Home

Having sound problems on MAME (Arcade Emulator)...

Darth NeoVenom

Well I downloaded the new MAME so that I can play Mortal Kombat on it. The only problem is that the sound doesn't sync with the game. Instead I hear a delay in the sound and an echo. Anyone who played on MAME encounter this same problem? If so, how do I fix it. I tried searching for answers on the official site but my head hurts from too much searching. :lol:

sorry dude, I am a bit more familiar with epsxe. Did you do a test in your sound config ? is it just for that game ? Hopefully someone here might know, if not - take some paracetamol, wait til your head clears and seek your answer on some emu forums, theres PLENTY around.

what I can also suggest is checking out epsxe(execellent ps1 emulator) and track down 'mortal combat trilogy" Its the best of MK1, 2 and 3 all in one game :D

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Leper Messiah

*has a strange image of a locked thread*

it is the future you see.........[/yoda]

(i thought discussions on software of this nature was off limits)

I dont see whats the big deal...i used to emulate a few of my pc games on the laptop, some port over really nicely, and look better on non interlaced screens :D

mtfbwya

ROMS are only illegal if you download them without owning the actual game (this is only true for older console game systems)

if you don't own the actual game if you don't delete it within 24 hours you are technically breaking the law as you have officially gone over the "testing out" time.

<-- is going by the atari game system standards. It might be different for nintendo systems and sega systems.

From my experience and AFAIK, if you can get the ROMs from the right places with the disclaimers saying they got permission from the original owner, then it's not illegal. You could get ROMs from ROM burners and those aren't illegal. The only illegal thing about ROMs that I know of is if you distribute the emulator WITH ROMs (as in one downloadable package or CD/DVD).

I played a Dungeons and Dragons ROM before, it was pretty cool. I couldn't notice any sound lagging though. I got the ROM from what seemed like a reliable source with the disclaimers there and all.

Archived