Home

Mira's Crocskin Robe

Drazin

I'm not sure why, but I always have to put Mira in a Matukai robe just because she looks good in it. So I decided to give her robe a little retexture to look like Gator skin. (If I could find the robe in my appearance.2da I would have made it shiny, any help?)

Anyways, this isnt complete, just the start of an idea I want to flesh out.

Gator skin robe

Looks good.

In order to add a shininess to the robe, I'm guessing you mean like baremetal, you would have to update her "envmap" line in apperance.2da to CM_Baremetal. Be forwarned doing this will affect anything you put on her, that has a shaded alpha chanel, will have the shinieness too.

Originally posted by Nodakrattler

Looks good.

In order to add a shininess to the robe, I'm guessing you mean like baremetal, you would have to update her "envmap" line in apperance.2da to CM_Baremetal. Be forwarned doing this will affect anything you put on her, that has a shaded alpha chanel, will have the shinieness too.

couldnt you just put the shinieness on the robe and not on her???

Originally posted by maverick187

^^^^^

Probably, you just need to change the alpha channels, and create a .txi with CM_Baremetal. Don't know I haven't tried.

Doesn't work... or at least didn't for KotOR. :(

I had tried once before and got the Amazing Swiss Cheese Guy® ;) Unfortunately, you have to use the appearance.2da for the effect, and as T7 had stated, it will affect anything, including heads for the particular Player/NPC. I used this trick for Bastila's Revelation Robes (originally based from svösh's Good/Evil Bastila mod), but if you look closely at her legs... the skin portion has a slight 'gleam' to them...

If only baseitems.2da had an envmap column, then our problems would be solved :fist:

Yeah,

I was hoping the robe itself could be made shiny. It would help make the gator skin look more realistic. I'm going to go ahead and "Play" with the envmap for Mira and see what I can come up with. I'll post a screenshot if anything interesting happens.

Thanks for the info guys. Now, how come some armor has cm_baremetal yet there is no way to give robes that envmap?

Grr. Argh. Grr.

Originally posted by Drazin

Now, how come some armor has cm_baremetal yet there is no way to give robes that envmap?

Grr. Argh. Grr.

Don't quote me on this ;) but it may have something to do with the actual model's mesh/tri-mesh.

Though this is really just me "slinging theories" out in the wild hoping someone can either confirm I'm correct or flat out tell me I'm being a doofus ;P

I don't know if this will help in your case but I'll throw it out there anyway.

In my case when I did my "salamander style" Onduranian Mod reskin of HK I used the "plastic wrap" tool to get the glossiness in certain segments of his "skin". You have to be very careful not to "overuse" the plastic wrap filter and ruin your image, but I bet if you experiment you can get it pretty close to the way your wanting it. Or maybe you could try hand airbrushing the highlights on his armor by overlaying highlights on it.

Like I said just some ideas. If you want go to my website and look at the bottom pic of HK I used the plastic wrap idea to give him his salamander armor.

HK-47 Highlight look

My Site

Thanks for the great tip bud.

I retextured the robe, tried to use the CM_Baremetal alteration for Mira, but it really screwed up her hair, so I removed it.

I'll try again with the plastic wrap filter on my next robe. This is the final look for the Matukai Adept Robe

Looks better ingame than it does in the Screenshot.

Archived