Home

Are JetTroops/Dark Troops Uber?

Rends

Guys let´s discuss seriosly if the Clon Jettroop and the Dark troopers are uber.

Since the last few days i noticed that in 9 of 10 matches always the jetpack side win. 3-5 of the jettroops are enough to take most spawnpoints in a very short time.

On maps like Rhen Var harbour(?) and Kamino thoose troops will win ever.

Well i won´t say decrease the power of that kind of soldiers but in the next patch they should be limited in overall number who can spawn at the same time. Well bf42 has such feature so why shouldn´t have our SWBF too.

Just my 2 cents,

Rends

I can easily kill jet troopers with SBD or the pilot. They're not overempowered. Just evade their shots and hit em, that is all.

As for dark trooper, weapon is weak if it aint close range, and if you roll etc you make it hard for em. Never had a problem with darktroopers before

Dark Troopers can catch a few people by surprise, but it is very difficult for one to take a command post. Their rate of fire is just too low. Dark Troopers can be very useful in areas with lots of cover, but alone and in the open, they are sitting ducks.

Jet Troopers are powerful, though. The biggest reason is the command pistol, which is almost as good as the infantry blaster rifle. Unlike the other support pistols in the game, this one can rack up a few kills. Add this to the Jet Trooper's speed, and of course his missles, and he is one of the best units in the game.

I say one of the best because I think the Super Battle Droid helps keep the CIS in the game. Their wrist rockets and increased health make them very deadly.

I think the Jet Trooper was given the command pistol late in development to help make him more useful, and to help balance the Republic against the CIS. It might be overkill, but not too many people are using the Jet Trooper to its full advantage yet.

When massive armies of Jet Troopers start rushing your CPs in a month or so, then we might need a patch.

Maybe they should set up class selection like they have it in america's army. For those of you who don't know that means that you would have a set number of slots in each team for specialty fighters like snipers and such, and a lot of slot for normal troopers.That means in a ten man team you might only have one or two jet troopers.

Sircur,

but it becomes very booring.

Today i played 5 missions with about 5/5 players.

I guess the longest lasted 3 mins and all was won by the Darktroopers.

Well after the 5th mission i leaved because it was simple to booring.

Jedi,

yes that´s the same function you have in bf42. I would like to have it in SWBF too.

Rends

The jetpack units are in no way "uber." The Dark Trooper completely sucks. His blaster has a very slow rate of fire, small clip, extremely too short-range, and can only make two jumps in maybe fifteen seconds.

The Jet Trooper is decent, but not any better than any other unit. The jetpack is useful for speedy movement, but not gaining height, and his EMP launcher is good against Droidekas. The EMP launcher isn't good against other CIS units, since the EMP is so slow-moving and easy to see, with very little splash damage if any. Also has to reload every two shots, and runs out of ammo quickly. The commando pistol is really good in short bursts, but it's very easy to drain the ammo.

I totally agree with Rends.

I don't think these two kind of jet troopers are really "uber"... (even if I find an EMP launchers/grenade a bit to efficient agains droids...)

But lets face it... in MP, when people don't know each other, jet troopers take all the command post really fast, and you can't really ask for some sort of coordination when everyone plays for his own (most of the time).

Moreover, its a real pain to have to check every single roof in urban maps for any jet troopers. Your team struggles to make its path through all foes, then you see your primary command post is already taken, you fall back, you loose all you have fought for...

You'll say, some must defend, and some must attack, but in "clanless MP" people don't really mind on defending. I try often to go Rocket Launcher class in order to place some mines... it works, but it ain't much fun... plus clone troopers kill me AND my mines with their launcher.

Lets say you're in a good team. Well, the few seconds a jet trooper neutralizes a Command Post, would be enough to win at the end like : 10 - 0

Would be interesting to see the Empire vs Republic Clone army...

The Darktrooper, gimme a break, he's not that powerful. In fact he's quite weak, the only benefit he has is his Jetpack, which is very weak, basically just a glorified Jump.

The Jetpack Clonetrooper on the other hand has a much more useful gadget for covering great distances. HOWEVER, notice how slowly he moves while he's jetting around. It's like Quake3 with people bouncing on the Jump pads, he's a sitting duck!

I've tried Jetting around in the middle of a firefight and I ALWAYS get gunned down in short order. Maybe with lag it would be hard to hit 'em though, but then they are going to have a hard time hitting you as well.

As to getting from one place to another, yes, Clone Troopers are elite (though taking an airship is much safer for the reason I mentioned above), but remember that the CIS has the Droideka, which moves quite fast while rolling. It too is a sitting duck while rolling though.

The Darktrooper's equivalent is the Wookie smuggler. While he might seem overmatched, his Bowcastor fully charged seems a lot more powerful than the "shotgun" cannon that the DT has. Plus he can fire it rapidly, while the DT is stuck with a slower rate of fire for his gun. The Time Bombs of course aren't much use in an infantry battle, more for sabotage of vehicles or structures (or spawn camping, lol).

A Droid: I see what you're saying but the fact that a team may not work together isn't the game's fault, is it?

That's why so many online games have "Deathmatch" modes, because having a good team dynamic isn't a given in public games.

Still, this is a trial by fire. Either people will suck at the game and always lose since they don't work together, or they will be force to learn how to cooperate. You don't need to form a clan to have a good team, but it certainly helps. I do my part in a game and if people don't help, well, that's not something I can control. Besides, winning all the time (to those people who claim they play "for fun") simply isn't a realistic attitude to have for any game or sport. Even the best, lose.

Originally posted by A Droid

Would be interesting to see the Empire vs Republic Clone army... [/b]

I agree, that would be cool. The problem with it is that the skins would be hard to distinguish in battle, since they are both primarily white. Some kind of distinctions would have to be made to get it to work (I'd suggest a big floating "team beacon" icon over the heads of all teammates as is a feature in many FPS games).

Originally posted by monkey joe

but still, the emp grenades do damage humans too. belive me ive done it many, many times. many, many times many, many times

Plus, it would be fun to not know wheather youre shooting friend or foe...

Not after the first dozen or so kills... hence why you'd need the team beacons.

Otherwise it means recoloring the skins and then you lose the "look" of the nice shiny white Stormies and Clonies. : (

Hehe... I can imagine the confusoin of the Empire fighting the Clones.

A stormtrooper shoots a guy, then switches helmets and walks into the other guys' command post.

Stormtrooper--"Hey guys! It's me, a clone just like you. Don't worry, I got it here, you guys go capture some other place."

Clone--"Wait! You don't have a wierd accent! You're a spy! Quick, everyone, shoot the guy in the clone helmet! ...wait a second--"

All the other clones turn around and shoot eachother, everyone dies.

Darktrooper jumps from the sky, captures CP, jumps away.

Archived