Home

Can you change reinforcment numbers

shadyshaun

Can you change reinforcment numbers, I know if you had somthing like 700 guy on the map it would slow down game play but what if you make a mod that make sure there can only be 250 guys on a map at one time but the reinforcment number is somthing like 800 that way battles would last a lot longer but shouldnt affect gameplay.

Originally posted by Majin Revan

Umm, it is as simple as that, LOL!! I am having 1000 troops spawn for each side in my new map. It works too!! No lag either!!

And, you can set numbers of troops spawning at once (mine is at thirty, default is 16).

:fett:

may i ask what editing tools you used to accomplish this ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Please someone help me out here, i love this game but hate it when you start playing Geonosis then bam..10 mins later its over, i wanna play it for 1/2 hour or maybe more. But the problem is i have no experience with modding, i cant make head nor tail of the SDK, I looked on the Lucasarts forum but that was as confusing as the itself

• 8 months later...

Now can you do this with maps already out? without the LUA? or anything

ok I opened up hexedit and looked up setreinforcement etc all i see is this.

.....SetReinforcements..... There is nothing in there saying how much reinforcements are, so im confused. Like everyone else i want my battles to be longer :) Now is there a way of maybe unextracting the mission.lvl file into the lua etc?

• 2 weeks later...

you cant open up already completed levels....i think. but to get more then the default troops on a map, you have to make a map from the ground up. DL the unsupported mod tools to make the maps. get a good tut, and map away! you will find the mission lua inside the BF folder after you DL and unzip the mod tools.

GL for the future

dan

Archived