Home

Revan Or The Exile? Who's Stronger In The Force?

kookaburra

Originally posted by Malkavier

What people seem to be mistaken about, is when they imply that the Exile left the Force willingly. He did not. He was found guilty by the Jedi Council of crimes against the Jedi and the Republic, and he was severed from the Force and exiled (hence the name Exile) as punishment for those crimes. At least in the PC version.

I think that is incorrect:

At the beginning of the game, selecting determined conversation options with Kreia; she wonders if your sudden loss of the Force, was caused by the Jedi (as the Sith Lords did to her, we learn later); but this is only manipulative speech, you really "deafened" yourself, to the Force, that's why you're unique, you "quit" the Force, and still lived, as Kreia and the masters say...

The Exile

loses the Force IN Malachor V, not later on Coruscant in that Council reunion...

P.D.:Have any of you checked the "missing" ending of K2???

It's REALLY a pain to had not having it in the final edition fo the game, I love it....

Missing ending

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What people seem to be mistaken about, is when they imply that the Exile left the Force willingly. He did not. He was found guilty by the Jedi Council of crimes against the Jedi and the Republic, and he was severed from the Force and exiled (hence the name Exile) as punishment for those crimes. At least in the PC version.

BAM! Wrong.

The Exile willingly left the Force, mayhaps not conciously, but subconciously, at least. The Jedi Masters themselves tell you (if you don't outright kill them) that they themselves didn't tear you from the force. By the time you reached the council, they sensed that you had already been severed from the force. That's what they meant in the "extended version" of your trial. You simply thought they did, because you never noticed your loss until after being Exiled. The only punishment they could possibly lay upon you is exile, which ended up being a gift more than a curse.

First of all, there's no way Revan would fall so easily to the Exile as he did in the test of the tomb. Let's be realistic, you don't even drop his life all the way. That was a vision conjured by the power of the tomb, not Revan himself. Now, to say that the exile is stronger by way of his ability to absorb force or manipulate others is really not true. Most of the people you manipulate in your party have been in close contact with the exile, and the bonds he makes, he makes unconciously. The same is true of the exile's ability to drain the force from others. It isn't something the exile can control, but something that he is. A remnant of the battle at Malachor. It was in truth a wound in the force, but I think the Jedi were wrong when they said he was still cut off, that he was only ciphering the power from others. When they tried to sense his power, they were always on a world touched by war, and that meant that to truly sense him, they had to do something beyond their ability. They had to reach through the chaos left by two planets where sensing the force was difficult if not impossible. After all, it's very difficult to hear a whisper through one scream, let alone two. Also, the fight with Nihlous, has anyone noticed that he tried to feed from the exile and failed? In truth, the effort weakened him tremendously. That is why I believe Kreia didn't want to destroy the force, she wanted to precent it. Nihlous would eventually have destroyed all life in the galaxy with his hunger, and only the exile could survive such an attack. The destruction of Malachor V shielded him from the attack, for all that Nihlous could feel or reach, was the pain and death that occured there. Next, Revan, a brilliant tactitian and strategist, he also possessed battle precognition in the most extreme sense. As the handmaiden said, he was able to predict the course of entire wars, not just of individual fights or even battles. He even beat the Echani that way, and from all I've seen and heard of them, that cannot be an easy task. Individually, he was an expert in hand to hand combat, and had a connection to the force is incredibly strong. Even the Jedi masters feared him, for he was stronger than they were, even as a knight. So, in the end, it would depend on the situation if they fought. With armies, I think the Exile, but Revan's skill would make it a fight to watch from a great distance...say the coreworlds if the battle was in the Rim. Individual combat would probably go to Revan. The exile cannot simply drain the force from another. He needs some kind of connection first. Otherwise, he would be even more dangerous than Nihlous had been. I think Revan would win the battle. With a small group of picked fighters though, the Exile wins. His deep connections with those close to him gives him a control and direction that Revan cannot hope to match. That is why the Exile was so effective as a leader on a smaller scale, while Revan's abilities are best focussed on a broader area.

I envy you people who can write all that at once. I can't sit still to do that, but I agree with everything you say about Revan and the Exile. Good job Rhodri. BTW, another thing to take notice of is that the Exile was Revan's subordinate, and didn't follow him down the dark side path after Malachor, like Revan and Malak did, but wandered around in a neutral form, like Jolee, so Revan would be stronger in past and future positions.

Right Im going to play the mediator here so anyway most of you base your opinions on states and facts on the true story. I like Bobas view of ying and yang. Alot of peopleseem to miss ther fact kotor2 is made by a different company and would want to make their character stronger in anyway. 4000 years in the future and with hindsight you would have to say Revan is stronger or something otherwise the force would of failed.

2nd thing: You can not actually become stronger in the force, it is how great your connection to the force is, your ability to manipulate it to the means neccasary.

3rd thing: The people that use Kreia words the sole of basde of their arguement I pity you. Firstly relate to my previous fact that the game is made by a different producer. 2nd: It is revealed that Kreia manipulates you the whole way, telling you you are the strongest she has trained is an ego booster and will make you easier to manipulate. In the final battle she tells you you are the strongest she has trained as an act of self preservation, you either showing mercy or you getting big headed and making a mistake.

Now I really like this arguement so Im gonna kick it up again. LOL Revan is my input from the hindsight of 4000 years. Revan based on the fact that the whole arguement is wrong, seeing as the arguement should be who would win in a fight no strong in the force for the exile does not have a connection to the force and sives it off others.

Who would win in a fight well I would wait and see in wisdom, I would wait and see on Revan for I know the Exle inside out and Revan is the unknown quantity. I would need to know what had happened when Revan's memory had returned and if his trip in the sith empire had taught him something and only knowing these would I be able to tell so I am going to have to say Ill wait untill the third game to make a definate answer but my gut instinct Revan based on how he fights.

Nuitari

PS I pity the fools who said something about the Exile being a 'true leader' and he is more legendary than Revan in he mandolorian wars, when Mandalore talks about it he always holds Revan in esteem and as an afterthought mentions you even Sion when Revan was d/s respects Revan. Revan underestimating everyone, no-one remains at the top of their game by underesitmating people have you ever heard what Kreia says what Revans strength was. I think you need to play both games again with an open mind and spend your influence a bit hell even atton revers Revan.

Wait, there are actually people who think that the Exile was more of a great leader than Revan? I pity the fools as well. But I still stand by my theory of possible KOTOR3 thing. After all,

you see Revan all evil and stuff, as well as you in the corner, all evil and stuff. Of course, I suppose that that means that you are probably Revan's apprentice in that sort of scene...

Now that I think about it, Revan wins. Maybe not easily, but he does have a few points above the Exile.

I Think

This what i think will happen KOTOR3, okay revan is all evil and you fight him in the first planet, but at the end he asks you to join the darkside, and if you do you help him take over the galaxy, but if you serve the light you try to prevent him from taking the galaxy

Originally posted by Darth_Krow

I Think

This what i think will happen KOTOR3, okay revan is all evil and you fight him in the first planet, but at the end he asks you to join the darkside, and if you do you help him take over the galaxy, but if you serve the light you try to prevent him from taking the galaxy

Yep, but I would go farther:

I think that K3, no matter how many "beginnings" it may have, it only can have one ending. "the canon" one,

And that agreeds too with my belief of Revan and Exile as a Ying and a Yang... everything must balance itslef at the end.

So in the end, no matter who is stronger, the other will be equal so it can "neutralize" you. Or viceversa...

I think...

well i belive that the Revan .vs. The Exile matter will not end even in k3 because the end will be optional too.

for K3 expectations i wish we aill not have a 3rd character and that the player will have to choose between The Exile and Revan and thier allience (dark/light) from the beginning of the game....

if you choose to be The Exile you will begin your game at the ebon hawk and your task is to find Revan and through the game you will be prisoned by a mysterious soldiers(the real Sith maybe) and you will be moved to take charge of a team the republic has sent to find you and Revan....off course there will be Bastila, Visass and other characters from K1&K2 and a new characters maybe and at the end of the game you will fight Revan who will be at the opposit side that you choose.

if you choose to be Revan you will start at an unkown planet and you will be haunted by the sith sent by the dark lord of the sith him self (Darth Tranqiuos) for example and you will meet the Exile trough the game and like i said above you will fight The Exile who will be the opposit side of you.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually Revan was not as great a leader as you might think. He was only a military strategist, but he wasn't a particularly charismatic person.

Before you start flaming this, know that Revan used the Power on Malachor V to sway Jedi to his point of view. His natural aptitudes for persuasion were never seen, and we do not know if he was really a charismatic kind of person. What we do know is that he was very intelligent and a brilliant military strategist, but the exile is probably a better leader in a personal aspect. The exile may use the force to affect people and everything but Revan never had that ability at all, he merely used the power of Malachor V's core and the Sith teachings because he knew otherwise he would never be able to amass such a great amount of Jedi required for the Mandalorian Wars.

This kind of persuasive power was also shown by Exar Kun and as Jolee said the Jedi could not believe how utterly successful he and Revan were. This is due more to the power of the dark side than their natural assets. The exile could always lead whilst Revan needed the dark side boost like many before him. Still I think that they are a match because logically in the end they must kill each other for the whole balance thing to work out.

Archived