Home

Music

Revlt Coranier

Talk about music here! What kind of music you like, favorite artists, etc.

My favorite kind o' music is rockabilly. I also like some '80s metal, classical, swing, blues, real R&B (rhythm and blues), and country.

I really dislike rap, hip hop (what's the difference?), new R&B like Aliyah and all these new female singers, techno, and slow-romance type music.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Punk; Misfits, Samhain, Black Flag, Exploited, Sex Pistols, some Ramones, early Christian Death (though thats more goth-punk), Cramps...

Some classic rock; Hendrix, Doors (mostly)

Metal/hard rock; Carnivore, Type O, Maiden, early Metallica anything pre 'justice', Danzig, Tool, Ozzy, RAtM, some Aerosmith & Van Halen back with Diamond Dave...

Pretty much anything that's fun to learn/play I'll give a listen.

*Agrees with Pad on the despised music front*

I listen to less mainstream stuff, definetly not rap.

From Autumn to Ashes, As I lay Dieing, Thrice, Classic Case, Beloved, Murder By Death.

Most of you probably don't like it, but I do.

Other than that I really listen to everything. But those are what I listen ot most of the time.

Like- Aerosmith, Allman Brothers, Rolling Stones, ZZTop, The Who, Styx, George Thurgood, a lil bit of the Doors.

Dont Like- Rap, Most punk rock, heavy metal, country in large doses.

EDIT- oh, and Elvis is pretty good, too. But he's not up with my favs.

Originally posted by Revlt Coranier

I have a 1978 Gibson Les Paul.

Nice axe. Play guitar in my punk band. Bass in my metal band. Toy around on drums a little bit, used to play a bit of piano when I was younger but fell out of practice when I got my bass.

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

I like anything that is not country.

My favorite artist of all time though is David Bowie.:cool:

Ground Control to Major Tom......Ground Control to Major Tom.

also- Total Eclipse of the Heart, American Pie, Benny and the Jets, Under the Bridge, I smell sex and candy, and Leaving on a Jet Plane are some good songs.

double edit- Dont wanna miss a thing is on, that song rox!

Guitar, bass, drums, a little piano, used to play trumpet.

I listen mostly to metal, hard rock, and punk rock,(mostly anything 80's and on) but i am also a fan of gangsta rap(not the new hip hop bullcrap), techno, and pretty much everything else. Anything good. Yes even country. Yes even R&B. Yes even Pop songs. Just as long as the artist is really an artist and not a performer. or an idiot.

That was so funny how rappers in the '80s and early '90s would wear necklaces with big clocks on them :p

I love Elvis (early stuff, not so much the later, satin cape stuff), Robert Gordon, Danny Gatton, the Stray Cats, Chuck Berry, Eddie Cochran, Carl Perkins, etc. '50s rockabilly is where it's at.

I used to be a "anything new is crap" guy. In the past two years, my eyes have been opened.

Of course I like all the classics, whether it be Queen, the Beatles, or the Velvet Underground. I still love the Blues. I still love Classical (romantic period).

But, a lot of "new" music iss actually good. We went through some tough times at the turn of the millenium. But I'm starting to hear more and more great bands all the time now.

Robert Randolph, in particular, restored my faith in today's music. His "sacred steel" guitar work is amazing.

Not really. A lot of people don't give stuff a chance, like you for instance. You like what you like, but deeming a whole era of music as pretty much crap is totally false. You are only cutting yourself off from great music.

And I'm not talking about "Greenday" and bands how "try to be Greenday".

xp

Archived