Home

Expanding the Metroid universe

Lynk Former

• 2 weeks later...

I have a GC..... mainly to play the Rogue Squadron games and the Final Fantasy game.... needless to say, I dont play it much nowdays :(

however, everyone now and then, some fool carries on about metroid.......so I borrow it from a friends and check it out....

Lynk, maybve you can write an equally impressive and redundant explanation as to whats the big f*kn deal with metroid....I'd like to know. I didnt have any similar sexual type experiences playing it, I remember having more fun playing "duckshoot" on NES...

:p

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Lynk Former

I like Prime's controls the way they are, to change it would mean changing the whole game dynamics which means the boss fights would have to be changed drastically and the environment would have to suit the look/move type controls that FPS games are known for.

No, I mean, I've been playing a lot of XBox FPS lately and the controls are a little different, so I wish you could change what you want. :)

Originally posted by Lynk Former

XD And I'm saying the reason you can't is because the game dynamics rely on the controls that are set for it.

I guess, it would actually make it harder because you would have to set a good combo of controls in order to do certain tasks. :)

A lot of the bosses exploit the controls you have, picking at its limitations. IMO that makes the game a lot better because the bosses are actually wise to your moves.

Of course a lot of people complain about that and want to make the game easier to control so overall it's easier. Problem with that is if it becomes that easy they'll start complaining about how easy it was to finish.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by ZBomber

I think it had like bees that shot at me or something.

Ah started playing the original, and pas thtat for some point. Its strange in the beginning but i'm liking it the more I play it.

I'm waiting for the new Legend of Zelda game on the GameCube

yeah when I saw that movie some months ago I thought it was going to be released in sep. I can't wait, zeldda owns. Wind waker one of the best games I played

Right now I'm on a mission to find Majora's Mask and get my old N64 back. XD Majora's Mask was so underrated. The game really did deserve much more praise than it got just cause it didn't have a large part where you could play as adult Link like in Ocarina of Time. So much character depth was in that game where everyone had a place in the story and everyone mattered in their own way.

I bought The Wind Waker went it first came out down here but after awhile I sold it (minus the Ocarina of Time / Master Quest bonus lol) but now it's time to get another copy of it cause I really didn't give that game much of a chance.

I did finish it though when I did have it XD Unfortinately I didn't finish 100% of what the game had to offer.

(note: I didn't complete Wind Waker 100%, I HAVE completed Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask 100%)

I bought Wind Waker yesterday and I am continuing my hunt for Majora's Mask. Actually I hunting for that Limited Edition GCN Zelda disk on ebay lol. It has Majora's Mask on it and it'll end up to be a hellova lot cheaper cause I won't have to buy an N64 or hunt for an expansion pak.

And yeah, Oni Link rocks XD

Archived