Home

New/Old Module Idea.

Mav

Originally posted by Xcom

I agree, but I'm not sure how doable this is ... from technical point of view. Swoop track is a separate module and it's very heavily scripted (plus we have no source for these scripts).

Well... I didn't know that the minigames were scripted, I had just assumed they were hardcoded. This got me kind of curious and I had a look at the swoop track on Telos Citadel Station to see what the scripts were used for. :)

If you want the source code I made for all of the scripts in the 211TEL module (Citadel swoop track) I can post the scripts.

There was 19 scripts in total of varying length, though some of them are a bit messy. I guess it's a result of plenty of rushed Copy&Paste scripting during development, since there's loads of unused stuff littering the scripts.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by stoffe -mkb-

If you want the source code I made for all of the scripts in the 211TEL module (Citadel swoop track) I can post the scripts.

Yes, please do.

Besides, I'm not the only one who might find it very useful. ;)

Yes, please do.

Besides, I'm not the only one who might find it very useful. ;)

Okay, here you go. I've packed the scripts into a rar archive to avoid flooding the thread with a load of scripts. That file should contain all the NSS files.

C'mon, T7, most people hated those damn turrets.. :lol:

Ya I know :( I guess I'll just have to make my own mod wth them when I get some time then.

Well, I would like to keep the Mod self-contained. Involving other existing planets will require me to modify them, and that's something I want to avoid for the sake of compatibility.

On that note, where is the arena going to be located. Nar shadda?

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It would also be nice to get some better swoop Racing, I personally do Like swoop Races but hate how gimped the they made the rewards.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree, but I'm not sure how doable this is ... from technical point of view. Swoop track is a separate module and it's very heavily scripted (plus we have no source for these scripts).

after looking at some of the source Stoffe posted I think it would be ok to add all the courses from each planet if the onexit script(and maybe a couple others) is edited and load the arena module instead. It also looks like there is some scripting that tracks whether swoop upgrades are being used. I read on the OE boards that they had most of the coding for the swoop upgrades done, but it was left unfinnished due to time constrants. I wonder if it could be activated.

Does anyone know if there are any specific requirements for PCM wavs in TSL? Like do they have to be (mono, 16bits, 22khz) or others will work as well?

I'm not sure, But I think you can save them at a higher quality but when you do the sound files get quite a bit larger. I compress my sound files with Miles Sound studio. and keep it at the same as the game sounds. Which is 32khz, 16bit mono.

@stoffe, thanks.. icon14.gif

Originally posted by T7nowhere

On that note, where is the arena going to be located. Nar shadda?

That's a good question; I don't know yet. Though it doesn't really matter that much for a mod like this (IMHO). I can make it accessible via real location (indeed somewhere in Nar-Shadaa) or simply teleport player from Ebon Hawk.

after looking at some of the source Stoffe posted I think it would be ok to add all the courses from each planet if the onexit script(and maybe a couple others) is edited and load the arena module instead. It also looks like there is some scripting that tracks whether swoop upgrades are being used. I read on the OE boards that they had most of the coding for the swoop upgrades done, but it was left unfinnished due to time constrants. I wonder if it could be activated.

First of all, I don't know if you're aware of this, but many people have reported glitches with existing swoop tracks. Some got incorrect time, some couldn't finish the race at all. IIRC, I also couldn't jump at one track and thus couldn't win a single race (don't remember which planet though). Anyways, I don't think simply copying these modules is such a good idea. If I am to include swoop races, I would very much like to fix those errors.

This will, however, mean that I must study and test those scripts to learn what exactly all those SWMG_ functions do. That will take some time ... ;)

Secondly, I don't know to what degree OE had finished their swoop upgrade system, but Swoop Upgrade Screen GUI is basically non-existant (shows some black & white panels and two buttons).

I'll look futher into this, but no promises. Frankly, I feel like implementing swoop races is a mod in its own. Plus, considering the fact that Arena is mainly combat-oriented mod, I am not really sure it's worth the effort.

I'll look futher into this, but no promises. Frankly, I feel like implementing swoop races is a mod in its own. Plus, considering the fact that Arena is mainly combat-oriented mod, I am not really sure it's worth the effort.

Good point. Focus on the Arena first ;)

ps. the only bug I have run across in swoop racing was when I aborted the race and the local wasn't reset. Either I wasn't paying attention or I have just been lucky :p

Good news.

All droids in the MOD will be fully voiced-over. I found great TTS site that can do droid sfx. Sadly, it doesn't work for the rest of the characters, because the speech is monotonous, but it's perfect for droids.

Yeah, I forgot. Here is the link:

http://www.cepstral.com/cgi-bin/demos/general

I've been working on the Arena level, and it's coming together very nicely, especially when I started "decorating" it with various placeables and stuff. I'm not sure at this point whether I'll need the Citadel Station level anymore. I initially wanted to include it because I thought that the Jekk'Jekk area was kind of boring, but you have no idea what a few Ithorian plants and a droid DJ can do for the atmosphere. :p

I've been working on the Arena level, and it's coming together very nicely, especially when I started "decorating" it with various placeables and stuff. I'm not sure at this point whether I'll need the Citadel Station level anymore. I initially wanted to include it because I thought that the Jekk'Jekk area was kind of boring, but you have no idea what a few Ithorian plants and a droid DJ can do for the atmosphere. :p

I don't want to beg, but how about a few screenies. :D

Originally posted by maverick187

I don't want to beg, but how about a few screenies. :D

I don't have that much to show yet, Mav.

I have some characters in some rooms, and that's pretty much it. I've experimented with placeables, but nothing is final so far. Here's one screen:

k2000216ui.th.jpg

Time for a little update and little rant.

Things are going slowly, there is just too much tedious work involved. Gawd! How I wish there was a map editor. :headbump For every new placeable, new npc, I have to get the coordinates with whereami band, input that into the GIT file, go back to the game and check, go back and adjust, repeat.. until it more or less looks okay.

Why did BioWare come up with this rediculous system for rotating things. Creatures use X, Y orientation which are relative coords for a directional vector. Doors and PLCs use Bearing measured in Radians. If that wasn't enough, all of that works in reverse too. :rolleyes: That means if you want your object facing South, you have to compute the values for the North. That's in the GIT file, in the scripts they use yet another different system. You need to specify facing angle in degrees, however, for creatures 0 degrees means East, for placeables 0 degrees means North. Arrrrg!!!

Anyway, at this point, I pretty much know what every character is going to be doing, except Darkkender. (where are you, man?)

I still need more people (their names actually) for ... how should I say... support roles (like spectators, pazaak players).

So, if you want to make a cameo, lemme know.

Things are going slowly, there is just too much tedious work involved. Gawd! How I wish there was a map editor. :headbump For every new placeable, new npc, I have to get the coordinates with whereami band, input that into the GIT file, go back to the game and check, go back and adjust, repeat.. until it more or less looks okay.

Welcome to our world mate :S, the modules arnt really that pretty, but atleast we can do something with them :D and its better than nothing, something i did on mine was to get the coordinates for every single character in one go, takes a while, but if you make a list it means you can just quickly plug everything in, in one go and hopefully most will be ok, it still takes a while, but doing each 'stage' in one bulk seemed to speed everything up alot when making mine.

Originally posted by Doom_Dealer

but if you make a list it means you can just quickly plug everything in

Yeah, I know. But I guess I'm one of those people who just can't get satisfied with such lists. I make a list, insert NPCs, go into the game, and think, "Hmm.. what if I put him over there instead of over here?" Well, that doesn't really speed up things. :o:D

Anyways, I wanted to share a funny screen. I was testing some idle script routines, and this produced quite funny outcome.

darth33im.th.jpg

I call this "Darth333 and her Wookie Padawans". :lol:

The idea is that a master barks a command and padawans do various combat moves (like in a dojo).

Time for a little update and little rant.

Things are going slowly, there is just too much tedious work involved. Gawd!

Now you know how ORD Mandell went, and why I dropped 9 areas to 5.

How I wish there was a map editor.

[sarcasm] Now why would you want something like that? [/sarcasm]

:headbump For every new placeable, new npc, I have to get the coordinates with whereami band, input that into the GIT file, go back to the game and check, go back and adjust, repeat.. until it more or less looks okay.

That is what I have been posting to everybody that talked about new planets or areas, it isn't hard to do, but it is the single most tedious thing you could possibly do for a mod.

As Doom_Dealer said, "Welcome to our world" and I feel your pain Xcom... now just imagine for a second having to type in "whereami" and physically have to write down the coordinates for everything... that was hell! :dev6: But look on the bright side, at least with Darth333's sweet location armband it is easier to get the locations. ;)

Does anyone know how one can increase the illumination of the level or add some lights? K1 doesn't seem to use LightingScheme.2da because it always point to 0.

Also, is it possible modify area mdl/mdx with Gmax/mdlops?

Archived