Home

episodes 7, 8, and 9 on the way?

Ockniel

I suppose it could be cool to have an Eps. VII, VIII, and IX. But for those of you who thinks it's a bad idea, don't go see them! Just because they come out doesn't mean you are forced to go to the theaters and watch 'em. Me, I'll take all the Star Wars I can get. If they did turn out crappy, then I'd just forget all about them and disown them.

yeah, that's what happens in the *shudders* New Jedi Order books

if Ep 7-9 was ever made there's no way they would be based on the NJO or any other EU. one things for certain, if it did happen, GL would use his own ideas, not base it on others.

The BEST thing to do would be a line of TV series which start on anew...

...What I mean is, they take into account everything that occurs in all of the movies in the Star Wars saga... and say f*** you to EVERYTHING that is EU. I'm talkin starting into another plain of existance people. Imagine it, the people making the stories will have SO MUCH freedom with creating new stories without having to deal with all that other crap in the way!!

So how crazy did that sound to everyone? Just look at your own "suggestions" it's just as crazy as those.

Okay honestly... it's best just to leave it at 6 movies, obviously we all knew one day that a part 1, 2, 3 had to go with the 4, 5 and 6... but 7, 8 and 9... no. Doesn't need to be done. With the release of RotS the circle will be complete... so to speak XD

Originally posted by Ockniel

how are you supposed to know that? THEIR NOT OUT! and if your quoting some book.... arg.

You know, you're missing out on some good SW by having the attitude that "Only the movies are any good!11!1 Anything else is worthless trash!!!!!!'. Tell me, do you consider the OT novels as EU (since they are books, and you never read SW books, because they are BAD)? Remember, Lucas did not write ESB or RotJ. But he did approve them, as he did every single other SW book.

Lucas says that only the movies are canon. Ok, because his ideas on how the SW universe should go are constantly changing. However, the books were valid at the time they were written. Maybe reading them would be like reading an old scifi book whose premise is already disproven. You don't just toss it because its not true (or canon in this case); you have fun reading it. IMHO. meh. :p

thanks siv. i've spent the last 10 minutes laughing at all the people who've been completely convinced that there never was any intention of making 7-9 and have looked down their noses at us people who claim (quite rightly) to have known that once upon a time sw was planned out as being 9 chapters.

it brings a mildly sadistic grin to my face to think of all the people choking down their own words right now after finally realizing what an ass they've made of themselves. im not going to mention any names and i dont mean everybody who ever said ep7-9 werent planned. just the zealots bursting with conviction who've been ready to put me to the stake for my blasphemous words of 7-9.

and yes i know that there havent been intentions to make 7-9 in a very long time since GL decided 6 would do.

• 4 weeks later...

It would not make any sense to add three more episodes to the saga. The story is about the rise and fall of Anakin, and his eventual redemption. There is no more story to tell. Vader running around killing people fits nowhere into that arc, so it could not be between rots and anh. Anakin is dead so it could not be after rotj. As far as him as a ghost, there could really be no change in his character, so it would not work.

But I do agree that I will take all the Star Wars I can get, so I would like to see new movies made by GL, that continue the story, and are consistent with EU (but not just an adaptation of a book, a new story during that time period), but are just not considered to be episodes. Sort of a spin off kinda thing.

Archived