Home

When?!?!?!?!?!

n.kT3M4

When well that sequel come out?!?!?!  

7 members have voted

1. 1. When well that sequel come out?!?!?!

• Feb 05
    • Winter 05

Originally posted by RedHawke

Achillies, just to clairify what I said above, I was simply talking about the time it takes us to aquire a lightsaber... any ol' lightsaber... in the game. :D

Finding our PC's original saber, especially if it is more powerful than the rest, should definately be 'a later on in the story' achievement. :D

Yeah, whatever d00d. Just for that I'm telling Akira not to put any lightsabers in the game until the Star Forge...err, I mean the Death Star...err whatever the last...thing...is in TSL. Take that!

:D

Seriously though, we won't see any lightsaber until

a) The end of the first world

b) The beginning of the second world.

AND, I still think that you'll get it in pieces and have to put it together. :)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Achilles

Yeah, whatever d00d. Just for that I'm telling Akira not to put any lightsabers in the game until the Star Forge...err, I mean the Death Star...err whatever the last...thing...is in TSL. Take that!

ok i dont mind building the lightsabre but why would u need to if ur not going through the training process

and i dont mind waiting as long as i did in kotor 1 to get my hands on a lightsabre if the storyline is good

however i would still like to get my hands on one sooner just like everyone else on this thread even if its via a difficult sidequest

otherwise many players may try to cheat or mod to get one b4 completing the game taking away some of the enjoyment of the game

some one should tell obsidian that kotor fans are lightsabre junkies and we need lightsabres and we need them now

ok i've said it b4 and i'll say it again

everything i keep hearing about tsl story, plot and characters

is pointing to it having a very simalar plot to kotor 1 which as we've all said would be very dissapointing especially after how long we've had to wait and after all our eager anticipation

Now methinks you are the masochist! :D

If that is truely the fact, I simply won't wait that long, meaning I'll just cheat to get a saber, unless the story really, really makes a whole heap of sense as to why this is so, and if the reason for the wait is lame then Obsidian will have, at least, one very disappointed customer on their hands... because that is a straight out copy of KOTOR 1's formulaic game progression, and that is just a very LAME property in a sequel.

For me the 'how long till we get a saber' issue is all dependant on the storyline.

I hope it is that way as well, as you know Achillies, I also don't mind that possibility in the least! :)

Everything I've seen thus far seems to suggest progressive growth of the character. I cannot imagine that OE will follow Bioware's recipe of "boom, now you're a Jedi, here's your lightsaber".

You will start the game as a Jedi, but an outcast who has, for the most part, lost touch with your connection to the Force. I'm hoping for a couple of Force powers that suck up a lot of Force points and only give me a slight advantage in combat (at least until I get stronger). I'm also hoping that they don't give me a lightsaber right away :D.

I'm not saying that I want it half way through the game, but 15-20% of the way though the game does not sound that unreasonable to me.

If OE's written a storyline that reads, "You're a Jedi, but your connection to the Force is weak. Don't worry though cuz you get to start out with a bunch of Force powers and we're going to give you a lightsaber about 30 minutes into the game" the I'm going to be sorely disappointed. :)

*waves his hands and gets a football thrown at his face* :ball:

Well...I just hope you have to work for it...not just see some cutscenes of ur character training with bastila getting ur butt kicked and then all of a sudden ur whooping bastila's butt.Naw....YOU actually do the training...and I like the whole find components to make a lightsaber..I dun want a vender selling Lightsabers on the corner street of Dninom Road in Telos...well if they did then I would either

A) Kill the vender and jack those lightsaber/S

B) Buy them...but at a suitable price.

C) KILL ALL THE CITIZENS WALKING ON THAT ROAD!!!

PS:How do I delete posts...my browser was kinda freaking up when I tried to post..:ball:

Everything I've seen thus far seems to suggest progressive growth of the character. I cannot imagine that OE will follow Bioware's recipe of "boom, now you're a Jedi, here's your lightsaber".

You will start the game as a Jedi, but an outcast who has, for the most part, lost touch with your connection to the Force. I'm hoping for a couple of Force powers that suck up a lot of Force points and only give me a slight advantage in combat (at least until I get stronger). I'm also hoping that they don't give me a lightsaber right away :D.

I'm not saying that I want it half way through the game, but 15-20% of the way though the game does not sound that unreasonable to me.

If OE's written a storyline that reads, "You're a Jedi, but your connection to the Force is weak. Don't worry though cuz you get to start out with a bunch of Force powers and we're going to give you a lightsaber about 30 minutes into the game" the I'm going to be sorely disappointed. :)

See Achillies we are actually agreeing with each other on many points, we are just approaching the whole subject from opposite ends! :D

And like I said, for me, it all really is dependant on the story. That is what an RPG is all about! :)

As far as starting as a Jedi Class we will get the same identical Skill points, Jedi powers, and Feat Progressions per level up, that we got in KOTOR, the class level progression should be identical, being D20 system and all. :)

The only difference being Obsidian said that the skills will be more effective in TSL. :D

Errr....ok *shrug*

I heard, "I better get a lightsaber right away or else this game is teh sux0r". Followed by, "If I have to wait until the second planet, the OE is ripping off BW and I'm going to have to fly a plane into their shizzle". :D

All I'm saying is that they said I have to work for it, I don't think I'm going to get it until I'm a couple/few hours into it, and I'm perfectly ok with that because it doesn't make any sense to do it any sooner than that.

We very well may be having the to po-tA-to pO-ta-To debate and that's cool, but that's not what I heard :D

• 3 weeks later...

Archived