Home

Long silence

lukeiamyourdad

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is impossible for Sifo-Dyas to be Palpatine. Obi-Wan Kenobi knew of Sifo-Dyas, and knew he was killed over ten years before he arrived on Kamino. Obi-Wan Kenobi also knew of Palpatine, since he met him on several occaisions ten years before he arrived on Kamino. Therefore since Obi-Wan Kenobi knows both Sifo-Dyas and Palpatine it is impossible for them to be the same person.

So I have 0% confidence in that theory.

Did anyone think that maybe Sifo Dyas did not go to Kamino but sent a transmission to Kamino ordering the army and pretending to be who he claims. The Prime Minister did not even know what he looked like plus he also stated he claimed to be the leader of the Jedi Order. I'd say Sifo Dyas is just an alias of Palpatine or Dooku.

I think Greivous is a brand new bad guy. I just don't see the connection between Maul or Sifo.

Another theory is Sifo-Dyas is Qui Gon. Dooku could have persuded him to order the army before the Battle of Naboo.

Just some possible theories.

That could actually be possible.

Vostok there is no reason behind your reasoning.

Just because Obi Wan knows the pair of them doesn't mean he MET Sifo-Dyas on Kamino when he was ordering the army?

It would propably be hard for a member of the Jedi Council at the time to go missing while a Senator to go missing for a week would be quite normal and wouldn't arose suspicions.

The Kamino's were under the impression that Sifo-Dyas was one of the leading members of the Jedi Council. They said he placed the order about ten years ago. Qui-Gon had done something that defied the Council once (hence Obi-Wan's comment about defying the council again master . . .if you wouldn't you would be on the council). Maybe he and Dooku and worked together to order the clones and Qui-Gon was posing as Sifo to order them. But would he do that? Qui-Gon had defiance in him, but deceit? I don't think we saw that trait. Maybe he was on the verge, but I don't believe that. He could have been duped by Dooku, especially since he was his padawan, there would have been a bond, a trust of some kind I'm sure, but I find it difficult to go with.

The most like story is that Dooku posed as Sifo, ordered the clones. Dooku hired Jango, which we know because Jango tells Obi that he has never heard of Sifo but that he was hired by a man named Tyrannus. This leads me to believe that Dooku posed as Sifo to the Kaminos. The problem with this is that now Dooku's face is all over the Holonet as the leader of the Confederates and they would know who he really is. Assuming they have contact with the Republic news of some sort. So, Dooku could not have posed as Sifo without the Kaminos figuring it out. It was either Sifo, Palpatine or somebody else posing as Sifo.

The Prime Minister did not even know what he looked like plus he also stated he claimed to be the leader of the Jedi Order.
Neither of those points is true. Nothing is in the movies to suggest Lama Su doesn't know what Sifo-Dyas looks like. And he never stated Sifo-Dyas was the leader, just a leading member, which would seem to be true judging from Yoda's and Mace Windu's reaction to Obi-Wan's report.
I'd say Sifo Dyas is just an alias of Palpatine or Dooku [...] Another theory is Sifo-Dyas is Qui Gon.
It can't be an alias, since Sifo-Dyas was definitely a real person. He existed in the public eye at the same time as Palpatine the Senator and Dooku the Jedi Knight and Qui-Gon the Jedi Knight did, so he can't just be an alias of any of those three. It's possible one of them posed as Sifo-Dyas, but I'll address that idea below.

Maybe he and Dooku and worked together to order the clones and Qui-Gon was posing as Sifo to order them [...] The most like story is that Dooku posed as Sifo, ordered the clones. Dooku hired Jango, which we know because Jango tells Obi that he has never heard of Sifo but that he was hired by a man named Tyrannus.
I find it very hard to believe anybody posed as Sifo-Dyas to order the clones. Here's why: what is the point of posing as someone to order the clones when you could just do it yourself? This is best evidenced by the fact Jango says a man named Tyranus hired him. If Dooku were posing as Sifo-Dyas to order the clones, wouldn't he keep up the charade to hire the clone template rather than give away his Sith name?

Let's look at it logically. The Kaminoans are a naive people and are very trustworthy. They built an entire army based on one man's word - Sifo-Dyas - and didn't even bother to check with the Jedi Council if Sifo-Dyas had authorisation to make such an order. They are detached from the Republic, so much so they didn't even know Sifo-Dyas had died ten years ago! So they met Sifo-Dyas, didn't know if he was really from the Jedi Council, didn't check him out at all, and didn't keep in contact with him. If this is the case why would someone bother to pose as a Sifo-Dyas to get the army created? Dooku or Qui-Gon, being both Jedi Knights, could just as easily front up to Kamino and say "I'm Count Dooku/Qui-Gon Jinn, and the Jedi Council has instructed me to order a Clone Army from you." Tha Kaminoans would build it anyway if they were paid right, they didn't need to pose as Sifo-Dyas to get the job done. For that matter even Palpatine could have gotten the army ordered by himself. He was an important member of the Galactic Senate, and since the army was being built for the Republic the Kaminoans would once again ask no questions and get the army built, as long as the money was there.

So my question to those who think someone just posed as Sifo-Dyas is this: why did they need to pose as Sifo-Dyas?

Vostoki the Sith's most powerful weapon is the confusion and mistrust they can generate.

Having two different people seemingly unconected in the scheme would make things even more uncertain they would be asking who is Tyranus what is his connection so to Sifo-Dyas how did they meet how did they know about the Kaminoans how did they manage to get authorisation.

Sifo-Dyas may just be Sifo-Dyas just under one of Sidious' Mind tricks.

It can't be Dooku most things agree he left around the time of the battle of Naboo and he wouldn't have hooked up with Sidious that fast so it wouldn't have been him however it never says when they started on the Army since Boba looks a little younger than 10 years maybe 8.

I'll bet you dollars to donuts that Lucas won't even tell us who Grievous is. He will simply appear in the movie, Yoda will slice him through (or Anakin, or somebody, or Jar-Jar) and that will be the end of it. No questions answered. I'll go crazy. And, these forums will be lit up with this same discussion on "who is Grievous". Then we will come out and give this same old opinion again, all sides, and already be tired of it and still not get anywhere with it. Meanwhile, George Lucas is laughing all the way to the bank.

But, at least we have added some intelligent thought to our debates with our last few posts.

No I've heard that after Grevious meats his untimely end

on Naboo of all places

at

Obi Wan's

hands we see Grevious Faceplate come off and see his face dripping Bodily Fluids.

We don't see anyone else with cat eyes do we?

He can't be from ep 1 or 2 and he obviously won't be from the OT.

Dooku or Qui-Gon, being both Jedi Knights, could just as easily front up to Kamino and say "I'm Count Dooku/Qui-Gon Jinn, and the Jedi Council has instructed me to order a Clone Army from you." Tha Kaminoans would build it anyway if they were paid right, they didn't need to pose as Sifo-Dyas to get the job done. For that matter even Palpatine could have gotten the army ordered by himself. He was an important member of the Galactic Senate, and since the army was being built for the Republic the Kaminoans would once again ask no questions and get the army built, as long as the money was there.

It's 2 risky for Palpy to order the clones, jedi came in contact with them years later and if yoda or obi wan found out it was him all hell would break lose. On the other hand palp fooled a whole Republic I'm sure some Kamino fodder is no problem.

It can't be Dooku most things agree he left around the time of the battle of Naboo and he wouldn't have hooked up with Sidious that fast so it wouldn't have been him however it never says when they started on the Army since Boba looks a little younger than 10 years maybe 8.
Well even if the Clone Army was started ten years ago, Dooku must have been there at it's creation, as it was him (Darth Tyranus) who hired Jango in the first place, so that argument doesn't necessarily hold.
I'll bet you dollars to donuts that Lucas won't even tell us who Grievous is. He will simply appear in the movie, Yoda will slice him through (or Anakin, or somebody, or Jar-Jar) and that will be the end of it. No questions answered.
If indeed that is how it happens I'll be switching to the "Greivous is nobody" camp.
I believe Sifo-Dyas will be the Yoda of the PT. The secret that Lucas will bring with him into his grave.
What do you mean like that? We know who Yoda is...

GL will have more important things than to go back to the dark depths that is the gap between Ep's 1 and 2.

Grevious is of course a somebody it was him solely that got the Confederacy to Courscant so he's obviously a somebody and if he makes sport of killing jedi he's hardly a weak fighter indeed if Yoda,Obi wan or Anakin slice through him then it validates him as a formidable fighter since they are some of the best.

Vostok some people are already in the Grevious is Grevious camp joining my camp after the film is released will be pointless since there won't really be much further debate as to who he is since it'll obviously have been answered.

If I were Lucas (and I'm not because my name isn't Lucas) I would simply have Grievous be Grievous because its a better story for the character. Leave Maul as being dead because it's a better story. And tell us nothing about Sifo boy because its a better story. the less we know about these characters the better it makes the story. The more we know about them through the movies, the more it cheapens the movies. Save the details for the EU crowd and their books. That's what I'd do. Leaving the details up the the movie goers imagination is more artistic and makes for a better movie.

I hope Grievous is just Grievous.

Archived