Home

Bao-Dur Robes

ArmyAJ

Originally posted by Vistaer

Yea, it stinks. I was hoping to get him looking like Darth Maul with the big robes and maybe someone retexturing him to have his tatoos be more extensive, heh.

That would be an appearance.2da edit and just give Bao-Dur the same body models as either a PC or NPC. You might have to give him custom edited textures for skin tone matching. Then all you will need is the appropriate items and skins. A little work but it could be done... Hmm! :D

If you think about it Kreia can wear robes and she keeps her original appearance. You could always have the robes modded so he can wear them just his appearance doesn't change.

Mandalore is much the same way. Oh and believe me he is ripe for a make him a jedi mod again like he was in KOTOR 1.

*edit* thanks mav forgot about that

I just thought of something that you could do, it involves comprehensive knowledge of how to manipulate the appearence.2da file and heads.2da files though. What you could do is either "attach" his head to another body model say a Sith Marauder (in a cloak of course) to give you that Darth Maul look, but that will not replace his body model with a different one you would just be creating a "new character" that you could use in a recruit mod or spawn him to battle etc. etc. you get the idea. Or option number two would be to adjust the row that belongs to Bao-Dur and change his bodey model to that of someone else, anybody really and that would change Bao-Durs whole look, BUT I'm not sure if he could equip a robe because the game puts the restrictions on the item, so you would probably have to create a robe for him without restrictions on him using it.

Hope that helps that is if anyone can understand my rant :D

Mav

Well....

If you think this is sloppy, I had a cutscene where, although I trained Mira?? either Mira or Atton to a Jedi, I trained both of them, but anyway I had a scene where one of them said "I'm no Jedi".... ummm okay you are holding a lightsaber, have force powers, and were trained to be a Jedi, but apparently you aren't a Jedi well okay that makes perfect sense. Oh and I was being sarcastic :D

Originally posted by maverick187

Well....

If you think this is sloppy, I had a cutscene where, although I trained Mira?? either Mira or Atton to a Jedi, I trained both of them, but anyway I had a scene where one of them said "I'm no Jedi".... ummm okay you are holding a lightsaber, have force powers, and were trained to be a Jedi, but apparently you aren't a Jedi well okay that makes perfect sense. Oh and I was being sarcastic :D

They aren't Jedi. They've had their force powers "awoken" by the exile, and been given some basic instruction, but that doesn't make them real Jedi. They are Jedi as far as classes in the game goes, but thats it. Remember, Jedi undergo YEARS of training and discipline, usually starting at a very young age.

What about the Jal Shey Armor?

Could try and get him to wear that stuff.

I dont know much about modding so I dont know what you can and cant do, but if that one guy can make a Streetfighter chick outfit out of Bastila's robes, then anything is possible I'd say.

What I would like more though, is Heavy Armor for Bao-Dur that allows force powers. :)

Originally posted by ArmyAJ

yeah that too, need somethng good for him that allow force powers.

What about Ulic Qel-Droma's (sp?) Mesh Suit or Exar Kun's Armor? Seems kind of stupid to me that they block force powers anyway...would be a good addition to treat them as "robes" (I've noticed that the other "FP-able" armors block the Battle Precognition bonus...)

Originally posted by beel2112

What about Ulic Qel-Droma's (sp?) Mesh Suit or Exar Kun's Armor? Seems kind of stupid to me that they block force powers anyway...would be a good addition to treat them as "robes" (I've noticed that the other "FP-able" armors block the Battle Precognition bonus...)

I was thinking about making a mod that removes FP restrictions from armor that used to belong to Force users :rolleyes:

As for Drazin's comments: the Force-friendly armors have a "Cannot Use: Bao-Dur" restriction :(

Best bet (for now) is to hang on to the Miner Uniform from Peragus II and give it the sweetest upgrades that you can.

Originally posted by Achilles

I was thinking about making a mod that removes FP restrictions from armor that used to belong to Force users :rolleyes:

As for Drazin's comments: the Force-friendly armors have a "Cannot Use: Bao-Dur" restriction :(

If you do that you will have to make a new Baseitem for each modelvar that you want to not have the FP restriction. It would be a simple thing to make But potenticiallytime consumming.

Edit: btw has anyone made a comprehensive list of all the armors and robes resrefs and the actuall ingame name.

Originally posted by T7nowhere

Edit: btw has anyone made a comprehensive list of all the armors and robes resrefs and the actuall ingame name.

I stumbled upon this, though how complete it is will be discovered eventually I'm sure ;) hehe

The author stated it was taken from the templates.bif...

http://cheats.ign.com/ob2/068/608/608569.html?fromint=1

Originally posted by Achilles

Best bet (for now) is to hang on to the Miner Uniform from Peragus II and give it the sweetest upgrades that you can.

what about a darth maul mod, and changin some armor to the appeareance of mauls clothes and give bao dur some bad ass darkside transitions when u turn him into some mad evil ;):D

Originally posted by TLM

They aren't Jedi. They've had their force powers "awoken" by the exile, and been given some basic instruction, but that doesn't make them real Jedi. They are Jedi as far as classes in the game goes, but thats it. Remember, Jedi undergo YEARS of training and discipline, usually starting at a very young age.

well the disiple (i know i spelled it wrong) was a Jedi initiate but quit cause he wanted u as a master. so he has some bases. At the end of the game, you learn your party members were the last of the jedi. so basicly Mira, Atton and the others become the base of rebuilding the jedi order... that is, if you choose the lightside.

Archived