Home

after the game ends

guybroom

"I'll keep this simple," Jack said quietly. He attempted to slip past the guard, who had no idea what to do with him and allowed him to pass. When inside, Jack stopped the first person he saw and said, "I'm here to see Tara."

"That way," the man answered, barely glancing at Jack and hurrying on his way. Jack thanked him and rushed off in that direction.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Troezen didnt mean for Jack to do quite that, but it worked. He ran past the guard like Jack, he shouted behind him "i'm with him!"

The guard suddenly ran in behind them. "Hey! stop!" he fired and just missed Troezen's arm.

Troezen followed Jack down the hall and shouted behind him, "just ask Trent, he'll explain."

The guard stopped following to radio Trent.

------------------

Adam sat there. He was about to talk, but a voice came through on Trent's radio. "Trent, there are two men running around the station saying they're with you. One of them calls himself Jack Robeson, and they say they are after Tara. Should I follow?"

"Hey, looks like you're friends cant keep out of trouble. Perhaps we arent as different as you'd like to think. How many people have you guys killed?" He smirked.

"You will not speak until spoken to" Trent said then picked up his radio.

"Negative, they're with me, they have permission to wander the HQ." Trent gave an evil glare at Adam. "Absolutley not, those injuries are real, meaning that real things in the real world can help them, they do not need a programmer, they need a doctor. Now here are some of your crimes, the others will be listed: Murder, disobeying a Police Officer....y'know what? screw it, i hate you, you hate me, lets just go to jail, but not me, just you, an armoured car and a dozen SWAT members." with that Trent got up and left the room.

"Lock him up cuz"

"Agreed." Trent walked off to where everyone else was, off to see Tara.

Jack rushed into the room that Tara had been taken into and saw her on the table.

"Oh, Tara," he murmured. "What have I done?"

He spun on his heel and yelled out the door. "She's been shot several times! What are you doing for her?"

"Sir," a man inside the room said. "I'm a doctor. Relax."

"Jack?" Tara murmured. Her eyes fluttered open. "Please tell me I'm not dreaming."

"It's no dream, Tara," Jack whispered. He kissed her forehead. "I'm here." The doctor pushed him away.

"Sorry, sir," he said. "You can see her again when I'm done, but I have to get to work immediately."

"It's ok, Jack," Tara interrupted. "I'll be fine."

Jack stopped talking and nodded. "You better be." With that, he turned and walked out, shutting the door quietly behind him and leaning up against it.

Trent walked up to the room and looked at Jack in the eyes. He could tell he was worried to death, without saying anything to jack Trent opened the door, went in and gave the doctor the second vial of blue liquid Xavier gave him.

"I trust you know what this is?"

"Yes I do, I-"

"Shh, just use it" Trent turned around and left the room. He looked at Jack. "she'll be fine Jack, and with everything we've been through, we all need some rest, you especially. You've done so much for the team, i'll make sure the government rewards you in some way" Trent turned to leave but then said "i'm real proud of you Jack, get some sleep." Trent went to his office.

Troezen just stood by the doorway of the room. He leant against the wall. "So now that she's safe and I'm assuming well, what's next?"

-----------------

Adam looked at the two guards. "Can i have a look at your gun?"

"you really think we're stupid?"

"You work for Trent - you must be stupid."

Adam then stood up and sat on the table. He noticed that the guard's guns moved very quickly.

"I suppose that if i asked to leave you wouldnt let me?"

"nope."

He slowly walked towards the two police who had been talking to him. He put his handcuffs around one of their neck, very quickly so that the guards didnt have a chance to shoot or aim to shoot so they did not hit the policeman.

Adam moved to the corner of the room and used him as a shield to the guns. He wondered how he would get out of the room now. He hadnt quite thought it all through and there were obviously cameras and more guards would be on their way.

((I know you're going to say that the guy should have fought back or something - but shut up!))

((:p nah thats good))

All of a sudden Trent woke up to the alarm. He got up and bolted down to the interrogation room. He had a feeling it was Adam. He pulled out his gun, loaded it and went inside to see Adam holding an Officer hostage.

"don't do it Adam, you don't want to go like this man, this isn't helping you at all."

Jack was startled into consciousness by the alarm and sat up. "Adam..." He left the thought at that and went to the room that he'd found Tara in and stood outside the door. "Come if you dare." A shotgun was in his hands (not sure where he picked it up :D ) and he waited.

More agents and guards came to the door.

"Don't do this, there is no way out, you can try and kill him and me, and you may suceed, but there are over a dozen highly trained agents out there, you'll be gunned down before you know it. Just drop the gun and step away from it and no one will have to die." Trent said calmly

He had no way out. All his plans to escape were failing. He quickly let go of the man and ran to the door. He pushed Trent out of the way and started running down the hallway.

Troezen heard the alarm and knew something was wrong with Adam. He followed the crowd just in time to see Adam run down the hall towards him. Before Troezen had time to think, shots were being fired. As Adam ran past him, he was shot in the back and collapsed.

((dont get any ideas - he's still alive!))

"Why do you want him alive?" Jack demanded. "He's tried to kill all of us more than once and it's his fault Tara got shot. If you won't kill him or leave him to die, at least send him off to a maximum security prison... I'm sure he deserves it."

((By the way... how long do you figure it will be before Tara's up and around again?))

"I must have missed something," Tara said weakly from the door. Jack immediately went to her.

"Do you care?" he asked gently. "I thought he made your life miserable."

"He did, but that doesn't mean I don't care what happens to him," Tara answered, her voice growing stronger. "He's not dead... is he?"

"No," Jack answered, suddenly understanding her opinion a little better. "He should be fine."

"Good," she said softly. Then, she glared at Adam where he lay with CIA officers surrounding him. "I want him to live..." she whispered in Jack's ear and he laughed.

"You do have a mean streak," he chuckled.

Trent turned away from the guards taking Adam away.

"Well Tara, you're our star agent. Inflitrated and captured the main bad guy. Impressive." Trent went to turn away then turned back and smiled.

"Talk to the woman at the front desk, you got your lives back" with that Trent left to go check in with his section head.

Troezen started thinking. "Tara, Jack, if we keep him alive and then we find out all the failsafes, viruses or whatever in the system, could we then use the main structure of the game for whatever you wanted it for originally, without having to make it again?"

Adam suddenly started to wake up again. He was still lying on the ground where he had been shot. There were several guns pointed at him and some medics checking him over before they moved him.

He felt almost too weak to move, but he knew he had to. He had to restart the system. His major plan had to be finished. He started to stand up but then collapsed. He heard all the guns suddenly move to get a better shot at him. He had no escape.

Jack thanked Trent while Tara turned to Troezen. "Jack always kept a backup copy of the game on his computer. Now that we know what it's capable of becoming, we'll add in extra security to make sure it doesn't happen again."

Still leaning on Jack, she turned and they walked out together.

((Sounds as if it's about time for a third thread... I'd like to start it, if you don't mind...))

((sounds good, but lets end this up first))

Trent walked into his cousin's office.

"You and your team did good."

"Thank you sir."

"Of course, it was mainly Tara, but hey if it wasn't for you, they would probably all be dead."

"True enough."

"So what are you going to do now?"

"A little vaction time would be nice."

"How does two weeks sound?"

"Pretty damn good."

"See you in two weeks then."

"See ya later cuz"

"Yep." Trent walked out and to where Adam was being held and treated.

"leave me with him please."

"yes sir." the gaurds and doctor left.

"This was my last job Adam, yeah, your probably suprised, because i only look about late 20s. Well you'd be close, i'm 32. Ive seen to much death, violence and blood. Yet i ask you something, something you'll most likely be suprised at. In two weeks i'll be done my vaction, when i get back i'm retiring. The day after i retire, well you'll be my new partener." with that Trent left the room and told the guards and doctor to go back in.

((gotta throw in a twist, keep a good thread going))

((my part in this one's done... everybody let me know when they're finished... the new thread will take place about a year after this one... at least, that's what I figure, but I'll explain more when I start it... so everybody let me know when they're done with their part))

Archived