Home

skillpoint' s a *****

Electricall

(Of course I mean that I will not use this language in a family forum...)

What I'm saying is I've discovered a royal pain in the ***... And no, it's not a STD... I mean that no matter how high your int is, you don't gain any extra skill points. And I can't live with that. Why is it this way? I'm speaking Consular and every skill's a class skill, but despite getting my Int to 16 I still only get 2 points every level. As of now, I use the save game editor to give me the points that are rightfully mine. Is this just a huge, gaping error that nobody else cares about, or what? Btw, never call germans Tim.

(I hope no one takes offense by my strange humor ;)... If you do, press "back" on your browser.)

:atat:

Originally posted by Prime

Hmm. I'm pretty sure a high INT gave me more skill points in my game.

It seems as though you won't get the extra skill point at level up unless your modifier is an interval of 4. I gave my soldier/guardian 12 INT, but he still only receives 1 skill point at level up :(

Originally posted by Electricall

Yes, weird indeed... And yes, I had 16 from the beginning. Or, rather, 15 but I dumped another point in there.

:atat:

oh you probly need more than one point to get a skill bonus.

like-- level 18= 3 skill/level, level 14= 4 skill/level

or something like that

• 2 weeks later...

The problem is that the standard d20 system skill pts does not match with the games. if you level up and take your int from 15 to 16 at 4th level your still only going to get the +2 from 15. Unfortunately these are hard coded elements some of which can be changed in the 2da files but thats better discussed at the holowan labs.

Archived