have nothing to add really . . . so continue on guys n_n)))

((Sounds good to me.))

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(((Okies, great n_n And to Steven, her whole life has been for the Sith, since she was bloody well born. She wouldn't do anything that could have life-altering effects without permission of her Master/Dark Lord. And if he said no, she'd accept his reasons for he knows better than she does.)))

Nalaen was relieved in a way when the other Sith was chased out of the temple. The problem was that she had seen spiders: massive spiders and she was no great fan of them. But they didn't normally give her trouble, so she hopped down from her perch and looked around. It was a hope that they wouldn't come from their nests to bother her as well.

As she walked deeper into the surprisingly large, rapidly cooling tomb, her eyes darted back and forth. She couldn't help but take in the beauty of the sculpture, the carvings on the walls: the fact that this had been done thousands of years previous, and it was still here. That she was looking at it, treading where ancients had once stepped. A steady sound of water dripping echoed lightly through the corridors, as it did most of the tombs. She went to the hall on her left, it sloping down gently. Usually she didn't have to deal with creatures and beasts, but today the air seemed to be a bit different. The spiders, for one, usually never came out. Perhaps they liked her, perhaps they drove away the intruder. They were right near the entrance, so it would stand to reason that they could be as active as they liked and would get the most traffic.

Down here though, there really shouldn't have been anything. It had been cleared out. But . . . she could have missed a nest and they had grown. As it were, she heard cries and squack; moving closer, she heard the thrum of air under wings. Running towards these creatures, her sabre lept into her hand, igniting, as she unleased lightening on them. It stunned some and helped her cut through the throng. The fact was that it didn't so much matter how an obstical came to be, it was just important to get through it. You either succeeded or you didn't. Reasons and outside forces were just excuses.

The winged things at her feet, she pushed them aside with her feet. When she came back, she would drop them off into the abyss in the other corridor. For now, she had a dead Dark Lord to meditate with.

(did Nalaen go down the tomb steven went down?)

Soon in hours the spiders had taken over the enclave and were resting. While Steven headed into the same tomb. She also saw the sculpture. But he took a bit more time with them. he tried to understand them

(((er, she went into the tomb she always does, so i guess so. why have spiders taken over, i mean really, they're just spiders. if the students cant get rid of them, I'LL get rid of the STUDENTS!)))

Nalaen's eyes shot open and the apparition of the old Dark Lord faded from sight, though she could still see him there. Something disturbed them both, though she got the distinct feeling he had waited to see when she would pick it up.

"Someone invades this sanctum," she growles, grabbing her sabre, eyes narrowed.

He's trying to study the carvings and sculpure, she heard like a faded dream. Turning she bowed gracefully to the invisible dead Lord, and ran out of the temple she had created to him, in his most private chamber, where his body still lay.

The door opened easily for her as she flew down the corridor at full tilt, wondering who was in here. She never interfered with students examining the tomb for the better of the academy or for prestige or something, but . . . She liked to watch them. She was obsessed with history, obsessed with preserving and gleaming all knowledge possible from the tombs: it was how she had been raised and taught. It was a possessiveness that made her guard the tombs, especially this one.

In the shadows, she watched. Why had he come back?

(there gaint spiders and theres millions of them. half the studants ran)

"The spiders shall protect my body. If My tomb is disturbed my ceatures shall take ot all those who live here."Steven read."well i didn't go far enough in the tomb to disturpe anything."

Hears the mumblings of Steven as he struggles to translate the cryptic writings: not only in what they say, but the actual carvings themselves are rather odd. Her brow furrows, tattoos crinkling up. She didn't remember reading that. Why wasn't she ever attacked -- well, not anymore . . . It could be a worth thing. The spiders never really bothered her: she hated spiders, but they never attacked like they had at first.

She didn't know whether to creep back to the Dark Lord and speak with him, or to stay here and see what Steven was up to, and if he would translate anything else she had missed . . . It didn't take much to make her stay. Her curiosity was too strong.

Carth got a new mission. He was to do some things at the Sith Acadamy. HE knew that he was a well known jedi and that it would be hard but, he had a bit of special surgery to change his appearence. The doctors said that they could restore him to normal as soon as he returned. Next he had to modify his power in the force. He needed to change Dark to Light. It would be hard but, Carth was successfull. He got a new ship and landed at Dreshade. Next he had to prove to someone that he deserved to join the Sith. Carth knew that it couldn't be done so e lured a Sith into a drak empty room and knocked the sith out. Carth took the robes and the medalion. Also the sabers. So after that was done he tied the Sith to a chair and Carth went to a recruiting Sith. Carth showed her the madalion and he quickly gained access to the temple. Now he had to skeak into the valley and do a little work.

She frowned at Steven, studying him closely.

"This whole place is a tomb. If you mean to the Dark Lord's resting place, what is it to you? Do you mean to loot it?"

Looking around, she wondered if anything else was going to come down on them. But the area seemed relatively calm and she couldn't hear any telltale scurrying.

"What is it to you where I go? Leave me be." She turned sharply and made to go back down the corridor.

(Sorry bout not posting in a week or so I just havent had the time to come online.)

After the Sith and his newest prospect had left he made a treck out to the Valley of the Dark Lords. Zhen was curious to see which students took the time to learn the history of the Sith and so he made an apperence in the four tombs. Until he made his way to the tomb of Naga Sadow he had been dissapointed for only three students had been seen in any of the tombs. Two in the tomb of Ajunta Pall and one in Marko Ragnos'. He waved his hand to open the large door to the tomb and walked inside and used the force to stretch out and find any students he could. He smiled when he felt Nalean's energy. So long and still she wanted more. He also was glad to feel Steven here for he did not believe he would be one to come to this place on his own.

Zhen walked forward and ended up in the tomb in which his students stood.

"Hello my students."

Kira was in yet another Sith Tomb, spending her time in the complete silence there. She found her thoughts still on Nalaen. This woman's actions grated Kira's nerves and she wondered how they would ever learn to work together. She hated the idea and hoped they would never have to do any such thing.

"Lord Zhen seems to appreciate her," Kira thought aloud. She shook her head. It seemed to her that Zhen wanted two of his most talented followers, Nalaen and Kira to learn to work together. She would not deny that Nalaen was amazingly talented, but she could not bring herself to dismiss Nalaen's arrogance.

Kira let out a sigh of frustration. This tomb had often given her the peace she needed to calm her feelings against other Sith, but her negative feelings toward Nalaen would not disappear. She stormed back toward the Sith Academy, her cloud of frustration growing around her as she walked.

((This isn't my thread but, do you know how annoying instant messenger talk is when you aren't doing instant messenger?)) Carth enters Naga Sadows tomb and sees Darth Zhen. And alot os Spiders. ((remember I have clouded my light side energy and changed my appearence so you wouldn't know it's me.)) "LOOK OUT LORD ZHEN!!" Carth hits a spider that allmost hit Darth Zhen.

(((I don't think just anyone would make it into the tombs, let alone warn the Dark Lord about anything if you aren't Sith -_- So I'm just gonna respond to Zhen's post . . . cuz I haven't been online in a few days n_n Hey, wait, isn't Ajunta Pall gone? I killed his spirit for being too weak. Why would he foster a nurture someone strong in the Dark Side?)))

Before she could see the light from the door open, before the familiar voice, she felt him. Beyond the dead Dark Lord, she felt the presence of another Dark Lord: Zhen was coming. She shut her eyes briefly in the gloom, then looked to Steven.

"You made your choices, now you must live with them. If you are too weak to accept the consequences of your actions, you aren't deserving of life." She took a step towards him, anger bubbling up inside. "You dare blame me for anything?! Was it not you who decided to come in here? Are you so ignorant that you cannot leave on your own? And as for being around me, are you too stupid to go into a different room or a different corridor? Must everything be handed to you on a silver platter?" Her lip curled as he seemed to ignore her and ask a rather irrelevant question.

"A relationship? No, do I have a need for one? I wasn't with my people long enough to find a mate -- for the Gods sakes, I was a child when I came here. My whole life has been to further the Sith." Another step towards him as light flooded into the corridor, the Dark Lord coming towards them. Her eyes were locked on Steven's, but she could sense the Dark Lord; it was hard not to.

"What about your life, Steven? What is your life?" She turned away from him and looked up at Zhen as he spoke. Immediately she dipped in a graceful bow and forced a weak smile. "Hello, my Lord," she said through gritted teeth, still furious over Steven.

She started laughing and she couldn't stop. Clutching her stomach, not caring for the moment that she must look like a total idiot to the Dark Lord, she gasped for air. Looking up at Steven from her bent position, a few giggles still escaped her.

"You're that upset over such a weakling? By the Force, that was years ago: your life plan seems pretty restricted and immediate." She shrugged nonchalantly then brushed her robes out. Mulling over Steven's question, wondering when the Dark Lord would put his foot in and say something, she gave it some careful thought.

"My goal," she said slowly, "is what it has always been. To serve the Dark Lord in any way fit. To further the Sith. To train hard and to have my own fleet for the glory of the Sith, to crush the enemies of the Dark Lord." Her eyes glinted. "That is my goal."

A dark brow lifted slowly at Steven's ignorance. Give her away? Not have family? Well, that was certainly a laugh. It was a tossup, however, if she were to . . . educate him. To inform him of her past, to tell him what her people and her family was like.

But keeping people in the dark was to have an edge over them. Though once she had let someone into her past, though a glancing brief of it. And that hadn't harmed her in any way . . . She shook her head to clear herself of such thoughts. No, her friends had been different. But had they been so different at that time? An almost wistful smile touched her lips. She remembered loathing them, scorning their stupidity and weaknesses. How a tramatic event could change the path of your life forever. It had come to the point where she had had no choice but to speak, and they had learned and they had all grown . . .

Her green eyes flickered over to Steven, wondering about him. His past, who his people were, his tribe. If he even had a tribe. That made her snicker. She couldn't see any markings on him, no tattoos of status or religion or position within the temple and the realms of the Gods: to her people he would have been nothing. Except that he was adept in the Force: perhaps he would have become something, but as it were . . .

"If you had listened to me," she said smoothly in a soft tone, kneeling down with her hands folded in her lap at the feet of the Dark Lord as always, "you would have realised I said nothing about my survival. Service. Loyalty. The Force. Those are what I live for. Service to the Dark Lord and hence, to the Sith. I do not care if I die, for if I do I was weak. I however, am not weak, so I do not fear death. I will forever serve the Dark Lord and the Sith. I have for my life and I will for my life."

Her head tipped slowly to the side as the steady drip-drip of water echoed lightly through the caverns. It was such a familiar sound that it was actually comforting. Like the soft rustle of the wind through the trees near the temple, or the few grasslands that smelt of herbs and flowers when you dashed through them. Bugs would spring up as animals scattered about . . . Her eyes closed slowly as a smile touched her mouth.

"I had family. I have family," she corrected needlessly. "My siblings, mother and father; my tribe. My people, the priests and priestesses, the masters and instructors, the Elders: oh, I had many people, and still do if I so chose to return. But to return home would be a mark of shame: I am not a full Sith and to go without victory would be horrible. I could never do that to my people." Eyes opening, they flashed, anger flickering up her stomach and into her chest. "And I wasn't given away, fool. I was sent here as a child, instead of a teenager, so I could be closer to the sacred land and learn from the best, learn right in THE Sith academy. There was no greater honour than to be sent here."

She knew her place. It was with the Sith, with the Dark Lord, and she wouldn't let some Sith brat try and tell her otherwise. If he still didn't understand where she was coming from it was his own fault. It wasn't her job to explain any further, and even then, she may have said too much. But no matter, there was nothing in her words that could have been used against her. Glancing up at the Dark Lord, she gave him a smile, feeling a fluttering in her chest replace the loathing as she knelt there. Would he speak? Or would he be content to watch the two underlings bicker amongst themselves. Perhaps it was amusement to him: though she was loathe to be used for amusement, who was she to say no to the Dark Lord?

"i can't blam them for wanting u to go. your enough to drive any1 crazy being o the same planet. I'm starting to like the ebon hawk time alot more than you." steven walked futhur into the tomb. "Maybe i'd find som1 better to talk to."

"You're an idiot and a fool," she spat, venom dripping from her words. "If you had spent a minute listening to me, instead of making things up in the dreamworld in your mind, you may have learned something. Go choke on something and die, you annoying twat. I'm not wasting my time on you any longer. Leave."

She turned her attention back to the Dark Lord, her anger tensing her muscles. Her spine felt strained, her jaw set as the frustration welled up inside, the burning hatred begging to be released. Yet she did nothing. She couldn't act. It was at the Dark Lord's descretion.

Archived