Home

Long silence

lukeiamyourdad

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grevious will have something to do with the plot an important role but since GL is devoting most of the film to bridging PT and OT we naturally can't see more action which is a great shame.

General Grevious is the Militray Leader of the confederacy it is he who directed the assault against Duro which gave the Confederacy a foothold in the Core from which they most likely staged their Assault on Coruscant.

Grievous won't have much of a role in the plot, but he is going to have a big part in the opening action scenes. He will help to have a small part in Anakin's foreshadowing of what he will become in his transformation into Darth Vader. So he has a small role, though it is not great, it is a contribution.

Grevious will Have A Huge role in terms of protraying how the war went up until EP.III but your right since the entire film will revolve around.

Palpatine>Emporer

and

Anakin Skywalker>Darth Vader

I personally would rather they have rejigged the numbers a little and put in an episode where the Clone wars is fought out in it;s entirety.

No, I don't think we will see it because there is a big time difference ROTS to ANH. We might see the Emperor give the command to begin building it, but that's all I think. But the we might see some of it in some way, so far it has appeared in three of the five movies. We really don't know what it is in AOTC except plans for a "secret weapon" that Dooku takes to his master. In ANH and ROTJ the Death Star represents the Terror that is the Empire and the Emperor. The destruction of the first DS by Luke heralds in "A New Hope" for the galaxy, the Jedi and Anakin's return. The Death Star is a character itself in this story that represents evil and terror. That was its purpose by design in the New Order, to keep the systems in line by being afraid of it. It was also what lead to its destruction and to the destruction of the Emperor. The citizens of the Empire no longer wanted to live in fear so they revolted and destroyed it and him.

After all of that I think that I have changed my mined. I think that we get a small glimpse of the very initial stages of a Death Star prototype, or testing or the plans or something. Even if it is just the command to begin construction or funding. My concern is the amount of time between movies.

It is possible that Palpatine will say this: Build me a Death Star, and when you are about half way done with the first, start on a second one.

Thus, answering the timely question of "how did the Empire get the Second DS built so quickly?"

Remember, there are always two with the Sith.

No one mentioned anything about there being more than one sith.

We have a slight problem now however though the first Death Star seems very much to be Tarkins project but why would the emporer put a potential threat in the hands of someone very ambitious like Tarkin.?

The Second Death Star I could imagine being built pretty fast because while Tarkin's Death Star would propably only have had his holidngs funding it which I beleive were mostly outer rim worlds he wouldn't be able to throw as much support into is as say the Emporer could in terms of the Entire emporer being thrown into construction.

This does present a few plot holes because I really don't see Palpatine giving Tarkin the Designs to the DS and I don't seem Tarkin having them stolen either.

I wish they hadn't put in the bit where Dooku gave Sidious the designs for the DS it's created a problem that I can only hope is fixed in Ep 3

I think he was trying to say that perhaps 2 Death stars were originally ordered to be constructed... just one larger than the other.

Stay with me on this.

There are 2 Sith. A master and apprentice.

There were 2 Death Stars. The first and the second, which was larger.

Still with me?

2 Death Stars, 2 Siths.

Perhaps it's Palpatine's tribute to the Sith Code or something.

I think that having a hot Sith Chick would be a nice addition. I'm tired of these ugly, toothless, saggy skinned, red faced, tattooed fugly guys. Anyways . . .

Tarkin is most likely going to replace Dooku in the Governmental realm and Anakin will replace Grievous in the Military leader/Hitman type realm. It is no spoiler that Tarkin is going to be in ROTS because he is listed as being there on the web site. When the Empire comes into existence and the New Order is set into place, Tarkin is a Grand Moff, or a Local Military Governor. A dictator figurehead that represents the Emperor in a certain area. One of his main projects is the Death Star, which by the way he completes. The New Order is a ruling philosophy set into place by the Emperor that uses the ideals of rule by fear. He uses the Storm Troopers, the Imperial Fleet, Darth Vader, The Moffs and this Death Star as part of this philosophy. The Death Star is costly, but effective. If you disobey you will be destroyed quickly and easily by the press of a few buttons a quick blast of a super laser. That's fear.

Tarkin goes along with this doctrine for a simple reason, it has put him in ultimate power of a large area of the galaxy, second only to the Emperor. In ANH, he even orders Vader around if you notice, so Vader even has to answer to a Grand Moff even though he is the Sith Apprentice and most likely heir to the Empire.

I thought YOU were married?

I like her from the Clone wars Cartoon I love her rhetoric The Jedi are Corrupt They Must be Punished "THE JEDI SHALL FALL" she has her own beauty I think.

It's either her or the Origninal Emporer "Madame Mokey Eyes"

Your spoilt for choice really.

Archived