Home

Enslaved (Prologue thread.)

Hiroki

This is the prologue thread for “Enslaved”. You will make your characters here, and here, we will role play there lives just before there enslavement, basically telling how they got into the situation they were in, in the main storyline. Simple enough, right?

Character sheets should look something like this:

Name:

Race:

Height/weight:

Nature:

Demeanor:

Hair:

Eyes:

Skills:

You will also state what equipment you will be carrying for the prologue, though of course, this won’t be an issue after that, as they will all be taken from you upon enslavement. :p

I think that covers it then. I hope this shall be a fun and prosperous story.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This sounds interesting...

Name: Erin

Race: Celtic

Height/weight: 5 feet/ 115 pounds

Nature: aggressive

Demeanor: very calm, regardless of circumstance

Hair: black

Eyes: pale green

Skills: swordplay, firing a bow, running

Items: Erin carries a single handed sword, a bow, and a quiver of arrows in the way of weapons. As to other items, she wears a necklace given to her by her mother. It is made of silver and has ten emeralds set into it arranging evenly around her neck.

Background: Erin's mother died when she was seven years old. Because of this, she was raised much like her five brothers. She learned quickly of the weapons they loved to use and became very good at using them herself. Because of her rough upbringing, she is very strong and has at times outfought her brothers. Aside from her strength, she is also a very fast runner. This skill has kept her out of trouble, but has also plunged her deep into it.

When she was ten, Erin tamed a wolf. He follows her wherever she goes.

(The wolf can be killed when Erin is taken captive... he's not a major part of my character, though she will be angry when he is killed, if that's what you decide is to happen to him.)

Edited... how's it now?

(( Wow...this is 120 AD Wild. :p There are no reapiers...and Ami is a rather Oriental name, don't you think? Think more along the lines of Celtic names, Kenneth, Erin, Bridget. And by race, what...race is she? Is she a celt? A german? A Persian? ))

(( Good, and Demeanor...it means the face she puts on for most people. You do not have to put her Demeanor, if she doesn't hide her true self, but I put that option for those who wish to use it.

Alright! Since you didn't give a specific region that she grew up in, I'll assume you meant Briton, seeing as Gaul and most other Celtic strongholds had been taken by Rome.

The wolf may not have to die, but she couldn't bring a dangerous animal with her into slavery, she could let it go before she is captured, to save it if you wish, though it is doubtful it could kill a fully armed and armored Legionnaire.

From what I see of your profile, your character is suited to being captured in battle, though know she can't join the Auxilia or be a Gladiator. They do not allow such roles for women in Rome. Celtic people did allow there women to fight at times however, so you can be captured in a battle if you wish. ))

Name: Roy Byron

Race: English

Height/weight: 6'2, 220 lbs

Nature: Aggressive

Demeanor: Rough and Tough

Hair: light brown

Eyes: azure blue

Skills: Brute Strength, Patience, and no weapons combat

Items: always Wears hardend leather armour, and a daggar

Background: Grew up in "the bad part" of the town, hence he was a fighter from the day he could walk. Roy grew up to be the best fist fighter in his town, when he reached 17 he went onto bigger tournments and won them as well.

hope that's ok

Name: Arthur Dore

Race: English

Height: 5,10

Weight: 180 lbs

Nature: Chivelrious

Hair: Curly, yet kind of scruffy and long, black

Eyes: Brown

Skills: Sword play, archery, defense, courtisy, and kindness. ((I know, the last two aren't really skills, but...))

Items: Two handed sword,a short bow, red cape, iron chain mail ((If he gets far enough in the ranks of ROme, he'll get steel armor like the legionares armor.)), pants?, brown boots, and steel bracers.

Background: In anceint Europe, young boys from each family, were sent to serve rome. For years they served, untill they earned their freedom. He serves rome well. He wasn't really "captured" but instead, ordered to go to rome, and serve it for years, as a knight.

Originally posted by Hiroki

((The wolf may not have to die, but she couldn't bring a dangerous animal with her into slavery, she could let it go before she is captured, to save it if you wish, though it is doubtful it could kill a fully armed and armored Legionnaire.

((Maybe the wolf couldn't kill one of those guys, but he'd try and that's what would get him killed. Trust me, Erin will fight better if he's dead.))

((*Stalks into thread form airvent*

Sorry, followed WJ here. BTW, Mind if I use some of your background for my char? I really want him to have some kind of connection with another of the chars and I have a partial idea for yours.))

Name: Edward Pierce

Race: Celtic

Height/weight: 5'9/130

Nature: Agressive/protective

Demeanor: Charming

Hair:Black

Eyes: Hazel

Skills: Swordplay, animal handling, negotiating, stealth.

Items: Knife hidden in boot, wrist-band made by his mother, clothes, small stone the day he first met Erin and her brothers.

Background: Knew Erin as a kid, he was an enigma in the neighborhood since he never seemed to go to a house of his own except at night. Felt partially responsible for Erin's mother's death, and swore to protect her. He then admitted to her brothers that his own parents were dead, killed by bandits, and asked them for help. They trained him in swordplay, but one night he abruptly left, not to be seen again.

After that he became a thief himself, though he only robbed from those who could afford it and never killed anyone, he was caught by one man and blackmailed. Finally he grew into debt so much, the man to whom he owned the debt agreed to let him pay by becoming his slave. He died 2 year afterward and was sold by his son to (insert whatever owns every character now)

(( Well, if she wishes to be a Gladiator...hrm, okay, Rome did sanction female gladiators for a short time, so we'll say that is now. ^^ If Jokemaster wishes to have a relation to WJ's character, both must okay it. Is it fine with you WJ?

Luke Katarn, your sheet is fine, except there is no "English" at the time. There is Celtic Briton, and no, I didn't spell Britain wrong. And just a fair warning, punch a Legionnaire when you're in slavery, and you will be put down. :p

Okay, since Luke Katarn and WJ are both Celtic Britannian, lets say they were captured within the same battle. Sound good? ))

The wind blew harshly across the grassy plains of Britannia, it was a cold, summers eve, 121 AD. One of the few remaining free Britannian tribes had chosen to rise up against there Roman oppressors, and had launched an attack against a well defended outpost, hoping to score a major victory. The Roman army had exited the outpost that they had been station within, and formed up in there standard cohort-based formation. They waited for the Celtic tribe, who remained along the boarders of the woodland, overlooking the clear plains ahead.

Finally, they could see the approach of the Celtic Tribe. They were not in any particular formation, rather, they were scattered about, though still, in some semblance of a line. They had made there way out onto the field. The Warlord, the general of the Celtic tribe, stood at the head, a large man, with a thick red beard. He screamed fiercely at the Romans, the screams of those behind him following. He banged his sword against his shield, the swords of the other Celtic tribesmen behind him clattering and banging.

The Roman Legionaries remained standing still, waiting for there enemy to draw closer. In the back, ballistae and catapult were being drawn. Archers had ditches dug for there flames, and Generals went over any last minute strategies.

Edward stood at the front, along with the other Roman Slaves who had been found to be useful in combat. They had been givena simple choice, cooperate and get good food and shelter, or attempt to rebel and be executed. He felt bad for going against his own people, but he had to do what he had to do.

((Hmmmmm, I don't know what I should do, if I'm with teh celtics at this time or rome, I was sent to serve rome, so I dunno... But I'm supposed to be captured, hmmmmmmmmmmm... I guess I'll be with teh celtics at this time?)) I stood near teh front lines of teh celtic army, I was on my horse, in my battle armor, but on my way to serveing rome, I noticed there was a battle betwen the romans and celtics. All I did was walk into a celtic town for rest, and was drafted. AFter the battle, I was to go stright to serve rome, weather I survive teh sloughter or am captured.

(( She hasn't been captured yet. This prologue thread is to tell how they were captured. Jokemaster, starting in the Auxilia is fine, though he would have received Auxilia training, and be equipped with a oval shield, and a spear, Auxilia infantry stood in line formations, and were often used as...well, fodder to soften up the enemy. They were disciplined troops however. Well trained.

A picture of an Auxilia infantryman:

http://www.roman-empire.net/army/auxiliary-inf.html

The Legion:

http://www.roman-empire.net/army/legionary.html

))

The Legion had moved the Auxilia infantry to the front of the army, as was mandatory. There orders were to hold the line at all costs, and die defending there positions if necessary. Deserters would be found, and killed.

"Lock shields!" The Generals voice thundered. The Auxilia quickly headed his call, locking there oval shields close together, with the ends of there spears sticking out between them.

The Archers had prepared the first volley, and the Catapult had been drawn back.

Meanwhile, the Warlord has continued to scream to encourage his men. Finally, he rose his sword into the air, letting out one last scream, and thrusted it forward, signifying the Celts to charge.

Name: Vik

Race: Viking

Height/Weight: 6ft/127

Nature: Agressive

Demeanor: Calm, goes berserk when angered

Hair: Brown

Eyes: Brown

Skills: Hunting, Killing, Navigating, Swordcraft, Bowcraft

Items: Sword, Longbow, Sheild, Viking Helmet, Furs

Came to brittany to sell furs and also to explore the new lands. Is part of a small Viking clan that inhabits Scandinavia. Is one of the three heirs to the throne of the clan.

((Viking, try the Vampires thread, 2 blocks down 3rd thread, you can't miss it))

When the first soldier that struck Edwards shield, not counting the one that had managed to impale himself on his spear, Edward quickly thrust the shield up and threw the soldier back, then thrust his spear forward again. He unimpaled the two bodies from his spear.

Archived