Home

Darkside names

RC-1162

Ever notice that some darksiders in the movies have part of their names from words which fit the darkside?ie: Darth Vader. Vader comes from INVADER. Darth SIdious.Sidious comes from INSIDIOUS. wierd isnt it? i could never get Maul, Tyranus,Revan and Malak.though anyone who knows is encouraged to post it here.

(50 more days till Revenge of the Sith :saberr::saberb: )

According to Dictionary.com, 'maul' means 'to injure by or as if by beating; to handle roughly,' and Tyranus (sp?) comes from the Latin for tyrant, which is defined as 'an oppressive, harsh, arbitrary person.'

Of couse 'Vader' could mean 'father;' Anakin Skywalker, a.k.a. Darth Vader, is Luke Skywalker's father. The actions of the Original Trilogy revolve mainly around Luke Skywalker. It could also be derived from inVADER, but I stick to the father idea.

Darth Revan and Darth Malak did not take any pseudonyms; they used their real names, but the design teams could have derived their names from Dark Side origins. 'Revan' is an anagram of 'raven,' a bird symbolizing death in some occurances, and 'Malak' could be derived from 'malice.'

Other Dark Lords of the Sith have used similar pseudonyms. Darth Bane and Darth Plagueis are just two of them. Also General Grievous' name and title mean 'a leader of causing grief, pain, or anguish.'

'Kismet' (from my UserID) is a synonym for 'fate.' A friend of mine has an ID on another forum, "Darth Obsidian." Obsidian is very black, connecting to the Dark Side.

Originally posted by Darth Band

id agree with u abt the father bit but when anakin joined the darkside he did not know that he had twins. or any offspring for that matter.

Remember, Lucas ultimatley made the names, and the Original Trilogy came out before Vader was know as "Anakin Skywalker."

And my understanding of possible Episode III plot is that Anakin does find out about his children and goes to kill them. That is why Senator Organa adopted Leia and Obi-Wan sent Luke to live with Owen and Beru.

That spoiler is, again, to the best of my understanding.

your spoiler sounds a bit far fetched dont u think? i mean,

when Anakin joined the darkside he didnt know that Padme was pregnant. I got this from a mag which said all abt the production of RotS. and Vader came to know that he had a daugter only when he invaded Lukes thoughts on the Death Star II.

when Anakin joined the darkside he didnt know that Padme was pregnant. I got this from a mag which said all abt the production of RotS. and Vader came to know that he had a daugter only when he invaded Lukes thoughts on the Death Star II.

I said, and I QUOTE:

Originally posted by Darth_Kismet

That spoiler is, again, to the best of my understanding.

Plus, just because someone has taken the path to the darkside does not mean he has taken up the title Dark Lord of the Sith (a.k.a. Darth).

Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Senator Organa hid Luke and Leia for a reason. All I can remember was to PROTECT them from their father. If Anakin did not know about them, I think they might have said "safeguard" them, or something like that. While protect and safeguard roughly mean the same thing, they, in actuality, have two different meanings.

Anakin had a vision about his pregnant wife before he turned to the darkside, and he knew he had a son and a daughter

Nope...

spoliers

he knew he was going to have a child, but didn't know if it was going ot be a boy or a girl. When Padme is laid to rest she is made to look pregnant so to all public knowledge, the child died also.

the children are hidden from the emperor because... "The emperor knew as I did, that if anakin were to have any off spring they would be a threat to him."

Obi and Yoda eventually plan to use the children to defeat vader and his emperor.

hmm....maybe the mag was wrong.oh and i just found out something cool. you know the Death Star right(the original one)? well saturn has a moon called Mimas that looks exactly like it.(ie:a sunk hole in the northern hemisphere.)i think thats where George got the idea for the death star.

hmm....maybe the mag was wrong.oh and i just found out something cool.way cool. you know the Death Star right(the original one)? well saturn has a moon called Mimas that looks exactly like it.(ie:a sunk hole in the northern hemisphere.)i think thats where George got the idea for the death star.

That is pretty cool. I don't know if Lucas got the idea for the Death Star from it. He might have, although I wonder what kind of access he would have had to the images back in the 70s.

EDIT: Don't feel bad if your source was wrong. My friend Darth Obsidian was entirely convinced of the outcome of one of the RotS saber duels because he had read the synopsis but was disproven with a screen capture proving him almost entirely wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey guys can you just check whether this link works. i tried it a mill times but no luck. and it ISN'T spam honest. i got it from the newspaper but maybe my comp has a prob tell me if you guys cant access it either.

its supposed to be :

a trailer of Revenge of the sith

the link : http://portfolio.iu.edu/abachniv/sw_ep3_trailer.mov

Woohoo!! Only 13 more days.

hey guys can you just check whether this link works. i tried it a mill times but no luck. and it ISN'T spam honest. i got it from the newspaper but maybe my comp has a prob tell me if you guys cant access it either.

its supposed to be :

a trailer of Revenge of the sith

the link : http://portfolio.iu.edu/abachniv/sw_ep3_trailer.mov

Woohoo!! Only 21 more days.

Not working here. Score: 1-0.

Ive read episode III the novel and in that padme tells anakin she is pregnant when h and obi wan return from rescuing chancellor palpatine from count dooku

hey wait a minute, isnt

palpatine Darth Sidious? then why does he need rescuing from his own padawan?

This happens at the start of the film so mayb to still hide his true idenity of being a Sith, so he still looks good, what i don't understand is that why none of the jedi's cant feel the force inside him or maybe the force has a different feel if your DS.

Archived