Home

Can anyone make this... ?

Light Revan

An imperial stardestroyer (vehicle)?

Many told me it can't enter a battlefield cuz it isn't made for entering the atmosphere (though how did they take off in Episode 2 at the end? LOL) but it actually would be AWESOME if you could use it as a mobile spawnpoint - attack vehicle like the AT-AT's (with their health & Laser Cannons it would be a great anti-aircraft weapon that can stand a LOT of anti-air fire).

'Maybe something for your deathstar Map, Eddie?' :rolleyes:

I think if someone could make a model of it for use as a base spawn point would be dope, the clone wars version as well as the classic trilogy version. It would be kind of like the aircraft carrier in BF 1942, with areas that spawn aircraft and sea vehicles ie. skiffs and speeder bikes. I would imagine it would be at a very low altitude or even on the ground as having it in the air would defeat the purpose of having it be a beginning spawn point for troops. It would be cool also if it came with some mounted laser cannons that shoot more powerful blasts like the aircraft carrier, but would be somewhat harder to aim. Anyone else agree? I think it would be a pretty tall order, though as it's size and number of polygons, but who knows?

No with spawnpoint I meant spawning directly under the location it flies, on the ground. Like the AT-AT's they are tall too, but you just spawn directly beneath them (I guess if you would be dropped to the ground, you'll die too from the impact :D).

And to fly it you'll just be needing 1 pilot to fly and about 6 others or so to man the different blaster cannons.

LOL, I am exaggerating, but anyway it would take a lot of time for getting things like that to work I think. But it is (I think) a good idea for adding more fun to the already splendid game.

I'm no modder so I can only give the ideas.

I only hope that someone will try to make it. ;)

We are currently looking at modding the Imperial Lander to have a working gun, and be able to carry troops. If that works, the Star Destroyer coiuld be possible, especially as a SD model already exists in the game - it would just need the right .odf file to give it the required properties.

Originally posted by Majin Revan

LOL, the Skeleton Crew is atleast 100-something, LOL!!

:fett:

From the specdesc.txt of Xwing vs Tie Fighter:

Victory Class Star Destroyer (VSD)

Kuat Drive Yards

Empire

Heavy starship. Originally designed during the Clone Wars, these heavily armed capital ships each carry two TIE Fighter squadrons.

4,798, gunners: 402, troops: 2,040

Imperial Class Star Destroyer (ISD)

Kuat Drive Yards

Empire

Heavy starship. Intended to replace the Victory class, it is almost twice as big with more than double the combat power. It carries six squadrons of TIE starfighters.

37,085, gunners: 275, troops: 9,700

37.000 ... LOL :D

Hothewer creating a pilotable (I?)SD is a nice idea :)

lol, no I like the attack-vehicle idea more than just a moving spawnpoint. Consider it a flying AT-AT build to resist anti air and for finishing X- and Y-wings. Maybe next will be for the rebels the Home One Rebel Starcruiser for countering.

SWEEEEET, air battle, space map, .... Looooool :deathii::bounce1::vsd::x-wing:

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden

I think if someone could make a model of it for use as a base spawn point would be dope, the clone wars version as well as the classic trilogy version. It would be kind of like the aircraft carrier in BF 1942, with areas that spawn aircraft and sea vehicles ie. skiffs and speeder bikes. I would imagine it would be at a very low altitude or even on the ground as having it in the air would defeat the purpose of having it be a beginning spawn point for troops. It would be cool also if it came with some mounted laser cannons that shoot more powerful blasts like the aircraft carrier, but would be somewhat harder to aim. Anyone else agree? I think it would be a pretty tall order, though as it's size and number of polygons, but who knows?

Thanks to your smart ideaaa I got my friend to make me the model (took him about 3 days, I was quite impressed). I've already started working on placing it into the hoth level replacing one of the :atat:. It's about 3 times as wide at the :atat: and about twice as long. So far I'm setting it up as one pilot, 12 gunners, and 20 slots for passenger who jump down like in the Clone's Transport ship. It's stupidly hard doin' all this ****, but it's coming, please don't ask when it's coming out or PM or anything. This baby is going to take a while, I'd say minimum 3-4 weeks. I only get about an hour a day to work on it, with all the WoW I play. :p

3 Things

First: Nice starter model, not exactly a imperial one, but definitely a good start.

Second: Will it only work for the Republic? I cant choose a spawnpoint for the imps or the rebels when trying the map in GCW, so i dont know if they will appear with the imps.

And third: I hope that we will soon be able to test the vehicle (when you can enter it).

Keep up the good work :comp9::wid::thmbup1:

Well, update time.

First of all I'd like to say that things are going well, I'm havin' some trouble but I'd say I'm about 40% done, I know this is taking a while, but YOU try making it Mr. Speedypants.

Second, I'll do a screenshot soon enough.

Third, I'm able to enter the vehicle but using other spots and shooting is screwing up, game crashes occasionally while using it.

Fourth and final, the beta subject. It's still in Alpha form (under construction) but I'll put out a beta when I get it semi-working.

Well, toodles from your friendly neighbourhood hizzlemafizzle.

Well I'm glad you're trying to make it work.

It's not that I'm in a rush to get it, I like better if it's working properly, so take your time to get it right ;).

It was just for being sure that someone would try (and I was a bit overreacting :rolleyes:).

But anyway, it's just something that HAS to be in such a fabulous game :D. (I'm a bit of a Starwars fan, if you didn't notice already ;))

Well keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to your releases, thanks again hizzlemafizzle .:thumbsup::guiness:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Making Space Battles in Battlefront

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have battlefront and i really want to make some good space battles, better than even battlefront 2

was thinking about making capital ships destroyable from the outside and inside and putting those large guns all over them and maybe even sheild generators for the bridge

and making it so capital ships could destroy one another

also want to make battle over yavin, endor, naboo, courasent

if you would like to help make these battles and other space battles email me or post more ideas and comments in this forum

Archived