Home

New Storyline Mod For TSL

TheProphet

I would suggest that you give the story like one big name, so as not to get confused with the true SW storyline. And add something like: Chapter I (or Part I): Rise of the Sith. Like:

Star Wars:

Attack of the Big Boots

Chapter I - Jabba's Foot

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like changing the Episode to chapter idea so Im going to roll with that. As far as updates go I have sent another script to my screenplay editor in Montreal Canada. So he will be fixing that up for my voice over people soon. At the moment I need ALL my voiceover people, that includes people who want to voice to send me a pm, include contact information(AIM, MSN Messanger, email etc.) I have a lot of scrips now. I am done with the hard version of Yavin 4 I wil be doing finishing touches and adding things here and there.

As for the size of the mod, it will be dramaticly lessened now since we are using mp3's instead of wavs.

BTW: I would like a little more feedback if possible on what you felt the game play was like on the beta, and what you thought of the dialog, etc.

More updates when they come!

-Gsccc

Okay, I got my script back from my screenplay guy so I am going to get that out to my voice actors as soon as possible. I will be updating the website to be more Rise of the Sith related soon, so be checking that.

more scripts? cool! can't wait to get them.

btw gsccc, what's u're sight again???????????????

hey Gsccc- I just finished the beta @ pcgamemods.com and it was amazing. That said, I noticed a few bugs that may/may not have been reported already, so here goes.

1. there were some dialogue conventions/spelling errors and the lip synching wasn't really spot-on, but as it is a beta-demo, I wasn't surprised.

2. I was also able to have multiple adons in my party by talking to him again after he joins the first time- starts the cutscene over again.

3. Adon has a force point bar with one point in it(without being force sensitive- doesnt have the feat) while Ace doesnt have either. curious.

4. some graphical glitches with the flies in the Dxun jungle, but i think that was more a game engine prob rather than a mod prob.

5. Dialogue fires based on proximity to events. What makes this a bug is that the dialogue will fire while your party/PC is still engaged in combat.

6. ace's line about the repair dish doesnt match up with the subtitles-not as much voice as subtitles.

7. Adon's greeting "troop training seems to be at lack" to the sith guy takes a couple of minutes to go on from the end of adon's line to the beginning of sith guy's next line, and the same happens with Ace's line in that dialogue sequence.

8. Ace's mouth doesnt move at all in the aforementioned line.

9. the Admiral jumps around in the cutscene- he rotates back--> front

10. voice overs distort occasionally(good work btw, voice actors- it sounded good despite the sometimes-present distortions! well done).

11. once the cutscene is over, you can go back to the admiral and Darth Craron and start it over again.

Thats all I noticed, but none were a big deal- I enjoyed the demo, so kudos to the mod team.

First off, I would like to say thank you for taking the time to try it out as I am sure It took a while to download. And another thank you for taking the time to write me a bug report as these things are indeed needed. I would just like to comment on a few of them.

As for the lip syncing the problem with this can never be solved due to the big problem that we cant edit them, so the way we do them is copy from other dialogs and use them as a template for ours, so sorry about that, but its better than head bobbing i guess.

The multiple Adon's problem was most likely due to the a_destroy_adon not firing for some reason, though I had reports of it firing fine on other computers so it may take some time to figure that out :/.

And the reason you see the dialog firing while in combat is not proximity, you'll notice if you look closely that once you kill somone a dialog fires, I tried to put these npc's as close as possible to the events they fire when killed so this may happen from time to time.

Ace's lines will be fixed as soon as i can get them attached correctly.

When the Admiral makes his random turns, this is do to the lack of me using the listener tag. I guess I forgot to edit the dialog in the git editor after making it with tk102's DLGEditor, but that can be fixed easily.

And when you have control after the cutscene that is when the beta is over so yea you are able to move around but that wont happen in the actual mod:D. (be wierd if it did though :p )

As for the distortions in texture and audio you talked about, considering this is the first time I have heard of it, I am not sure if that is mod related or a problem with graphics card/conflicion with other mods, on your side. But random stuff like that has happened before.

Anyways Thank you very much for the report, its report's like these that get us where we need to be in the mod. Thanks to all for trying it out!

Ok, I have finished up a bit on yavin, and I made some more characters, skinning anyway.

Also I have completed my full forum for talk on my mod, this is to go more in depth for discussion on it so that you may ask specific questions about it as well as volunteer to help. I would like all my team members, thats everyone who voluntered to help to register, this way we can talk and we don't flood my inbox.;)

To go there go to my website (http://cmgsccc0.tripod.com) and click Forum.

Ok - booked to record today at 4pm CST.

I need to know what file format and rate you need, so he can set that up initially, and when he bounces the audio out, its all set to go for you.

If I don't hear from you, you will likely have to convert whatever he gives you.

Okay well the format I am looking for is mp3 at 44100. Anything is fine really, but we just want to keep the sound files as small as possible so that they dont take up too much space on the user's drive, and so that it doesnt take as long to download.

DOH!

At the time of you reply- i was in the recording booth!!!

Lol... that's perfect.

Well I can at least convert them to mp3 and you should be all set.

I sent you an email per your PM Gscc.

I'd like you to get back to me ASAP, so I may have a chance to do some writing for this while I'm on vacation (starting Thrusday.)

All that I have are the two scripts, so my email was based solely on them.

The story sounds interesting from what I've seen screenshot wise, just have some story issues and dialogue smoothing that needs to happen. That is where I think I can come in handy, if you'll let me ;) .

Cutting the record pieces as I type this...

Hey everybody, GREAT news. I recently got, due to my connections through the line of developers, THANKS SCOTT!! 3dsMax 7, I would use SoftImage XSI, but it takes FOREVER to install. Anyways, I figured out how to render scenes! So that means I will be having some kick butt cutscenes for the mod. In Reign of the Sith you had to simply assume things happened, this time you will actually get to see them happen, I have already made the basic start for the landing on Hoth and will be posting it on my forums at my site. This will give you a basic Idea of how it works. I am planning to have great action oriented scenes like much like the battleship fight in the EP3 trailer. So anyways thats a gigantic update, deffinetly will add more detail to the mod.

BTW: if you are worried that this will dramatically increase the size, it wont, the biggest one of these will get is about 3mb. And there arent many of them.

-GSCCC

Archived