Home

Republic Commandos on the Battlefront

Boba Tea

Just an idea I had while watching the final scene of RC the other day. A SW:B mod that took you through smaller, more claustrophobic maps to reach a goal at the end. This would mean only one CP each side, representing the goal. The teams would consist of the usual SW:B grunts, but four people each side would have access to a special class: The Republic would get four Commandos, while the Federation would get suped-up SBDs, like the ones seen in RC. There would be various ways for the four Comandos to reach the Federation CP, and the SBDs would have to defend. Likewise, the Federation Soldiers would press forward against the Republic troops, who are on defense.

Unfortunately, I do not have the means, nor the skill to make this. If anyone would be interested, however, in making it, I'd be happy to give you full credit for the mod, only taking the "insirational" or whatever aspects for myself. Any takers? Comments? Ideas? I'd love feedback, it's much appreciated.

Quote: "I'd be happy to give you full credit for the mod, only taking the creative aspects for myself"

So I'd model, texture, rig and animate the Republic Commando unit, upload it to my site and let everyone download it. Plus I'd have to give them step by step instructions on how to implement in in their mod.

Then you get to say it was all your idea ?

Sounds good, where do we begin ? :D

LOL, no, I mean you take full credit for the work and everything... I only get listed as having the idea at the bottom of the credits list. I'm not like, UBER WOWZ I MADE THIS!

Or fine, have it your way. Take the idea, I really don't care.:rolleyes:

:)

Sorry for the sarcasm, but I was kind of serious about doing it

A Republic Commando unit has been on my wish list for a while now. It is not going to be easy to make a new unit, there is a lot of work to do, but I now have a working exporter for XSI and so the possibility has taken a huge leap forward. I can't do it just yet, but in the not too distant future, it's something I'd like to do.

I should have put a link to my website on my last post for you to have a look at:

http://www.saturnlabs.net/The_Lab/The_Lab.html

Updated for the TIE Interceptor, which I expect to release quite soon

Cheers,

Saturn_V

I have released a beta test of the TIE Interceptor as a msh/odf package rather than as part a map, so you will be able to mod it's performance right from the start. I have no plans to release it in .xsi format, but there are ways of getting it from msh into XSI...

I think it's unlikely I will make a TIE Defender, I never really liked the look of them that much. I don't know what it is about the TD, but they never seemed to me to fit the Imperial design ethos, and it's hard work to model something I have little enthusiasm for. The TIE Crawler is a more likely option, but not for a while.

I have released a beta test of the TIE Interceptor as a msh/odf package rather than as part a map, so you will be able to mod it's performance right from the start.

Where can I find this TIE Interceptor MSH/ODF's package ?

I have no plans to release it in .xsi format, but there are ways of getting it from msh into XSI...

Do you have some examples of these ways to convert from MSH to XSI format ?

The TIE Crawler is a more likely option, but not for a while.

Does that mean that you'll work on it, or on any others Twin Ion Engine vehicles ? (TIE Advanced, etc...]

Originally posted by Saturn_V

by the way, that thing I call an ATPT is called an ATPT in the modding assets supplied by the game developers, that's good enough for me.

Ah...good...but let me tell you that its still wrong, starwars says that ATPTs are this:

AT-PT_image.jpg

, i have even made one for JK:JA so i can tell you thats not an ATPT so its up to you to see this as a friendly coment than a rude critic, which it seems you saw it like that.

hey it's no problem, I was just saying that the game assets call it an ATPT; if I had to choose, I'd pick a licensed LucasArts game over some guy's website. But it was cut from the game anyway.

Have you seen the new Clone Wars series 2 cartoons ? The walkers in that are a lot closer to the one in the game.

I'm alive!:D

I drew up a concept for the map the mod would use:

http://img84.exs.cx/img84/1999/map5kr.jpg

It's very crude, but it gets the job done. Red lines indicate tunnels for the Commandos to use, boxes indicate barriers to hide behind, triangles are vehicles(walkers) and the pathetic "c" are command posts. Finally, the blue and green dots indicate bacta droids and ammo droids.

Thanks.

I was wondering if it was possible to balance out the new classes as follows:

COMMANDO:

-Medium Health %, but recover over time, like a vehicle when flown by a pilot.

-Carry the health and ammo packs and a set of grenades

-Melee attack. (I'm not sure whether that is even possible)

SUPER BATTLE DROID:

-Very High Health %, but are unable to use Bacta Droids

-Slow Reload and Recharge times, but high attack power

-Lasers and Missiles

-Hard to kill, but a tiny weak spot, just like RC. If it's even possible...

-No secondaries.

---------------------------------------

Input?

Archived