Home

How do you raise tickets? Rounds are to short!

MistressDeath

Hello,

In Battlefield you could raise the number of tickets to 2000. This is a great feature! You could play for an hour or more on Market Garden and enjoy it immensely! So, how do you do that on Battlefront? My daughter and I are playing 10 minute rounds or less and it's very difficult to enjoy the maps because they end so fast. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is a great forum.

Thanks,

MD

I am a big SW fan and a big BF42/BFV fan. I too hoped that SWBF would be every bit of a game that BF42/BFV are...alas it is highly unlikely that SWBF will meet BF42 and BFV in terms of gaming richness, mod community, etc (and certainly never all the admin functionality)....which is sad since BF is two years old.

By the time SWBF has the bugs worked out to be close to BF, BF2 will be out which will be a quantum leap above BF and SWBF.

...dont get me wrong, I love SWBF, but it is no BF1942.

For more info check out the Admin FAQ and the "Battlefront for Battlefield Players Guide"

ya maps could have been enlarged a bit. i find when piloting a x-wing it takes no time to go from one side of map to the other.

Alas i own a xbox because how are they gonna update the xbox version? I guess i'll have to wait for the sequel to get these minor problems fixed.

That stinks for the people who have PS2 version and no broadband connection and/or internet adaptor to get a patch online. I don't even play online because of those reasons. I wanted to be able to adjust the ticket count to lengthen and shorten the battles. Just a shame for the single player offline people!

Originally posted by Evil Dark Jedi

I got this game on Xbox and I dont have Xbox Live so I cant get a patch.:(

It came with a 2 month free trial to x-box live. You could wait until the patch comes out and then do the free trial for two months and download the patch then. That's what I'm going to do. ;)

Originally posted by [RNGD]Tyrant

I am a big SW fan and a big BF42/BFV fan. I too hoped that SWBF would be every bit of a game that BF42/BFV are...alas it is highly unlikely that SWBF will meet BF42 and BFV in terms of gaming richness, mod community, etc (and certainly never all the admin functionality)....which is sad since BF is two years old.

By the time SWBF has the bugs worked out to be close to BF, BF2 will be out which will be a quantum leap above BF and SWBF.

...dont get me wrong, I love SWBF, but it is no BF1942.

Maybe they were scared about making a bf1942 clone. Take ole Galactic battlegrounds for example. It was a AoE clone and wasn't as big as first hyped. I agree about you're too late point Tyrant, I'm afraid with bf2 out next year the changes might not come in time. However, for now I am having a blast playing battlefront while I take a break from cobra/huey/stuka action of BF'42 & BFV.

Originally posted by MURS

ya maps could have been enlarged a bit. i find when piloting a x-wing it takes no time to go from one side of map to the other.

Alas i own a xbox because how are they gonna update the xbox version? I guess i'll have to wait for the sequel to get these minor problems fixed.

Those maps should be larger. Hopefully they don't increase them so big like Road to Rome was that gamers lose interest.

These are all good points no doubt. I am having fun with Battlefront for the PC but need the tickets to be higher. Also, the maps are to small but I do like the graphics (Ground and Sky are great compared to BF1942). BF1942 is an incredible game. I haven't had that much fun in a MP game ever. Market Garden is like 5 maps in 1 with 2000 tickets and all the different locations you can wage a battle or protect against the enemy. There aren't any maps like this in SWB. Even if there were the round would be over in 10 minutes so you wouldn't even have the chance to defend anything. But I think it's safe to say when BF2 comes out it will blow everything away! I would like to see High Res Textures too like in UT200X. I know that would slow down the game but if you play on a LAN with a couple of people it wouldn't hurt and the game would look moviesque. I just think the weapon textures are weak, not bad but could have been better. I feel a Star Wars game DEMANDS more respect than what Pandemic gave it. If SWB would have come out around XMas it would have been more polished and we wouldn't be talking about small maps, ticket count and muddy weapon textures.

Thanks for your replies.

MD

Me too a veteran of Battlefield 1942 and I hoped this Star Wars game would be like it

And for me it is!

- if I hadn't seen Battlefield 1942 i would be telling people they just have to see some of things going on in this game, like it was the first time i played Battlefield 1942

Some of the Battles are classic and my favourite at the moment is the last battle in the attack of the clones where the robots take on the clones - this is so enjoyable playing this map

Also I don't find the spaceships being too low a problem - at least you can see them on the ground which really adds to the game

But if its likes battlfield 1942, this game will be patched through time to add to it. BF1942 took ages for patches and there were loads of them - all good things though

Archived