Home

Korriban's "mad droïd" in your party ...

Leviathan

What SW : KotOR I's version do you use ?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What SW : KotOR I's version do you use ?

• English version
    • French version
    • German version
    • Italian version
    • Spanish version

Hi !

I would like to place the mad droïd of Korriban (The Mark VII droïd hidden in the Marko Ragnos' tomb) in my party, by replacing HK-47 with him. I've read some tutorials about this, like How to recruit an npc in less than 10 steps from Darth333, and I ask you if this tutorial is adapted to my request. It is perhaps a stupid question, but I want to be sure of myself ...

I've also an other question : The Korriban's mad droïd has a particular voice, and I would want to know how I can "copy" this stamp of voice to "apply" it to HK-47's sounds. In this way, I would be sure to be accompanied by a "real" Mark VII droïd.

I specify that I installed GoldWave.

:) I thank you in advance for your help ! ;)

Originally posted by Galakmech

Hi !

I would like to place the mad droïd of Korriban (The Mark VII droïd hidden in the Marko Ragnos' tomb) in my party, by replacing HK-47 with him. I've read some tutorials about this, like How to recruit an npc in less than 10 steps from Darth333, and I ask you if this tutorial is adapted to my request. It is perhaps a stupid question, but I want to be sure of myself ...

This is exaclty what the tutorial is for.

I've also an other question : The Korriban's mad droïd has a particular voice, and I would want to know how I can "copy" this stamp of voice to "apply" it to HK-47's sounds. In this way, I would be sure to be accompanied by a "real" Mark VII droïd.

I specify that I installed GoldWave.

In the .utc file, change the reference in the Sound Set field.

If you are using Kotor tool, then simply go to the Advanced tab and select HK47 in the drop down menu. With a GFF editor, go to the field called "Soundsetfile" and change the number to the row number corresponding to HK47 in Soundset.2da (in other words, type 78 in that field).

This will change all the sounds that are made during attacks, when your npc is wounded, etc. If you want to re-used hk-47's entire dialogue and sound, then simply type: k_hhkd_dialog in the conversation field and your droid will say hk-47's dialogue.

If you want your droid to actually speak his new lines with hk-47's voice, either you find the voice actor :rolleyes: or you re-use existing sound files. This will certainly require you to adjust your text to fit what you can find in Hk-47's sound files. You can manipulate the existing sound files and make new sentences by changing the speed, cuttting and pasting and playing with pitch and volume but that requires a lot of work and will require to listen many times to hk-47's line to find the best intonations, etc.

Originally posted by Galakmech

;) Thanks a lot ! I'm going to try these modifications (Speed, volume, etc ...) and I hope that will work !

..Did you take what Darth333 said seriously?

..Anyway! The poll why is this thread a poll?

And why is the question What is the best kotor version??

..But the mad droid recruiting mod sounds good!:D

..Did you take what Darth333 said seriously?

Yes, this is serious ... I've not other way to do what I want ...

..Anyway! The poll why is this thread a poll?

And why is the question What is the best kotor version??

I've asked this question for one of my others threads, which you can view here.

Galakmech/Leviathan, please keep one topic/thread. Having a poll that asks something completely different from the thread is distracting, though it may seem effecient. (This has happened in the past and wasn't well-received by others then either.)

Archived