Home

help me out here

RpTheHotrod

I just updated my sound drivers and all hell is breaking lose.

All of my bass/treble settings reset, so I put them back to normal. However, all of a sudden, no one can hear me at all in any voice programs. I go into my sound settings and mess around. The ONLY WAY people are hearing me is if mic is unmuted (before hand, I had it muted and everyone heard me fine). HOWEVER, if I DO unmute mic, if I turn up my system sound, the bass just starts giving MASSIVE feedback. The whole room shakes.

In other words, the only way now that anyone can hear me with a mic is if my whole room is shaking loudly from feedback.

Help? I want to be able to talk and turn up my sound as loud as I want, just like before.

I have an audigy sound blaster

NOW it's even MORE screwed up. People are hearing my SYSTEM SOUNDS...they can't hear me.

You know, this reminds me of the problem I had when I installed my Audigy.

I built my computer in 2001 from scratch and installed a DVD drive, which worked great with the Motherboard sound circuit. But a few months later, I installed an Audigy and could NEVER GET THE DVD TO WORK AGAIN!

I even uninstalled the card/drivers and went back to the sound on the mobo. Nada.

For the last two years, I've spent hours troubleshooting this damn thing every 4 months or so. I've been on all sorts of help forums and IRC chat rooms... nothing.

If someone here has the answer and had it all along..... :confused:

:D

Archived