Home

{K1} Achilles' Jedi Counsel mod is available to download

Achilles

...from my website.

Congratulations to RedHawke for "winning" my name-the-mod "contest". Apparently, Darth333 has volunteered to bake cookies. Hopefully, Redhawke will share them :D

Normally, I like to post the readme, however for this mod, there was so much info that I had to make two.

Hopefully,a simple link will suffice this time :D

This mod includea the third unique NPC in my series, Merrik. Hopefully, you all enjoy using this mod as much as I did making it :)

Thanks to all who contributed including Darth333, Colja, and Redhawke!

Originally posted by RedHawke

Wow! I won the name your mod contest! Whoo Hoo!... Cool! :D

I just downloaded it and I'll give it a whirl as soon as I can.

BTW cool 3rd NPC choice. :D

Err...that reminds me. Something I forgot to mention in the Readme's: You cannot have the NPC being replaced in your party when you recruit the new NPC.

For instance, you cannot have T3-M4 in your party when you recruit Mendah, or else it won't work.

Sorry about that folks :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Jackel

Dammit! your using the jedi malak skin! :D

Im working on a Zaalbar remake that uses that (but reworked of course) and makes Z a Jedi Guardian :D

I'm sorry for not announcing it, but I wanted it to be a surprise. My sincere apologies for stealing your thunder.

Originally posted by Achilles

I'm sorry for not announcing it, but I wanted it to be a surprise. My sincere apologies for stealing your thunder.

Nah its cool , im not complaining , im still going to put mine up when its done anyway. Might even let you borrow the skin ;)

Originally posted by Jackel

Nah its cool , im not complaining , im still going to put mine up when its done anyway. Might even let you borrow the skin ;)

I'll have to wait and see. I kinda like the reskin that I did, but I have little doubt that yours will be impressive :D

Originally posted by Darth333

Good work!!! Good to have some LS recruitable mods finally :) We needed those!

oh and Redhawke...contrary to what Achilles said, I didn't bake any cookies...but I have this. Enjoy your prize :D (took me all night to make it :p )

Well, aside from HK, Mission, and Carth, your entire party should be LS Jedi now.

I have a few, more traditional recruit mods in the works that should help satisfy the need for LS jedi :D

PS: thanks for the kudos :D

oh and Redhawke...contrary to what Achilles said, I didn't bake any cookies...but I have this. Enjoy your prize :D (took me all night to make it :p )

That cake thing looks nice , too nice for a lawyer to have made :D

And i made cookie last week , they were yummy!

And on topic. LS recruits are good.

always have to go one step further didnt you Darth333, you couldnt stop with the cookies :p im kiddin, Achillies, thank you for the LS mod :p now this should be alot of fun :p

MattCole

Thanks Darth333! :D

And I'll bet it would take a week to eat it too! :D

HELP!

Quick overview. I have HoloSpire installed as well. I was able to compile the appearance.2da from Mendah with the .2da from the Spire. I played through the Sith Base and of course forgot to modify the .utc files. I fixed both .utc files however have saves only AFTER the Sith Base. I've been trying to figure out how to spawn Mendah where he would inside the base to no avail.

My trouble is finding a way to trigger the spawn script for Mendah. Where is the trigger located that connects Mendah's spawn script with the receptionist dialogue? If you could just tell me what file it is, I should be able to connect it to someone else to trigger him to spawn (if you think this is feasible).

If I'm making no sense or there's an easier way, please let me know. I'm still learning this.

Originally posted by Caerid11

HELP!

Quick overview. I have HoloSpire installed as well. I was able to compile the appearance.2da from Mendah with the .2da from the Spire. I played through the Sith Base and of course forgot to modify the .utc files. I fixed both .utc files however have saves only AFTER the Sith Base. I've been trying to figure out how to spawn Mendah where he would inside the base to no avail.

My trouble is finding a way to trigger the spawn script for Mendah. Where is the trigger located that connects Mendah's spawn script with the receptionist dialogue? If you could just tell me what file it is, I should be able to connect it to someone else to trigger him to spawn (if you think this is feasible).

If I'm making no sense or there's an easier way, please let me know. I'm still learning this.

Easiest way:

The readme contains detailed explantions for each of the files included in the archive. You can find the file name there.

Next easiest way:

Additionally, you can open the Taris Receptionist file with GFF Editor and find the node with a spawn script attached

The freebie:

The name of the spawn script is spawn_mendah :D

I go to a lot of work to include as much information as possible in my readme's. Please take the time to read them :D:D:D

I hope you enjoy the mod!!

Easiest way: The readme contains detailed explantions for each of the files included in the archive. You can find the file name there.

If you're talking about files included in your archive, there is no file for the receptionist. I've found that file in the .rims in the main KoTOR directory, but not in your mod. I've got both the .dlg file and .utt file open from the main KoTOR files. Now, I see that Scripts can be input into .dlg files at certain points (so that when I persuade her to not hit the alarm) it will run the attached script (might be wrong here).

Did I not get all of the files for your mod? It would seem that a modified file for the receptionist tar09_recept091.dlg would be included with the attached script for spawn_mendah. Well, maybe the .rim file tar_m09aa_s.rim that contains the .dlg file.

I'm probably just confusing myself and pissing you off at the same time, but I've got KoTOR Tool, Gff Editor, dlgedit, and http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126311

this thread trying to figure this out.

The only other thing I can think of is that the script is triggered by the number/letter sequences preceding each piece of dialogue (from the .txt files of the .dlg files from dlgedit.exe.

If you're talking about files included in your archive, there is no file for the receptionist. I've found that file in the .rims in the main KoTOR directory, but not in your mod. I've got both the .dlg file and .utt file open from the main KoTOR files. Now, I see that Scripts can be input into .dlg files at certain points (so that when I persuade her to not hit the alarm) it will run the attached script (might be wrong here).

Did I not get all of the files for your mod? It would seem that a modified file for the receptionist tar09_recept091.dlg would be included with the attached script for spawn_mendah. Well, maybe the .rim file tar_m09aa_s.rim that contains the .dlg file.

Well go figure that the one recruit that I didn't triple check before packaging is the one that's missing a file :(

My apologies for the snafu. Version 1.01 will be released momentarily :(

EDIT: Version 1.01 is available for download.

Caerid11, if you PM me with your email address I will send you the missing dlg file.

WOOHOO! I'm not a complete moron!

No apologies required, especially when somebody puts their valuable time into something like this. I've actually learned a lot the past 3 hours, not much different from modding Morrowind. Now hopefully I can get Mendah to spawn after-the-fact. I'm just going to use your dialogue as a blue-print and have Gorton fire the script ;-)

Thanks for your time and patience.

Heh, your PM box is full. No worries, I re-downloaded the mod and found out what I was doing wrong. I put the spawn_mendah in the Entry dialogue, it had to go in the Reply dialogue. Got him to spawn, he has a Twi'Lek portrait and can't use a lightsaber but it's probably something I did when I compiled that with the Holowan Plug-In. No biggie, thanks for the help.

It's also missing the Portraits.2da file (and I'm having trouble fixing it).

Is the texture there? It will probably start with "po_", if so you should be able to open up the apperance 2da and find the apperance number then go into the Portraits.2da you already have, if you don't have any other mod's with this you can access the ingame one through kotor tool, and add the info into the file.

Fixed it, had a little trouble because I had another Portraits.2da mod in there, no biggie, works fine now. I love watching the little guy swinging the lightsaber around. GGs.

I'm guessing you figured out how to compine them then? It's amazing how simple some of the 2da edits are once you start playing with them.

Archived