Home

IC_ - Imperial Clones (SWB PC clan)

Imperial Clones

Imperial Clones

- Imperial Clones will be a PC clan for Star Wars Battlefront

- We are looking for members age 18 and up

- Any type of player is welcome; role players, casual and competitive

- Full flash site with php forums, member section, tech page and links

- Rank/position/responsibility will be determined based on your attitude and skill.

-- Attitude will be examined by fellow clan members. This goes a lot further than skill in determining your leadership capability

-- Skill will be gathered based on your past experience in online first person shooters in games such as Battlefield 1942, Call of Duty, Doom 3, Halo, Jedi Knight series, Mechwarrior 3/4, Unreal 2003/2004 as well as your current level of skill in Star Wars Battlefront.

Thank you for your compliments. I apologize if my tech section is not up to date, I took a break and starting playing Warcraft 3 and Unreal 2004 again.

We will be gearing up for new recruits perhaps as early as this week. If I can, I will try and update the tech section with the X Box information provided in the main forum.

Yes I did all the work myself, except the preloader code.

Yes I could have done something like this in html, but html is overly unattractive, boring (I've made over 20 html sites) and honestly takes far more time to produce than a simple flash site like this; which took under 3 hours in total to create. Also the majority of a flash site's size comes from video, images and audio; in this case two mp3's (3 of that 4 megs).

If anyone has any clan related questions feel free to post them in this thread or in the IC forums, both of which I check daily.

Thanks for the warm welcome, I did not know this is how "http://www.swbattlefront.net/" moderators welcomes new people, with snide remarks; two negative posts within hours. As a young representative of this site you are a very poor ambassador and display an exceptionally poor attitude. Both of which are reasons for age restrictions in clans.

Drama aside, disregard his posts :cool:

Didn't mean to offend you. I'm just saying it's better to have a fast loading site. Just because I suggested something doesn't mean I said "i hate your site" So if you wanna get angry over a suggestion then fine.

Sorry to hurt your feelings, your site is very nice.

(oh and by the sounds of it you think i'm 14 or somethin lol)

Nice website. :p

Originally posted by Imperial Clones

As a young representative of this site you are a very poor ambassador and display an exceptionally poor attitude. Both of which are reasons for age restrictions in clans.

Nope, the reason for age restrictions in clans is that some misguided clanleaders seem to think it'll make their clan more mature. That's nonsense, maturity is not age-bound, it's personality-bound.

Anyway, good luck.

Hope to see you guys in-game.

(note: it might help if you'd explain wether you're an american or european based clan)

"Nope, the reason for age restrictions in clans is that some misguided clanleaders seem to think it'll make their clan more mature. That's nonsense, maturity is not age-bound, it's personality-bound."

True to degree. But common sence says that its easiest to eliminate most of the imaturity problems by setting an reasonable 18+ or higher age restriction. There are thsoe few and far between kids that are the very rare exception. But I personally dont like being part of a team with a bunch of kids, because their imaturity will usually shine through. Not to mention often times their lack of commitement. Will there be imature 30 year olds? Sure. But too often than not alot of probelms are solved by the age resitrictions.

It really comes down to waht kind of peopel you have fun playign with, their attitudes their mouths their style etc, and finding a clan that fits that.

MH

flash is ok, but the downside of 100% flash is that browsers like firefox need to reload it (well, play the preloader again that is). 4 megs for a site is too much, you might have cut the music in 1/3 orso, sligtly tune down quality ;) Just some tips, the site itself is nice work

Originally posted by Mechanics_Hands

True to degree. But common sence says that its easiest to eliminate most of the imaturity problems by setting an reasonable 18+ or higher age restriction. There are thsoe few and far between kids that are the very rare exception. But I personally dont like being part of a team with a bunch of kids, because their imaturity will usually shine through. Not to mention often times their lack of commitement. Will there be imature 30 year olds? Sure. But too often than not alot of probelms are solved by the age resitrictions.

It really comes down to waht kind of peopel you have fun playign with, their attitudes their mouths their style etc, and finding a clan that fits that.

MH

Ehm - my Jedi Academy clan consisted almost solely of 15/16 year olds and we had zero immaturity problems.

Our members were commited as follows: a game every day & vast tactical discussions on our private forums.

Most clans with age-restrictions don't have that kind of commitment.

My current Enemy Territory clan consists of almost solely 16 year olds, with the addition of one 13 year old and one 14 year old.

That clan too has zero immaturity problems.

Commitment is equal to that of the above clan.

My current Star Wars: Battlefront clan consists solely of 16 year old - and so far we have zero immaturity problems (ofcourse we're currently only with 3 people and all of us are clanleaders - so that is to be expected I guess - but so far all of the people that have shown interest are mature as well... and coincidentally, nearly all of them are 16 years old)

On the other hand I know of plenty of clans which consist mostly of older players - that do have immaturity problems.

Clans like the Old Gamers Clan (ET) & License 2 Frag. (UT'99 - now renamed)

We are still looking for a few new members. If you are mature, solid individual and wish to join a older clan, visit the homepage at http://www.clones.op7.net

In order to join go to the "Troopers" page and click 'coordinates' then follow the instructions. Once you are accepted you can join our ventrilo server and meet the other troopers.

For further information or if you have questions, visit our forums and leave your name and number, and we'll get back to you.

• 2 weeks later...

Sept. 27th, we have removed out 22 member cap.

Imperial Clones has opened up recruiting again!

Please visit our site and forums for more information. We currently have a ventrilo server up, will have a clan server up by October 1st and are looking forward to the TWL season.

We are only looking for people who are CAN be active, are partially or totally addicted to this game and have an interest in fun and competitive play.

In order to join you must review and agree to the rules posted in the "Forums", then visit the "Troopers" section and fill out the join form.

EDIT: Due to hurricane damage the website is currently unavailable, send your application to imperialclones@gmail.com using the join fom below.

Imperial Clones,

In order to submit a complete application to IC you must answer of the following:

1. Firstly, read the rules, posted on the forums and agree to abide by them.

2. Indicate your age.

3. Indicate your location and timezone.

4. Write up a request for membership and include the following information:

- Why you want to join and what can you bring to this team

- Tell us about yourself, so we can gauge your attitude and enthusiam

- Desired name: IC_yournamehere

- Preferred soldier class and vehicle

- Previous online gaming experiences/games (first person shooters)

Since site is down I will ask a question here others may wonder;

"Do you have a TS or a Vent server for the clan to use?"

Just curious myself. I am currently looking for a clan to join. I am a regular on Star Wars Galaxies but need the true speed of battle theat Battlefront gives. My name "Capt Kain" was my rank and name in my clan of Quake II {EME} I have used this name in every multiplayer game I have played since:

Command & Conquer Red Alert 2, Yuri's Revenge, Generals, Zero Hour(Still Play it)

Quake II, Star Wars Galaxies(Still play it), and my fav so far... Command & Conquer: Renegade (Still play it).

(I have played MOH and COD just not online...yet.

Anyways, I am interested in putting an application in for membership to your guild. I play Battlefront on PC multiplayer almost every night on server with best ping and most players.

If ya see the name "Capt. Kain" its me, please say hi if your on there.

We have had a ventrilo server up since two weeks proir to the games release.

Our own game server will be online on October 15th.

*Currently we have some temporary forums set up sicne our regular forums (containing the rules) are down; the hurricane damage is still being looked at. Basically we are an older clan age18+ (average age ~30), respect and teamwork come first at all times. In order to join you must use the join form on the website.

• 2 weeks later...

Imperial Clones is pruning its roster and only keeping those players who can be active at least two days each and every week. The majority of members have families and work weekdays, having jobs ranging from dolphin trainers to professional baby sitters and army personnel. If are between the age of 18-50+ and are able to an active member, please consider IC as your Battlefront clan.

Visit the main site located at http://www.clones.op7.net/ and go to the "Troopers" page, click the word "coordinates" and fill out the join form.

Once accepted you will be given access to our ventrilo server and usergroups on the forums; clan server forth coming. If you have any questions make an account and post on the forums, myself or another trooper will answer any and all of your questions.

The site is alright. I thought it was going to be out-of-this-world great by the replies, but it needs some work:

1. You can load the mp3's seperately by using the loadMovienum function. I use it on my flash sites and it works well, so that way people don't need to load the whole site at once, including the mp3s. Here's some sample code:

on (release) {

unloadMovieNum(3);

loadMovieNum("news.swf",3);

}

You know, movies go on levels, everything is on lvl 1 unless u tell it otherwise, etc.

2. Needs to be a little more flowing. What framerate are you running the movie at? I usually run mine at 20, gives it a smoother look.

3. You should use flash to make a form and use php to send it. Take a look at my business site and go to contact us, you'll see what i mean.

Kirupa.com has some great tutorials to make your own preloaders, etc, with code and examples.

How long have you been working with flash? Seems like a pretty good start. The layout, structuring, etc is good - just needs to be refined. I've played with it since version 5, and i'm 17 now (18 in a few weeks). Just now getting into the swift 3d stuff. And html is boring, i use flash for everything. IF you know how to do it right and keep load times to the minimal, they come out nice. If you wanna take a look at some of my work my biz site is at:

http://www.cflcomputing.com

and this site is on of my best ones so far:

http://www.hypgraphix.com

Anywho, GL with the clan :) If you need any hosting or anything hit me up, i have a web server

Archived