Home

Music

Revlt Coranier

I went to Summer Sanitarium last year in San Francisco, and Mudvayne, Limp Bizkit, Cold Play, Linkin Park, and Metallica played. I don't like any of those first four, but they are good at what they do. I just don't like whatever it is that they do. I like Metallica's first three albums. You won't believe this, I slept through over half of a metal concert. It was like 100 degrees and I was wearing skin tight jeans and a leather jacket. I slept most of the time until Metallica came on, where I headbanged until I had a bitchin headache.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ckcsaber

Not really. A lot of people don't give stuff a chance, like you for instance. You like what you like, but deeming a whole era of music as pretty much crap is totally false. You are only cutting yourself off from great music.

And I'm not talking about "Greenday" and bands how "try to be Greenday".

xp

no, it just depends on what you like. I dont like most nowaday music. I dont like rap, dont like heavy metal, and that pretty much leaves punk rock and country. Countrys ok, but if u listen to more than a few songs at a time, it gets boring. Some punk rock is ok, but then u gotta divide that. I dont like songs with excesive swearing. That divides it some more. I dont like songs with crappy lyrics. That divides it some more. I dont like songs with crappy music, divides it some more. I only like a fraction of nowaday music, and I dont wanna buy a cd of it to decide whether I like it or not, and dont wanna listen to it on the radio, cause the other categories make up the majority, and I dont wanna sit through that. Theres plenty of awesome oldies that I like the majority of, and I'm fine with that. It all depends on what you like to listen to.

Even though I already told yall what I like I really wasn't specific. I love technical guitar. Bands like The Bled have really really technical guitar and it sounds amazing. Thrice are just all really good musicians. Swearing doesn't bother me though. If they can make it sound good than I'll listen to it. I'll give about anything a chance.

Originally posted by yaebginn

I dont like most nowaday music. I dont like rap, dont like heavy metal, and that pretty much leaves punk rock and country. I dont like songs with excesive swearing. I dont like songs with crappy lyrics. I dont like songs with crappy music

It's easy to try and categorize music into peices you deem crap. The thing is, you've already made it a fact in your mind that all new music is "crappy".

All you are really doing is leaving yourself out of a lot of great music.

I don't like rap much either, but I have heard a few really great, meaningful songs. If you want to listen a rap song that doesn't contain "crappy lyrics" or "excesive swearing" listen to The Message by Grandmaster Flash & the Furious Five. Now this may be oldschool rap, but it's a damn good song. Just listen to THE WHOLE thing, and you might like it. It suprised me.

There is good current music. I know people "like what they like", but you are totally wrong to say it's all pretty much crap.

To you, its great, to me, not so much. A few songs are good. Like 'Under the Bridge' by Red Hot Chili Peppers. And Marcy Playground, I smell sex and candy. I admit ,some are good songs. But alot of it, by alot, I mean percentage wise. Of all new stuff, from 2000 to now, if you take the percent of all the songs, I like less than twenty percent. I havent heard alot of it, so I'll give it the benefit of a doubt and say I like 10 percent, 15 at most. And no, I havent heard Ubangi Stomp, I'll see if I can find the cd of...Warren Smith or Charles Underwood at the store, and see if I can listen to it.

Not exactly. I gave the kind I dont know of the benefit of a doubt, which is why its at 15 percent. There is some that is ok to me. but not much. It all dependso n what you like. if you dont like clampton, fine. Its not your loss, cause if you dont like him, you are not losing anytihng, cause your gain/loss ratio is set by you. if you like it, you listen to it, if you dont, you wont.

Originally posted by ckcsaber

If you want to listen a rap song that doesn't contain "crappy lyrics" or "excesive swearing" listen to The Message by Grandmaster Flash & the Furious Five. Now this may be oldschool rap, but it's a damn good song. Just listen to THE WHOLE thing, and you might like it. It suprised me.

I downloaded it. That song is pretty cool. I like some old school rap, it was more music whereas nowadays rap is more like noise (in my opinion).

• 2 weeks later...

Classic rock : Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, Ramones and Queen

Punk: Greenday, Sum 41, Blink 182, Weezer, Matchbook Romance, Boxcar Racer, Rufio, and the Ataris

and most other rokc bands are good too

i hate rap(except the old school stuff, that was actually good. like Run DMC),reggea, and anything associtaed with eihter of the 2

oh, and i like techno. i like slow romance songs for one reason, yeah you know it ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Threezo

Christian Rock.

Petra.

(And I realize Im about to get insulted, flamed, spamed, cursed, etc...)

I think I'll go join a Satanist cult and burn your house down while raping and murdering your family. All while chickens are dying in your backyard.

Haha, yea like he said, we're cool with most folks.

• 2 weeks later...

My musical taste is really BROAD. So it goes from Metallica to Star Wars music and from sW music to rap. But the **** that i dislike is: Country, Pop, Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, Death Metal, some really old classical songs and Techno

Archived