Home

Prelude to KOTOR

Imagine that Lucasarts decides to release a prelude game before KOTOR III. For example, they could release Knights of the Old Republic: The Mandalorian Wars. This way, gamers could experence the Universe before Revan and Malak and get a deeper understanding of the timeline. Or maybe, you could have the option of playing through the game as Malak instead of Revan. Could this be romotely possible?:D

Hmm... I don't think so. That storyline is pretty much set, so trying to introduce anything new wouldn't work. Also, there could always only be one ending: Revan and Malak lead the Republic to victory by ordering the Exile to activate the Mass Shadow Generator. Maybe another game could be made about those wars, like an FPS but not an RPG where you can choose almost every aspect of it, it's too set in stone.

But you could go through as a character that doesnt affect anything like you could be a plain soldier and hang out with Bao-dur and maybe Atton (ya kno -10 years) and you could be corrupted by Revan or you can stay light only to get slaughtered or killed when the mass shadow generator.

I'd hate to see the KOTOR turn into a FPS. It is the story that makes the games so great IMO. Cool characters and character progression would all have to be sacrificed. Besides, the lightsaber battles would look a lot less cinematic. :)

that would be cool idea. But i dont think it would be a great game like Kotor, more like Star Wars Battlefront Expanstion pack.

Maybe: Star Wars: Battlefront: The Mandalorian Wars Expansion pack*

*requires Star Wars: Battlefront to play.

The story of the other KOTOR games is just one way it could turn out. I think it would be fun to have a prequel game and have it end where many different things could happen based on your choices and it wouldnt necessarily result in what happens in the other two games although that could be one of the results. Between KOTOR and KOTOR 2 several different things could happen different ways and the same could be said for this other game.

Archived