Home

The Grim Actors

VampireNaomi

Some time ago someone (Metallus, perhaps?) posted a picture and some info about Tony Plana's performance in 24.

Has anyone seen the GF voice actors in other movies, games or series?

Most of you must have heard Kay Kuter (Velasco) in CMI. He has a truly fantastic voice, but he also looks good in Gabriel Knight II:

Click me!

I also have a DVD of Puckoon with Daragh O'Malley (Nick Virago). He's quite funny as a Catholic priest. :D I'll try to get a screen capture.

Any experiences to share?

EDIT: Okay, just made a small screen capture of Mr. O'Malley.

He looks rather like a living and older version of Nick...

I saw Patrick Dollaghan (Domino) in this crappy late-eighties action flick "Circle of Fear". He was the main guy, and since he starred in some other of those late eighties action flicks (Kill Slade and Murphey's Fault), I assume he has a cult attached to him somewhere.

I've also seen Alan Blumenfeld (Glottis) on that Boy Band parody movie 2gether.

And finally, for those of you who know I'm a HUGE fan of the television series "Angel", I realize the main villian of season three named Holtz is played by Keith Szarabajka, who voiced both Bowlsley and the Unicycle Man in Grim Fandango.

• 2 years later...

Time to revive my own old thread. In the first post, I talked about Daragh O'Malley and his performance in Puckoon. Well, I decided to fiddle around with Fraps today and recorded a short clip from the movie. Now you can all see and hear what Nick's voice actor is like in live-action. :D

I saw Tony Plana (Manny) in an episode of Murder She Wrote, a show that has been shown so many times during the early afternoons of the past few years, I must of seen every episode. He played a blind virtuoso keyboard player in a latino pop band, seriously :)

At one point after he meets someone in, I think it was a car park, he turns to his helper guy and says "Take me home Culligan, man". He sounded exactly like Manny. Exactly. Plus it sounds like the kind of thing Manny would say, in that crazy cool hepcat kind of way :)

Has anyone else seen him in Ugly Betty?

I saw Tony Plana (Manny) in an episode of Murder She Wrote, a show that has been shown so many times during the early afternoons of the past few years, I must of seen every episode. He played a blind virtuoso keyboard player in a latino pop band, seriously :)

That was Tony Plana?! It's been only a few weeks since I saw that episode, but I never guessed it was him.

Funny, that series is on pretty much every afternoon in my country as well. It takes turns with Diagnosis Murder or whatever the one about doctors is.

Is that Monk episode the one in which Monk is called to investigate the death of a guy who died by drowning while parachuting? I've got it on DVD and I never recognised Plana in that one either. I suck.

You sure we don't live in the same country? Because Diagnosis Murder was on about an hour ago. :D

Yes, that's the one, Mr. Monk Goes to Mexico. I've seen most of them but only have the first season of DVD so far, I should get the other ones :)

It was on BBC1 here in the UK, I was only half watching the episode, but I'm sure the murder involved some front-man in a rock band getting stabbed in the back during a concert. =/

I find it strange how the Doctor's general observational abilities when investigating homicides far surpass his son, who is the actual Policeman, which just raises the question, just why did he become a Doctor rather than a Policeman, and why did his son become a Policeman rather than a Doctor?

It's crazyness =/

Taking a quick peak on IMDB (GF scores a friggin' 9.7 alright!), Alan Blumenfeld appears in 2 episodes of Heroes. I already was just about downloading all 2nd season episodes, now I can't wait for Alan's voice :D I hope it's similar to Glottis'.

But Tony Plana really is Betty's father in Ugly Betty? Man, I've seen that show a couple of times while my mother was watching, but I never noticed. Next time I'm really going to pay more attention :D

I find it strange how the Doctor's general observational abilities when investigating homicides far surpass his son, who is the actual Policeman, which just raises the question, just why did he become a Doctor rather than a Policeman, and why did his son become a Policeman rather than a Doctor?

It's crazyness =/

Strange, yet symbolically compelling :lol:

But Tony Plana really is Betty's father in Ugly Betty? Man, I've seen that show a couple of times while my mother was watching, but I never noticed. Next time I'm really going to pay more attention :D

I don't watch it myself, but I just happened to see him and I knew who it was right away. I must have some kind of sixth-sense that alerts me whenever Tony Plana is near :)

Call it coincidence, but several minutes ago my mom was watching an episode she taped a short while ago, so I immediately sat down next to her. I only had to wait 30 seconds and there he was: Manny! :D His voice has become a little rusty since GF, but damn, it sounded g00000d :p

• 4 months later...

I'm just watching Heroes (the second season started a few weeks ago in the UK), and the name "Alan Blumenfeld" came up. The name seemed familiar to me so I checked it out, and realized he provides the voice of Glottis. In Heroes he plays Maury Parkman, I thought his voice sounded a little familiar :)

Archived