Home

Choking!

lukeiamyourdad

^^^^

maybe it will in tsl, but in kotor 1, using force persuade didn't cost anything force points wise. ;)

and yes, i do think that force choke has a bit more persuasiveness to it than force persuade. although, it would still depend on the situation for the force persuade to be a darkside option or lightside. of course, force choke would have to be darkside...

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

If I recall, you can use Force Choke in only one dialogue on Tatooine in Kotor I. wouldn't it be cool if we got to use it more often when playing DS?

I sure hope it's used more than once this game. I felt so Vader-ish when that option popped up, a waste that it wasn't used more.

Originally posted by FiEND_138

I sure hope it's used more than once this game. I felt so Vader-ish when that option popped up, a waste that it wasn't used more.

It would definately have felt more Sith Lord-y if they had used that Force Choke option in KOTOR more than once. :D

yeah it would have been nice to use a bit of vader like dialogue aswell

[vader]

i am taking both kayt dragon pearls pray i do not alter the deal further

[vader]

or something to that effect or you could just :lightning and take what you want lol

What about climbing trees to rescue kittens for light side?? The extremes were both pretty corny. "I'll buy this skull from you and then give you the profit as well..." WTH?! "Let me go out of my way to find a cure for some mutant disease and a map to Nirvana only to see the planet destroyed two hours later..." Okay, I need to choke someone... I'll be on Tatooiene if anybody needs me...

Originally posted by UrchSr

"Let me go out of my way to find a cure for some mutant disease and a map to Nirvana only to see the planet destroyed two hours later..."

Oh yeah. I didn't even think about the fact that I ran around looking for those stupid journals and helped those morons only to have the planet...:mad:

It doesn't really relate to choking but it impacts conversation options.....

More designer rambling:

Awareness (or "[Awareness]" as it is now sometimes called) is a little different than in the first game - now it also acts like Sense Motive in conversations, allowing you to pick up on what someone is feeling or why someone is acting the way they do. At points throughout the game, you may get [Awareness] options pop up in dialogue, just like you would for Persuade.

Other skills may cause additional conversation options as do statistics, so you may see things like: [intelligence], [Wisdom], [Repair], [Demolitions], etc, etc.

-Chris Avellone

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=25257

Sounds hell-a cool to me!

Archived