Home

New Storyline Mod For TSL

TheProphet

As many of you know I headed the Reign of the Sith mod for KOTOR 1 as well as began progress on A New Foe, however since our deadline was before KOTOR 2 we had too little time to get it done and we didnt want to be like Obsidian and rush the hell out of it so we discontinued that. I was going to do something similar for TSL until I actually played it and whitnessed the many horrors. So then I descided that I would not make an after ending mod but instead a mod with a completely new story completely unrelated to TSL. So now I am making a mod called Star Wars: The Rise of the Sith. It is a light side mod so its something different from what I have done in the past. The basic storyline is, the sith have been defeated for centuries and the lack of need for jedi has caused the order to be disbanded. What really was happening was the sith were in hiding and now that the Jedi are gone have decided to resurface, but quietly. They hit a damper in their plans when a merchant vessle orbiting Yavin spots one of their bases. The senate send Adon Tann, a decorated war hero, and his new recruit, thats you to go and investigate. In the beginning you start as you did in Kotor 1. Not a Jedi. You eventually reach Jedi but not in the beginning. I plan for this to be actioned packed and to give the player the experiance they missed in TSL. At the moment i have begun work on the first level as well as the opening star wars scroller. I am still looking for people who want to help though.

I need:

A skinner

A modeller

VOICEACTORS - Yes finaly its not just me doing all the voices

Idea Design

People who can plug in numbers in the GIT file for the different places i make.

I will be doing my usuall planet reskins so that you arnt looking at the same EXACT stuff as in TSL, I hope to have fun in this mod as well as you having fun playing it! More updates when they come.

-GSCCC

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Gsccc, Just offering what help I can with the voice acting side of things. I run a recording studio in Australia and use voice actors all the time. (Tv, radio, promotional stuff and animations) Guessing you would not be based in Australia but if you're stuck for some voice talent you could send me the scripts which I could record here and e-mail you a wav file. I see alot of these projects have trouble so just thought I would offer a hand if you need it.

Cheers.

Peloquin.

@Mav Thanks Mav, any kind of help is welcomed, im getting really excited about doing this mod.

@peloquin That would be of EXTREME help thank you so much, once i get scripts i can send i will.

Progress wise, im almost done with the first level at yavin, got most of the soldires plugged in. At some point in the mod i want to use the squad combat like they did at onderon and malachor.

I'll get a screenie soon.

-GSCCC

not a prob, happy to help *light side points gained* (hee hee)

I check here pretty often so just let me know when you have scripts for me and i'll pm you my e-mail.

When the time comes I'll need some background info for the characters and the style of read you're looking for (just a heads up). All in due time though :) . One of the people I work with is one of the most sought after voice talents in Australia. Currently working on all the radio stations and TV. He's a man with a thousand voices so there should be no restriction on the types of character voices you may be looking for. In addition I do sound design work so any alien voices you may need I can also help out with plus any environment/ships/blasters/and so on...

Looking forward to working with you. And best of luck with the rest of project.

Peloquin.

Hi

Sounds awsome. Im no sure about the jobs you need doing (little to no skill at modding) but I would be happy to test, if you needed testers. Really just posting to say I really like the idea and hope everything goes well.

Cheers

Dan

P.s can I request you have an equipable republic uniform? :D

well, i can only pitch idea's out as im still learning about modding, ive got some re-skinning skills but nothing developed.

Idea pitch: I love the <full_name> force crystal idea for TSL but i think it could be much better. It should be a Color crystal that gives the varied bonus based on the Good.Evil alignment. As when you are 100% Good its Green, 75% Viridian, 50% white, 25% orange, 1% Red. Like the TSL crstaly it changes as you do in alignment. I believe it was q_crsytal_VG, q_crsytal_G, q_crsytal_N, q_crsytal_D, q_crsytal_VD. If you can make it a color crsytal with the same effects that would be way better.

Storywise: You should find "The Living Force" crystal on yavin as you investigate the sith, not knowing what it is you keep it, (lightsaber part 1/4), as time goes by you become a jedi like in KotOR1 and are told to construct your lightsaber, then like in KotOR2 you get the parts (lens, emitter, cell parts 3/4). Then when you return the jedi ask you to find a color crystal, which you have, some dialogue about what the unique crystal does and such happens. the you make your Lightsaber. (<Full_Name> lightsaber). It should be your personal lightsaber that all jedi must construct before becoming a Knight and is as much apart of him/her as the force. Which IMHO is how it should be, i hate finding "Fredon Nadd's shortsaber", or "<Random_Name>'s lightsaber" i just dont feel like a real jedi when i don't need to treasure my personal built lightsaber....:_(

Idea Pitch 2: You should be able to choose your own Team, and not be restricted to your Male/Female binds. IE: you have 3 characters slots which are mandatory but the other 5 slots are your choice. I just dispised Bao-durs character and would sever my right arm for HanHarr instead, and i hate Go-TO more than the Disciple so i'd take the other potential jedi over him too.

well, maybe i'll have some better skill at modding soon to help you, but until then all i can do is offer some ideas.

Good luck

I would steer clear of overly ambitious things...many NPCs are such. Look at TSL - it has way too many partymembers, and thus none of them are offered enough time.

Rather, create three or four partymembers who are with you right from near the start of the game (instead of being late additions, long after you have already found a likeable group) - people should be able to find at least two tolerable ones from those ones. And this allows you to more properly script those partymembers into things. And most of all, afford them enough time to actually make them characters.

Yeah, I usually frown upon Dark or Grey side paths, but I realize that the Neutral Jedi need the most help to come to the level of Dark or Light Jedi. So after you finish this, maybe think about a Grey mod that lets them get a Prestige Class and Visas?

/Feels sorry for the poor buggers.

Originally posted by Gsccc

So now I am making a mod called Star Wars: The Rise of the Sith. It is a light side mod so its something different from what I have done in the past. The basic storyline is, the sith have been defeated for centuries and the lack of need for jedi has caused the order to be disbanded. What really was happening was the sith were in hiding and now that the Jedi are gone have decided to resurface, but quietly. They hit a damper in their plans when a merchant vessle orbiting Yavin spots one of their bases. The senate send Adon Tann, a decorated war hero, and his new recruit, thats you to go and investigate. In the beginning you start as you did in Kotor 1. Not a Jedi. You eventually reach Jedi but not in the beginning. I plan for this to be actioned packed and to give the player the experiance they missed in TSL.

-GSCCC

Just some thoughts/comments/questions on your pitched storyline.

Question: You mentioned Rise of the Sith would be independent of TSL, but are you also intending it to be independent from KotOR1 as well?

If yes to the above, what era are you planning on setting it in?

If no to the above, how many years have passed since KotOR1 and will Revan play a part in Rise of the Sith?

Thought: regardless of whether it is an extension of KotOR1, the idea of the Jedi "disbanding" sounds extreme given that their existence is not wholly tied to the presence or absence of an enemy like the Sith. Feels like the Jedi are more than just there to combat Sith so the idea of their disbanding sounds odd to me at first. Just a thought.

Comment: I do like the idea of your PC and one other NPC going into investigate Yavin. Reminds me of Jedi Knight II: Outcast (which I rather enjoyed).

Question: Will you keep the level cap off in Rise of the Sith?

Thanks and good luck.

Vic

Maybe the Jedi would just ... do nothing ? Meditate on the teachings like they dig during the mandalorian wars? I mean something like "too much attachment leads to the dark side".

One master can try to change that and help the Republic, on his way he finds a hero and - after some time he discovers that he -like the exile - can easilly create Force Bonds.

Master would see him as a way of turnig back the Order back to the Republic. He offers to train him and take him to the Order.

In truth he would want the hero to create a bound with council masters - so that they would see ho much suffering is in the world and how much the Jedi are needed

What about that ?

PS.

It's funy to make spoilers of non-existing games :cool:

I'd be done for helping with story points and voice acting.

I work for an animation studio in Dallas,TX with somewhat limited access to a recording studio.

I do more of the quirky, over the top type voices typically associated with animals, villians, henchman, beasts, etc.

Some of my voice work (uncredited) had made into our flagship show Jimmy Neutron as squirrels, bears, etc.

I'm also an active writer and obviously a SW fan, and more than willing to help with story flow and plot point work.

Send me a tell if interested!

Thanks

=H=

Wow, im amazed at the ammount of reply here, first off to those who have been deturred because i said it was a light side mod, i didnt mean that it meant you HAD to be light side, im just saying it starts out light side as opposed to my other mod which was all dark side. As one person put it perfectly Think of Jedi Outcast. Not that I borrowed ideas from it, but it would be the best kind of description for this type of mod. As to one of your questions, I believe someone asked what setting. Well I have long pondered this and have come to think that it would be somewhere after episode 6, though i have no wish to implament any of Kotor other than the fact that i will have to use their planet CONSTRUCTION, because i can still do planet reskins to make them different planets. I have already almost finished yavin, and now since I have all of these volunteers especially for voice acting i think this mod will be great.

BTW for those of you who were wondering what other Dark Side mod i was speaking of it is this

KOTOR Reign of the Sith

KOTOR A New Foe

(The After Darkside ending Series)

THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL THE HELP

-GSCCC

In my opinion, i would really love to see a mod that tells the story of Revan during the Mandalorian wars. You could play as revan, the exile, malak or a new character.

You could choose to start the sith or to withstand the temptation.

This would work great as you could use the prestige classes very well and it has all the right npcs.

Revan would be able to talk to his old master kreia and atton who served during the war. It could end with Revan being defeated in his ship by malak, and then we could continue by playing kotor 1.

In my opinion, i would really love to see a mod that tells the story of Revan during the Mandalorian wars. You could play as revan, the exile, malak or a new character.

You could choose to start the sith or to withstand the temptation.

This would work great as you could use the prestige classes very well and it has all the right npcs.

Revan would be able to talk to his old master kreia and atton who served during the war. It could end with Revan being defeated in his ship by malak, and then we could continue by playing kotor 1.

Please keep mod requests in the mod request sticky as it has nothing to do with the subject of this thread. Thank you.

Archived