Home

Which version of Max Rebo Band is better?

Shok_Tinoktin

Which version of the scene is better?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of the scene is better?

• Original Version
    • Special Edition
    • What's Max Rebo Band

It's true, the original stuff wasn't fully there. I had the soundtrack album on vinyl LP (that's a "record" for you old schoolers), still do. I listened to "Lapti Nek" quite a few times back in the day... never memorized it, but it was cooler than "Jedi Rocks" by far.

I never knew what alien music sounded like, but it sounded fine to me (though I hear it's pretty cheesey if translated into english).

In the scene as is it was simply more "serious." Jedi Rocks tries to be funny in the middle of Jabba murdering somebody, which I guess is black comedy that Lucas was shooting for, I dunno.

When I first saw it I was pissed, but now I'm just ambivalent. He says he always wanted to do more than what was there...

Sy Snootles looks like such a cartoon in the 1997 Edition and wasn't updated in the 2004. But it's passabe I guess. The loss of the Ewok song was worse than this.

Agreed, the loss of the Ewok song was a worse hit.

First time I heard the new "music-number" in Jabba's palace (the new one), sitting in the theater, I thought it, well, rocked. :)

But, for some reason, it sounded much better when I sat in the theater than when I sit at home. :p

Archived