Home

Long silence

lukeiamyourdad

Originally posted by Admiral Vostok In response to Phreak:

Clearly Ki-Adi-Mundi is not a hologram, but is in fact a ghost. All holograms in Star Wars have the horizontal lines like an old TV set, whereas Ki-Adi-Mundi here looks more like Obi-Wan when he appears as a ghost.

Right you are. I just didn't look at the picture that hard.

*stamps "Spelling whore" on Vostok* :xp:

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak

*stamps "Spelling whore" on Vostok* :xp:

That stamp is well deserved :D

As most people already know I'm quite fussy with my spelling, particularly when it comes to a certain species of eight foot tall walking carpets. But the difference between cannon and canon I feel is also important. A cannon is a big gun, but canon is the most holiest of texts on a given subject.

Hey Vostok, if you don't like the "Spelling Whore" then how about a title that shows respect to one of the greatest TV shows ever, Seinfeld. I dub the, "The Spelling Nazi" after "The Soup Nazi".

Oh, and this picture is clearly from ROTS. If you have opened an issue of Insider at all this year, or if you have been to the official site, you would have seen at least one or ten pictures of Mr. Kenobi with that crazy hair cut. Mr. Viceroy, this is not a picture from anywhere but episode Three. You are correct about one thing, this picture was released to increase speculation and to make us all drool.

By the way, who (like myself) is going to go see the “The Incredibles” just to see the Episode Three Trailer on its opening debut?

Double Post Alert

Double Post Alert

I'll stay out of that argument since I think it's for the good of us all.

However I still think it's a shot whipped up to create theories but then for Lucas to turn around and say it's not in Of course it'll look authentic but that's no gaurantee to it actually being in.

Indeed Viceroy, it could be a conspiracy. But if you can consider this to be something cooked up to throw the fans off the scent, can you not also see that the concept art of Greivous with his cat-eyes could be a similar distractionary tactic?

Nairb, being a Seinfeld fan I accept the title of Spelling Nazi even moreso than Spelling Whore.

As for The Incredibles, I was planning to see it already, but now it's showing the trailer I'll be seeing it in the first day or so of release rather than a few weeks after release as would otherwise be the case.

Sorry for the double post (I'm so touched that you noticed Viceroy, how observant of you). I knew somebody would say something and by somebody I mean you know who! Just kidding. After I posted I ran into (head first by the way) that new pic and had to let you good people know about it. I haven't seen the latest Insider magazine yet, but it looks to me that it is a scan of one of its pages. If I get a copy I'll confirm it and let you all know. I'm kind of disappointed, I think a dead Jedi on the council is a cool idea for a scene in the movie.

Maybe when Lucas releases ROTS to DVD he can change it to his definitive version and include it this time.

Oh, and your use of "Air Nazi" would not be correct, I'm afraid Viceroy, close, but quite right. And it is a title to bare proudly I would say, one of honor.

Then again that would clearly indicate you know nothing of Seinfeld, widely recognised as the greatest television show ever.

Nairb, if the caption is correct then I would say the shot is incomplete. I've realised that while the picture doesn't have the trademark "TV lines" of holograms, it also doesn't have the blue sparks on the aura of the image that ghosts have. So as of yet it can't really be determined to be one or the other: if it's a hologram ILM is yet to add the TV lines; if it is a ghost they are yet to add the blue aura.

One thing to think about though is the fact that holograms rarely fit into the environment - the closest we've seen is Sidious apparently sitting at the conference table on board the Droid Control Ship in The Phantom Menace, and even then it wasn't apparent that the hologram was "sitting" in the chair there. On the other hand ghosts (particularly Obi-Wan whilst discussing Leia in Return of the Jedi) have been known to interact with their environment in a normal way.

Just some more food for thought. My point is I don't think the case can be closed just yet on Ki-Adi-Mundi being either hologram or ghost. If he's a hologram it's far different from anything we've so far seen, if he's a ghost it is only a little bit different from what we've seen.

However I still think it could be a Hologram the Jedi Council would obviosul;y have far beter technology than that put in a very old and possibly nearly obsolete model and after all what quality would you expect from something so small.

All i'm saying is that the jedi council would have better holo projectors.

Seinfield I don't think is broadcast in Europe So I can hardly have watched it.

Calling someone a Nazi in Europe is termed as a grave Insult particularly as of Late with the Neo Nazi Party on the rise again. I'm hearing a lot of predictions that the Neo Nazi's will control half of the German Reichstag in less than 20 years.

All i'm saying is that the jedi council would have better holo projectors.
Unlikely. Not only have we had previous examples of the Jedi Council using holograms (which have the signature TV lines as I have described), but I find it very hard to believe that the Jedi Council has better holo projectors than the Emperor (as we can see the TV lines in his appearance in The Empire Strikes Back). If excellent holo projectors existed, surely they would have been installed in both the Emperor's Palace and Vader's room on the Executor.

Seinfield I don't think is broadcast in Europe So I can hardly have watched it.
You poor deprived Europeans. As I said Seinfeld is widely regarded as the greatest show ever, so I find it's absence in Europe, and particularly in English-speaking UK, a little sad.

Calling someone a Nazi in Europe is termed as a grave Insult
Of course it is. It is every where else in the world too. But no-one's calling anyone a Nazi, I'm being called a Spelling Nazi. The first word is essential to get the proper meaning. By the same token calling someone a whore is highly offensive but calling someone an Air Whore is not.

and yet We "Poor" Europeans Don't Take The American Attitude

http://www.idrewthis.org/2004/43,000.gif

We Suscribe to this stance

http://www.idrewthis.org/2004/binladen.gif

I doubt we're missing out on anything especially since Pokemon has managed to crawl round the globe to Europe I can hear someone saying about bloody time, but hey what are we gonna do cry? NO I doubt we need a stupid TV show why do we brits need to watch telly when their are so few sunny days in this country where Perpetual Rain fall isn't viewed as strange.

If you knew anything about Seinfeld, you'd know it too constantly makes fun of the "American" attitude. If you're rejecting it just because it's American then I really do pity you.

Then again when one of the most popular imported TV Shows in the UK is Neighbours, I guess there just isn't any accounting for British taste ;)

But this is not the place to discuss Seinfeld, as great a show as it is. So just accept for a minute that you might be missing out on the second greatest piece of pop culture ever created (after Star Wars of course, which I might remind you is also American).

Considering Since I revile most forms of Television Show I am immune to your pre-conceptions on British taste.

If someone erected a Gallows in the middle of a feild everyone in the surrounding area would flock their to see the executions it is human nature to watch others sufferings.

Why do you think such APPALLING soaps are widespread?

The only thing remotley like a soap I enjoyed watching was Micro Soap because it was about a family more accident Prone then mine Indeed my family is so accident prone every emergency service person knows us on a first name basis.

I detest American Politics and Military Methods I do not detest what comes out of america well I will make exceptions.

Star Wars is above any and all pety countires on this mortal coil so do not muddy the waters.

To associate Star Wars With American Politics is like Tossing Poision into the Fountain of Youth and Knowledge.

Considering Since I revile most forms of Television Show

Vostok Did you read what I said.

I Don't like many TV shows.

I've already Said I haven't heard of it.

The Apaling soaps of which I speak are Neighbours and it's Ilk

I Didn't Bad mouth Seinfidge or what ever it's called.

I'm not gonna admit it's a great show because I've never seen it and I never say what is good or bad about something I do not know of.

I never asked you to say it was good. Read my post. I ask you to admit there is a possibility it is good. I even italicised the word "might".

This is why we argue so much, Viceroy. You're just disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing. Furthermore, you're pretending you've never heard of it to enfuriate me even more. I can't believe you're that ignorant to not have even heard of Seinfeld, and I'm sure that isn't true.

This discussion is over as far as I'm concerned. You really are a bit of a lost cause if you'll just argue for the sake of arguing. Maybe I should have left you on my ignore list; after all, you never apologised for insulting me unprovoked.

I thought I apologised I'll do it now anyway

I'm Sorry

I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing I never admit something is or might be anything unless I know what I'm talking about it isn't in my nature. So i'm hardly doing to go against something that's always been one of my principals.

Truly I have never heard of Seinfield beofre it was mentioned here Even if it was on British TV it'd propbaly be DAYTIME television and of course TV's to watch what school would class as trashy TV in school are as rare as Hen's Teeth.

I'm not arguing for the sake of arguin All I'm saying is that people have different definitions of Greatest some Pathtetic people would Think Neighbours Desevres that Mantle. I Myself Am proud not to class myself as one of those idiots.

I know people have different definitions of greatest. I'm not asking you to say it is the greatest. If you can't even admit there's a chance in hell it might be good I find that a little too stubborn.

And truly I do find it odd that you've never heard of it. It is an interesting snippet of how pop culture is completely different even in similar countries. Seinfeld has changed the world as much as Star Wars has - it revolutionised and reinvigorated television in the same way Star Wars revolutionised and reinvigorated cinema. Star Wars has certainly left it's mark on society - sci-fi films are always trying to live up to what Star Wars has done - and Seinfeld is much the same. Since Seinfeld ended, every single American sitcom produced has at least one recurring character that was in Seinfeld at some point (this is a theory I have - other consumers of American pop culture feel free to try and dispute this theory, I haven't found a single sitcom without an actor who has been in at least one Episode of Seinfeld).

So you see in the same way I pity those who haven't seen Star Wars (and I think you probably would too as do most Star Wars fans), I also pity those who haven't seen Seinfeld, as they're missing out on one of the most successful pieces of entertainment ever produced, that has left such a mark on society that to not have experienced it makes you an outsider.

And thanks for the apology.

You two crack me up. It doesn't take much of anything to set you off at each other. But that's ok, not that there's anything wrong with that.

For a minute there I thought we were going to get into politics in this thread. I'm glad we didn't because there are other threads for that and I'd like to keep them there. there are a lot of old British "telly" shows that I enjoy. Faulty Towers, Are you being served. I know these are very old shows but I think they are hilarious. I used to watch them here on a PBS station that played their old reruns late at night. Funny stuff, very funny.

As for the resurgence of the Nazi party in Germany, bad idea. But don't worry old chap, we'll lend a hand if you need and want it.

Archived