Home

Empire at War Craft Index

Dagobahn Eagle

The Imperator classification name, which is the same star destroyers you see in the films, stems from the Mandel Blueprints, published in 1978. I've never heard anything about George ever calling it that, but the Mandel schematics predates West End Games classification, which really just is a big missunderstanding and poor research into the Star Destroyers. Unfortunatly, the later publications since the West End Games blooper has adopted the Imperial-Class term.

The Executor-Class has the same problem with its Super term.

I wonder why you've put a non-existant ship in that list there is no such thing as an Imperator Class Star Destroyer, it's a common mistake people make to mistake the Imperial class 1 and 2's as one class under the name Imperator The Main Visual difference can be seen in terms of engines the rest of the differneces are internal with a few other inor details as well as mosr firepower.

As was mentioned, it is indeed the Imperator-class.

Just like the Super Star Destroyer is the Executor-class, not the "Super-class" (c'mon, classes are named by the first ship of the line... A ship called the "Super" sounds silly to me).

The "Imperial-class myth" (and it's a strong one, seeing even the official SW site is mistaken about it:D) is just another video game mistake, just like mistaking the radars and reactor of the Star Destroyers for shield generators.

Originally posted by DK_Viceroy

IF the offical site has it as Imperial than it is gosphel even the movies support it all reliable EU states it as Imperial so off your high horses your wrong.

Movies doesn't support anything on this actually, neither does the the movie novels. To my knowledge, there is no mention whatsoever on what class the ISD is in any canon sources.

EU is, like with the "shield/sensor" dome issue, divided on this subject. And like with the sensor dome issue, the very first time the Imperator Class term was used was back in 1978, which, again, predates any newer reference.

Just because half the EU doesn't do good enough research doesn't make it right. :)

So if I, or anyone else, choose to use the Imperator term, we are in no more wrong than someone who says Imperial.

Though if you say out loud "I just spotted an Imperial Imperial-Class Star Destroyer" it does tend to sound rather, well, stupid. :D

Now that that is settled, get back on topic.

• 1 month later...

First off, great list, it deserves a sticky! :thumbsup:

Just a note, the power generators are confirmed to be shield generators, and asteroid fields WILL play an active part in the game, they'll both slow you down and damage you, if I remember correctly...

Archived