Home

Jet trooper showdown (my first mod)

sb_gat

My first mod.

It's very, very simple, please don't be hard on me. All it does - it removes all faction units on Kamino and leaves Republic vs. REP using the one and only Jet Trooper.

http://www.lab321.ru/~stas/jetmod/jettrooper_showdown.zip

I also wanted to give the trooper's jetpack infinite energy (I did that on my SWBF), but I'm a n00b in modding and I don't know how to patch files :( and the rep.lvl file is too big.

If someone wants to give the trooper infinite energy, just find in rep.lvl using the Hex Editor the lines ijetpack ... /hover PROP.....0.1 and change that 0 to 1. :)

Here are two screenshots.

Republic vs. Republic selection screen.

http://www.lab321.ru/~stas/jetmod/jet_evil_rep.jpg

Everyone's blasting me with EMP rockets - spectacular :)

http://www.lab321.ru/~stas/jetmod/jet_mayhem.jpg

And a short movie that shows a bit of gameplay:

http://www.lab321.ru/~stas/jetmod/jet_swbf_div3_snd.avi

Have fun!

yeah, i modified rep.lvl, the line i edited was rep_weap_inf_commando_pistol on lines 01860e60h and 01860e70h with rep_weap_inf_rifle and it worked for me, it works in both single and multiplayer so if u wanna join a server, your either going to have to replace it with the backup u made of the original one, or just not switch to ur secondary weapon lol.

I think lord_xander has already done an infinite/rechargeable ammo setting. We just change the rep_weap_inf_commandopistol to rep_inf_weap_sniperrifle - and there we have the sniper jet class.

Rechargeable health is exactly what I need now... rechargeable or at the very least infinite. Lord_xander, could you perhaps give advice on this one?

well, what i can do, is i can give the jet trooper a secondary weapon of a sniper rifle, but then that would get rid of the clone trooper rifle, all units have 2 weapons and a throwable weapon, usually their second weapon (pistol in this case) is infinite. so when i put the clone trooper rifle in secondary slot it made it infinite. if u want the sniper rifle to be infinite, i can put that in the secondary slot, and it too will be infinite, or if u dont mind the sniper rifle being finite, i can put it in the primary position and keep the clone trooper rifle in secondary position, this way u have both weapons, only one can be infinite, but u can still go to gonks and get ammo if u need it. and usually on levels that require snipering, theres gonks nearby. if you want me to do this i can make this file and post it, just tell me and ill do it.

jet trooper away

even vader has his angry mobs

Originally posted by sb_gat

Did anyone try to give any CIS unit the droideka repeater? My attempts have crashed the game. Is it possible or no?

Can't say I've tried this, although I did manage to give the repeater to the Geonosians. Native factions do seem to accept certain weapon changes more readily, though.

subs0nic, now I have tested your method. It does work (the allied faction spawns with the weapons specified). Wookies and other allied teams can use repeaters and any weapon you like.

I also have used them in my team, works perfectly. What's the trick? Why can't I give a weapon [x] to a member of the same faction?

macdaddy

Strange, did you save the file after changing the jetpack properties?

Visceral

It's simple. Even a gigabyte free space would be enough. Just hold "P" while playing :D

Then open VirtualDub (the free linear videomontage utility) and load the image sequence. Compress it with any codec (preferably Cinepak for bitmap-video packing, then re-compress using DIVx 3/4/5).

Originally posted by lord_xander

hey u should combine this with a mod that i just made, it allows the jet trooper to have a clone trooper rifle instead of his commando pistol, and the ammo is infinite, if u like the idea, reply and ill post it on this site

Where is youre mod?? I want it :p

My jet trooper and my dark trooper both have infinite jetpack energy- well technically they just have such a high recharge rate that the energy recharages so fast you never have an issue with it going down.

The dark trooper cannot fly in this manner, but he can jump and jump an infinite number of times without having to wait for a recharge- it's quite nice to have.

The jet trooper can fly forever- which can be quite handy on levels where you can fall to your death... However, the problem is that you wind up hovering around a lot and you make a really easy target up there because your flight is relatively slow. If you can find a decent place to hover around where no one notices you for a while, though, you can do quite a little bit of damage before someone finally comes along and blasts you out of the air. I also made the recharge rate of the droideka shield faster to balance this, though- and lemme tell you the droideka has the better deal- can't hardly destroy those buggers unless you can catch them just before they put up their shield now.

Vigil

Archived