Home

Unlimited troops Yes/No

Nokill

I imagine if they did the "unlimited troops" it'd be done in a star craft manner, you can't have a ton of them out fighting but you can produce more fighters over time after gaining more resources and losing people. Only a limited amount on screen (or on a sector) at a time. When one squadron dies you can ship in (manifest) a new one, after gaining enough resources.

Originally posted by pbguy1211

you DO realize the memory aspects that would be needed to run a game like this with UNLIMITED units???

like the more recent 3D games, units that are stronger will more likely take up more population space.

Yeah exactly not too mention the lag even in SP.

So no. Maybe only about 750. Or like IS said. With the Starcraft thing.

Originally posted by FroZticles

Well we never saw 1,000 Imperial forces fighting at once. The only time we saw the army fighting in full force was in AotC. Like Hoth was a few AT-AT and AT-ST with some ground troops.

You know why that happened? It was sort of... uhhh... impossible to make epic-scale battles in movies back then...

This is NOT C&C, not in the traditional sense.

As I've said before, the way it's presented so far it reminds me more of Imperium Galactica games rather than C&C-series or the Dune-series.

Your force building will be out of combat mode, then you have to bring those combat units to the battlefield, be it ships to blockade a planet or defeat an enemy fleet, or ground units to destroy a certain building or to completelly take over a planet, which again is totally up to you to decide which planet to conqour or enemy fleet to defeat.

This means there will be "down-times" where you do not do combat, not like with Dune where you chose which area of Arakis you wanted to attack and then initiated combat immediatly.

Think a more advanced Rebellion. Wether it will feature 200 planets I don't know, but we can hope. :)

Anyway, this can eventually amount to a very large number of units (uncontrollable amount if it's just let loose), so it would be needed to be controlled somehow.

Archived