Home

lightsaber colours (tsl spoiler sort of)

Aleggy

aparently in tsl there are going to be more colours available for your lightsaber

now personally i'm happy with the colours we have

but i'm curious

if you have a preferred lighsaber colour that isnt already available please let me know

and girls pink is acceptable

or you can just give me your views on 'more lightsaber colours'

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Aleggy

aparently in tsl there are going to be more colours available for your lightsaber

now personally i'm happy with the colours we have

but i'm curious

if you have a preferred lighsaber colour that isnt already available please let me know

and girls pink is acceptable

or you can just give me your views on 'more lightsaber colours'

What colours exist officialy? what ybout grey? Your enemy would never see, where your saber is. Or white.

3 primary colors: Yellow, Blue, & Red

3 secondary colors: Green, Purple, and Orange

Maybe 2 or 3 metalics like Silver/White, Gold, and Bronze (<- ???).

For TSL they mentioned that you would have all 7 of the original colors. We also know that one of the new colors will be silver/white. That only leaves 2. I'm guessing orange and maybe a new red.

Originally posted by Achilles

3 primary colors: Yellow, Blue, & Red

3 secondary colors: Green, Purple, and Orange

Maybe 2 or 3 metalics like Silver/White, Gold, and Bronze (<- ???).

For TSL they mentioned that you would have all 7 of the original colors. We also know that one of the new colors will be silver/white. That only leaves 2. I'm guessing orange and maybe a new red.

Green is also a primary colour!

Originally posted by DarthBuzzard

I wonder if this is Bioware's snide way of saying the Consular pwns...y'know, with blue (guardian) + yellow (sentinel) = green (consular)...

It's possible, or just too many of Bioware's employees are using a lot of Glad Ziplock Bags with the color seal feature. :)

And DarthBuzzard don't forget the crystal cave that gave like 8+ Red Crystals on Dantooine, remember it is on Datooine, not even Korriban, this was Biowares way of telling us that Red pwns all!

:D

Originally posted by RedHawke

And DarthBuzzard don't forget the crystal cave that gave like 8+ Red Crystals on Dantooine, remember it is on Datooine, not even Korriban, this was Biowares way of telling us that Red pwns all!

:D

Apparently Redhawke never studied economics. If he had, he would have learned about the laws of supply and demand and diminishing returns. These fundamental concepts state that the more of something there is, the less it is worth :D

LS pwnz j00 !!!111

Originally posted by DarthBuzzard

Green is a secondary color. It is made by mixing blue and yellow (both primary colors.). I wonder if this is Bioware's snide way of saying the Consular pwns...y'know, with blue (guardian) + yellow (sentinel) = green (consular)...

Oh now I understand. I thought that you mean how often the colours are used by jedis!!:o

Apparently Redhawke never studied economics. If he had, he would have learned about the laws of supply and demand and diminishing returns. These fundamental concepts state that the more of something there is, the less it is worth :D

LS pwnz j00 !!!111

very funny Achilles :roll2: lol

i did home economics at school but that was all about cooking

but now thinking about it, it all kinda makes sense after all the darkside is the quick and easy path and there are more red crystals and they are easier to find lol

very funny Achilles :roll2: lol

i did home economics at school but that was all about cooking

but now thinking about it, it all kinda makes sense after all the darkside is the quick and easy path and there are more red crystals and they are easier to find lol

Actually you need only one crystal. Exept you are fighting with two sabers.

LS pwnz j00 !!!111

Yes I did have economics, at least I think that is what I slept through. :D

Now... now Achilles... :tsk: I never said LS or DS pwns anything... all I said was Red pwns all! :)

Good guys can wear Black and carry Red Lightsabers too! :D

yes but the red crystals are quicker and easier to find

Only because Bioware was lazy when making the crystal cave module, they could have easily more evenly distributed the color crystals given out.

Well, in school I was told that primary colours are these: Red, Green and Blue. Yellow is not a primary colour, as it is a different spectrum of red. While green certainly can be made by mixing yellow and blue it does have it's own light spectrum and thus is a primary colour. It doesn't matter whether you can mix a coulour of other colours, what matters is, whether id has a spectrum of its own.

Just my 2 cents ;)

Red, yellow and blue are the primary colors. End of story. Sorry to say, but you were taught wrong. Blue and yellow make green, yellow and red make orage and blue and red make purple. Nothing mixed with anything else can make blue, red or yellow. *shrug* Anyways, the colors I would like to see are blue, green, yellow, orage, purple, red, something towards white and basically anything that will look cool!

Originally posted by mxsuprastang

Red, yellow and blue are the primary colors. End of story. Sorry to say, but you were taught wrong. Blue and yellow make green, yellow and red make orage and blue and red make purple. Nothing mixed with anything else can make blue, red or yellow. *shrug* Anyways, the colors I would like to see are blue, green, yellow, orage, purple, red, something towards white and basically anything that will look cool!

I'll try to explain again:

Colours are defined by their wavelength (spectrum). Red, Green and Blue are basic colours because their wavelengths put together cover all colours that a human eye can see.

As any photoshop user will surely confirm, you can make yellow by mixing green and red. Red and blue ARE primary colours, no dispute there. But not yellow. Yellow is a subset of red and/or green (depends on the exact hue, if it is rather orange, then it is a subset of the red colour, otherwise it is a part of the green colour)

Please, do not try to argue with me, I DO know physics. I even have some funny papers with the name of my school on them, that kinda confirm that I know physics ;)

Originally posted by mxsuprastang

I'll try to explain again:

Colours are defined by their wavelength (spectrum). Red, Green and Blue are basic colours because their wavelengths put together cover all colours that a human eye can see.

As any photoshop user will surely confirm, you can make yellow by mixing green and red. Red and blue ARE primary colours, no dispute there. But not yellow. Yellow is a subset of red and/or green (depends on the exact hue, if it is rather orange, then it is a subset of the red colour, otherwise it is a part of the green colour)

Please, do not try to argue with me, I DO know physics. I even have some funny papers with the name of my school on them, that kinda confirm that I know physics ;)

Anyway I think an orange lightsaber would be a great addition *thumbs up*

Well, I don't wanna argue with the professor here, and maybe blue green and red are BASIC colors, but the PRIMARY colors are blue, yellow and red. All through pre-school and all through high school you learn that, in art, in ceramics even. Why would they go through all that trouble to teach you something that isn't true? So maybe your physics teacher said that green was a BASIC color, but yellow is the PRIMARY color. Oh, and I don't use photoshop, try mixing blue and green crayons and see if you get yellow, or blue and green paint. Then come and see me. BTW sorry for the spam......KotOR rules...

Archived