Home

Bounty hunters that make Han run

guybroom

While watching the ESB I notvied a line i had never noticed before. Leia was talking to Han Solo about why he's leaving Hoth and Han says that the bounty hunter they met at (i think this is the right planet) Ord Mantle made him reconsider.

So, who was the bountry hunter?

Why were they there?

Was that the right planet?

And other similar questions

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only question of yours that I can answer of yours is that the planet is called Ord Mantell.

But I will tell you what I do know about it. After the Death Star was destroyed at the battle of Yavin, the Empire came back with a ton of warships and forced the Alliance into evacuation. At the beginning of ESB (which is three years after ANH), the Alliance has recently settled into Hoth. So during that time, the Alliance was jumping around looking for another place to put their base (as well as doing all the regular stuff Alliance guys do). This apparantly resulted in them being on Ord Mantell, where Han was reminded of the bounty that Jabba had put on his head.

btw, I dont know if they have already, but if not, this would make a good EU story IMO.

Is there nothing in the EU? I haven't read any of the EU so I don't realy know the sort if things that they have, but this sounds like the perfect thing for it. (*hint hint, wink wink* George)

And also. Anyone got a Star Wars glossary because who are Kar Yang, IG-88 and how did the Empire know where the Reble's were? Didn't Takin or someone say Leia said Dantooeen (sp) but she lied.

Originally posted by guybroom

Is there nothing in the EU? I haven't read any of the EU so I don't realy know the sort if things that they have, but this sounds like the perfect thing for it. (*hint hint, wink wink* George)

And also. Anyone got a Star Wars glossary because who are Kar Yang, IG-88 and how did the Empire know where the Reble's were? Didn't Takin or someone say Leia said Dantooeen (sp) but she lied.

I dont think there is anything eu yet, but i agree. Kar Yang was in the Shadows of the Empire: Evolution comics, and was said to be the second best bounty hunter. He was supposed to track down Guri (a human replica droid from Shadows of the Empire), but she killed him. IG-88 was one of the droids that Vader highered to find the Falcon and crew. He is also said to be the second best bounty hunter (by Fett himself). He is an assassin droid. The Empire put a tracking device on the Falcon, and that is how they brought the Death Star to Yavin. (This is after the Dantooine thing)

Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin

I dont think there is anything eu yet, but i agree. Kar Yang was in the Shadows of the Empire: Evolution comics, and was said to be the second best bounty hunter. He was supposed to track down Guri (a human replica droid from Shadows of the Empire), but she killed him. IG-88 was one of the droids that Vader highered to find the Falcon and crew. He is also said to be the second best bounty hunter (by Fett himself). He is an assassin droid. The Empire put a tracking device on the Falcon, and that is how they brought the Death Star to Yavin. (This is after the Dantooine thing)

who said Kar was the 2nd best BH?

And who is that bird fellow?

I would guess that Han was attacked by either Boba Fett or IG-88. My initial assumption would be IG-88 simply because in the GAME Shadows of the Empire (and I think in the book, though maybe not, I haven't read it in a long time) You fight IG-88 in Ord Mantel....though I don't remember if you killed IG-88...or if he said he'd already run into Solo or was waiting for him...

As you can see, my memory is impeccable. :D

Originally posted by Lieutenant_kettch

does anyone know which version of IG-88 was the one hired to find falcon? was it the same one uploaded to the death star? the same on boba ran into on tatooine?

It has been a while since I read it, but I believe IG-88B was hired to find the Falcon, and IG-88A that uploaded into the Death Star, and IG-88C or IG-88D that fought Boba on Tatooine (being that Boba had already killed B in Cloud City).

Originally posted by guybroom

Not exactly a spoiler. I've only read like 5 pages but i think that there were excact copies of the IG-88 the story follows.

WTH? i don't understand a word you are saying...

i will try to Decipher (hehe) it...

there are more than one IG-88s, that is why i asked which one it was, i think there are five of them

just so you guys know, and i really hope it isn't a spoiler to anyone by this point in the thread, but there ARE multiple IG-88s, the empire made more than one, so it doesn't matter if you killed one in SOTE, because is is very likely that there is another one running about

I think this is what guybroom is talking about. He is saying that it is not a spoiler because you find out in the first couple of pages.

i will try to Decipher (hehe) it...

Great joke:rolleyes:

i think there are five of them

actually there are four. the fifth assassin droid was something else (IG-76 I think)

Archived