Home

New/Old Module Idea.

Mav

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Darth Khasei

Hey. I know that I have not been around for awhile, but I thought my Dark Lords Force Powers would help get me on the list.:(:D

I second that, Darth Khasei has made some awesome Force Powers, but you better make more to be on the list... I'm kidding ;)

Ok, I want to thank everyone for positive responses and feedback. :cheers:

BTW.. I think I sent 50 or so messages back and forth in the past two days.. *phew* :nut:

As can be seen from the list above, people marked in green are confirmed actors. So, that's cool. This brings me to another point. I may need more candidates. The extra NPCs however won't give quests or have some extended dialogs, they'll just basically be there or be used for misc. tasks I may need. This is because the level is reasonbly big and 20 npcs will dissolve in there quite easily, and I don't want the level to feel empty. So, if you want to lend you nickname, let me know..

I am also thinking of possible including second module.. the actual Jar'Tekk cantina (or other cantina level). I need some kind of lounge and the Arena Pit level just doesn't have that.

Lastly, I've been mostly contacting members who didn't initially post in this thread. So,

@ChainZ

@Maverick

@Doom

@Drazin

@Shadow Blaze

@Mono_Giganto

I know you are following this thread, so if you, guys, already have certain ideas as to what you want to do in the Arena (like in terms of quests.. or for example, selling some items.. etc.), I'd appreciate if you get back to me, coz that would really help.

That doesn't apply only to you, but mostly to you, since I have't been in touch via PM.

(I'm going nuts with private messages here, and don't want to accidentally forget you). Thanks. :)

Well, I never did include a way to obtain my guns in my last mod. :D

I guess something along the line of this for the dialog:

Tach Talks

Hey! This tach is sitting on a pile of fire-arms!

Tach Talks

Just my luck, a Tach who understands credits...

Open to Merchant View

:D I'll have to fix the prices though.

Just got your PM (been out partying and then voimiting from to much partying ...). I don't mind being included, and what I look like/do/die like is completely up to you and who ever is helping you make the mod.

Until I get the game (which I have been lazy about ...) I don't know if any of my old mods (skins and weapons - though not sabers) would work with TSL. If they do I wouldnt mind one of the two swords being able to be taken from my cold dead corpse.

^^^^

Jackel, you aren't supposed to party that much... Them technicolor yawns are awful aren't they? :D

Originally posted by Drazin

Mono...

Maybe you are a super smart Tach Monkey like that gorrilla from Congo!

*Sign Language*

Me Mono.

Me Sell Bang Bang.

Five Dollah (Oops wrong movie)

*Falls backward out of chair laughing...*

:rofl: Bwahahahahaha!!! :rofl:

But seriously Xcom, Drazin's idea of the Mono the Tach using sign language is a good idea! ;)

Originally posted by Doom_Dealer

Can i be the Crazed Mandolorian Janitor who wanders around and says stupid things in a stupid accent please :D

oh Yes! in fact, I have just the mission for you.

I was thinking of making Beancounter do it, but since you asked first.. :D

@Mono/Drazin, LOL! You'll be selling blasters, that's a deal. We'll see how this tach thing will work out.

@jackel,

Just got your PM (been out partying and then voimiting from to much partying ...).

You'll be drunk bartender then. :lol:

Little update.

I'm probably be using Telos cantina level in combination with Arena pit. I've examined Jekk'Jekk Tarr cantina.. and it seemed pretty boring and grim. Telos, on the other hand, is smaller, more crowded (already has a great variety of aliens there) and generally, the atmosphere is spot on. The only concern is that the levels have different designs.. but I don't really think this is going to be a problem.

Originally posted by Xcom

Little update.

I'm probably be using Telos cantina level in combination with Arena pit. I've examined Jekk'Jekk Tarr cantina.. and it seemed pretty boring and grim. Telos, on the other hand, is smaller, more crowded (already has a great variety of aliens there) and generally, the atmosphere is spot on. The only concern is that the levels have different designs.. but I don't really think this is going to be a problem.

Sounds good to me Xcom ;)

I think the Citadel station Cantina is the perfect choice, It just the right size to add enough gameplay Variety to it.

I got an idea for ya, how about Beast fights so that the player can bet on which beast wins the fight. There would have to be some randomiztion to it though or it would just be a money exploit ;)

I would love to see a Rancor and a Drexel go at it ;)

Originally posted by T7nowhere

I got an idea for ya, how about Beast fights so that the player can bet on which beast wins the fight. There would have to be some randomiztion to it though or it would just be a money exploit ;)

I would love to see a Rancor and a Drexel go at it ;)

Hmmmm... that's a very good idea, T7.

In fact, I've already was thinking about smth like this. There is obviously gotto be a way for player to earn some cash in the level (beside pazaak), considering the fact that there are gonna be some very expensive items for sale. So, there is going to be a bookmaker. Initially, I was thinking that player can simply bet on every fight (including the ones where he/she is participating), but I like beast idea more.. now. :D

Originally posted by Xcom

I was thinking that player can simply bet on every fight (including the ones where he/she is participating), but I like beast idea more.. now. :D

Plus it would just look cool seeing a couple large beasts dook it out ;)

Being able to bet on your own fights sounds fun, But what happends if you loose, Do you get dragged off to a Bacta Tank and given some hefty medical bills. :)

What else do you have in mind. I'm thinking you could have some quests to collect animals for the arena(buy them on Onderon maybe) Perhaps an Arena Trainer or 2 to get some extra stat bonus's or Feats that would normaly not be avialible to certain PC classes.

It would also be nice to get some better swoop Racing, I personally do Like swoop Races but hate how gimped the they made the rewards.

It might even be fun to add a mini Turret arcade or "Turret Simulator" ;)

if it helps, i find this in nwscript a while back about factions, theres a thread somewhere just cant find it :

int INVALID_STANDARD_FACTION = -1;

int STANDARD_FACTION_HOSTILE_1 = 1;

int STANDARD_FACTION_FRIENDLY_1 = 2;

int STANDARD_FACTION_HOSTILE_2 = 3;

int STANDARD_FACTION_FRIENDLY_2 = 4;

int STANDARD_FACTION_NEUTRAL = 5;

int STANDARD_FACTION_INSANE = 6;

int STANDARD_FACTION_PTAT_TUSKAN = 7;

int STANDARD_FACTION_GLB_XOR = 8;

int STANDARD_FACTION_SURRENDER_1 = 9;

int STANDARD_FACTION_SURRENDER_2 = 10;

int STANDARD_FACTION_PREDATOR = 11;

int STANDARD_FACTION_PREY = 12;

int STANDARD_FACTION_TRAP = 13;

int STANDARD_FACTION_ENDAR_SPIRE = 14;

int STANDARD_FACTION_RANCOR = 15;

int STANDARD_FACTION_GIZKA_1 = 16;

int STANDARD_FACTION_GIZKA_2 = 17;

// DJS-OEI 2/25/2004

int STANDARD_FACTION_SELF_LOATHING = 21;

int STANDARD_FACTION_ONE_ON_ONE = 22;

int STANDARD_FACTION_PARTYPUPPET = 23;

In bold are the Predator and Prey

faction..... These two are hostile to each other but no other faction ... i.e. they will not attack the player or be attackable but will slug it out against one and other, try looks at the holowan spire for a rancor and tarantanak (cant spell it) .... its used in there/

Hope that helps :D

Originally posted by T7nowhere

Being able to bet on your own fights sounds fun, But what happends if you loose, Do you get dragged off to a Bacta Tank and given some hefty medical bills. :)

Well, it depends since you you can have two kinds of fights: lethal and non-lethal. In lethal ones, well.. I guess you just die. :D In non-lethal fights I thought a player should only be able to place a bet on himself, if he is participating; otherwise, it becomes automatic exploit (place a bet on oponent and lose on purpose).

What else do you have in mind.

Many things. :p

I'm thinking you could have some quests to collect animals for the arena(buy them on Onderon maybe) Perhaps an Arena Trainer or 2 to get some extra stat bonus's or Feats that would normaly not be avialible to certain PC classes.

Well, I would like to keep the Mod self-contained. Involving other existing planets will require me to modify them, and that's something I want to avoid for the sake of compatibility. However, it will be possible to inroduce a little quest for finding some critter that managed to escape from beast pen and is wandering somewhere... ;)

It would also be nice to get some better swoop Racing, I personally do Like swoop Races but hate how gimped the they made the rewards.

I agree, but I'm not sure how doable this is ... from technical point of view. Swoop track is a separate module and it's very heavily scripted (plus we have no source for these scripts).

It might even be fun to add a mini Turret arcade or "Turret Simulator" ;)

C'mon, T7, most people hated those damn turrets.. :lol:

@Doom Dealer,

for something like this, one might not need factions at all. I imagine these beast fights should have somewhat random outcome and therefore, they'll probably be scripted and shown in a non-interactive custscene, and the actual fight will be sort of "faked". :o

BTW.. I haven't found cheering sounds in TSL which were present in K1, so I downloaded some public domain sound effects off the Internet. Does anyone know if there are any specific requirements for PCM wavs in TSL? Like do they have to be (mono, 16bits, 22khz) or others will work as well?

Also, what the heck were wavs in StreamSounds folder made with? I couldn't play them in any program, went poking around in the binary data, and found apprx. 400 bytes of some unknown information written in the beginning of the file (presumably coming from LAME encoder). When I stripped that off, the wavs played fine.

:confused:

Archived