Home

monkey island 2 amiga vrsn for sale

stoeyed

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Huz

It isn't

I think the Amiga version is alot better than the PC version because it is the origional version it has better sound and music the game the graphics and the sound and music look and sound better because Monkey Island 2 was made for the Amiga.

Also the Amiga version is alot different to the Pc version there are diffrent ship wrecks under the bridge in the green glowing water in woodtick and there are alot of other things that the Amiga version has that the Pc version dosent. Also with the pc version you dont get the code wheel.

:monkey4::monkey4::monkey4::sweating:

It (the PC version) has, however, incredible 256 colours. More amazing is, how cool the Amiga version looks with only 32 colors. In fact I mostly play the Amiga versions just for the better (sounding) music and sound effects, i.e. the TFMX format used in SoMI for Amiga > AdLib on PC, no doubt.

But in the end I can't say there is a "better" version, since it's still the same game.

Huz

I think the Amiga version is alot better than the PC version because it is the origional version it has better sound and music the game the graphics and the sound and music look and sound better because Monkey Island 2 was made for the Amiga.

Also the Amiga version is alot different to the Pc version there are diffrent ship wrecks under the bridge in the green glowing water in woodtick and there are alot of other things that the Amiga version has that the Pc version dosent. Also with the pc version you dont get the code wheel.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it wasn't made "for" the Amiga, and the only reason Woodtick looks different is that the Amiga version is missing some extra objects in the foreground. Also, the music may sound better on the Amiga, but the PC version has more of it.

I don't really see how having to use a code wheel is a good thing, but anyway, the original PC release had it. Just like the budget Amiga release didn't.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it wasn't made "for" the Amiga, and the only reason Woodtick looks different is that the Amiga version is missing some extra objects in the foreground. Also, the music may sound better on the Amiga, but the PC version has more of it.

I don't really see how having to use a code wheel is a good thing, but anyway, the original PC release had it. Just like the budget Amiga release didn't.

It was made for the amiga because at the time the amiga was more popular and thats why it has better music and sound on the Amiga and the graphics are amazing compared to the PC version.

The pc version now and at the time dosent sound half as good as the origional Amiga version and they changed alot of things for the PC version of woodtick its missing a ship wreck and other objects also the music and sound is not as good. And concidering its in 256 colour it dosent look any better than the amiga version.

The code wheel is awsome thats why the origional was better.

It was made for the amiga because at the time the amiga was more popular

No, by "made for" we mean the original system.

Know thy Moby

The code wheel is awsome thats why the origional was better.

Besides using non-arguments and having sucky grammar, are you a total jerk, too? Open your eyes! 224 colors make a lot of difference in this case!

(alien426 Quote)(are you a total jerk, too? Open your eyes! 224 colors make a lot of difference in this case!)

If your calling me a jerk for saying the 256 colours dosent makes no difference and I have proved with the screenshots it dosent then your a jerk too and this is you:jab1.

Go here http://www.scummbar.com/games/index.php?game=2&sub=info&todo=19 and you will see screenshots from Monkey Island 2 revenge of Le Chuckfor the Amiga PC and mac the amiga versions 32 colours and you cant tell the diffrence so 256 colours makes no diffrence in this case.

:monkey4::monkey4::monkey4::sweating:

If you can't see a difference between the images, then you should seriously consider having your eyes tested by a doctor. The most obvious difference is the background. But a lot of other elements show much, much softer transitions between colors, too.

I don't want to ridicule you or anything, but you're quite young, aren't you? There is something we call 'backing up arguments' and you should learn about that some time, if you want to take part in discussions.

Alien 426 Quote(If you can't see a difference between the images, then you should seriously consider having your eyes tested by a doctor. The most obvious difference is the background. But a lot of other elements show much, much softer transitions between colors, too.)

Alien 426 Quote(I don't want to ridicule you or anything, but you're quite young, aren't you? There is something we call 'backing up arguments' and you should learn about that some time, if you want to take part in discussions.)

I am a bit older actually my era is Commodore 64, Nes, Mega Drive, Amiga 600, Mega CD, Panasonic 3DO and I Know the difference between 35 colours and 256 colours.

It is down to opinion which version of Monkey Island 2 Le Chucks Revenge you like best I like the Amiga version best.

Graphically the Amiga version and the PC version are identical the differences are very slight you would have to get Wally to use his cartographer skills to notice them and that’s because the backgrounds are hand painted.

And you can see how identical they are from these screen shots of the Amiga version and the PC version.

http://www.worldofmi.com/thegames/monkey2/index.php#Versions

Out of all the versions of Monkey Island 2 Le Chucks Revenge the Macintosh version has the only differences in backgrounds the wanted poster of Guybrush Threepwood is painted in black and white.

I play the Amiga 600 version and the PC version and I play them all the time I like the Amiga version best because it has the better sound and Music.

"It's a great day for spitting!"

Out of all the versions of Monkey Island 2 Le Chucks Revenge the Macintosh version has the only differences in backgrounds the wanted poster of Guybrush Threepwood is painted in black and white.

FYI, that has nothing to do with the difference between having 32 colours and 256 colours. With 256 colours, the colours tend to blend a lot more. In the pictures you linked to on the scummbar site, if you look at the night sky in the PC version and the night sky in the amiga version (or even the water), you can tell, as clear as day, that the colours blend a lot more. Considering all backgrounds came from originally hand painted pictures, that would mean that 256 colours is actually better. But as you say, it is really down to preferance.

And you can see how identical they are from these screen shots of the Amiga version and the PC version.

Closer inspection will reveal that the Amiga and PC screenshots on this page are literally the same image. I don't know if this is a mistake or laziness on the part of WorldofMI, but the scene isn't identical across platforms in reality!

The graphical differences are very much apparent in the screenshots from the SCUMM Bar. The fact the backgrounds are hand-painted makes no difference. A scanned image reproduced in 32 colours (fewer, actually, since some of the colours go on the inventory) is always going to look inferior to one reproduced in 256. There's a reason we have 32-bit graphics nowadays...

Anyway, I understand what you're saying about it being a matter of choice. The Amiga version has a special place in my heart, too, and the music is great. But arguing that aspects of the Amiga version are technically "better" or even "the same" when they clearly aren't is a bit silly.

Again this is down to personal preference if we were comparing 2 versions of any other game one 32 colours and one 256 colours I would agree with you that the 256 colour version is best. But with Monkey Island 2 the difference between the Amiga 32 colour version and the PC 256 colour version is very slight because of them been hand painted.

And those screen shots on World of Monkey Island website showing comparisons of what Phatt Island look like on all versions are the actual screen shots from all those individual versions. I there really is not any difference between the Screen Shots on Amiga and the PC.

http://www.worldofmi.com/thegames/monkey2/version.gif

I also have both the Amiga version and the PC version and I have run my Amiga 600 along side the PC using 2 screens I compared the 2 versions and there really is not any major differences because of the hand painted scenery being such a clever technique and although the pc has 256 colours you really don’t need all those colours for monkey Island 2 32 colours is more than enough.

I like the Amiga version of Monkey Island 2 best because it has better sound and music because it sounded good on the Amiga 600. In the PC version the sound and music dosent sound as good because the PC had a better sound format and the sound and music format was changed to work on it.

But again everyone has there favourite version.

I also have both the Amiga version and the PC version and I have run my Amiga 600 along side the PC using 2 screens I compared the 2 versions and there really is not any major differences because of the hand painted scenery being such a clever technique and although the pc has 256 colours you really don’t need all those colours for monkey Island 2 32 colours is more than enough.

I really don't want to start and argument here, i just want to show you the facts. The Hand painted backgrounds really don't make a difference here. Here is one such hand painted background for MI2. You're currently viewing the original background painted for the game at whatever resolution you happen to be using on your computer, and as you can see, colours blend perfectly and the image can be seen as it was meant to be. Lowered to 256 colours, this obviously changes, the graphics in Monkey island (any version) shows this, it's all very pixelated and has a high contrast. But the contrast does noticably get higher when it goes down to 32 colours. Now if you can't see that, that's fine by me, I'm not going to ridicule you for that, but saying it's because the backgrounds were hand painted doesn't make much sense. Most people here seem to be able to tell the difference (and just for your information, the first 4 pictures on the page from worldofmi that you linked to are actually the exact same picture, the picture locations each point to the same address) between the ones on the scummbar so simply saying the graphics are the same doesn't make it so.

Yes IMuse was for Monkey Island 2 the PC has to use emulators to work it some of the music was changed slightly for the PC.

This thread might interest you if you like the music.

I still disagree I play Monkey Island 2 on the Amiga 600 and the PC all the time and know both games very well and I know what every Island looks as if I lived there.

I have also run the PC version along side the Amiga 600 version and they look just the same minus objects that were taken out of the PC version such as ship wrecks candels ect and the different types of music and sound effects. There are very slight graphical differences in some areas but its very slight it isnt as pixely as you make out.

If we were comparing 2 versions of any other game one 32 colours and one 256 colours I would agree with you that the 256 colour version is best. But with Monkey Island 2 the difference between the Amiga 600 32 colour version and the PC 256 colour version is very slight.

Also I play the Amiga 600 and PC version of Monkey Island 2 all the time and the that link you show for the screen shot of the the ship at Woodtick is not how the graphics look on the un-emulated origional Amiga and PC versions of Monkey Island 2 the screen shot on the link you show are of an emulated version of Monkey Island 2 because the graphics format of that screen shot is in Super Eagle or Super 2x Sai and is not how the game looks in its origional format.

Im going to dissagree.

there really is not any difference between the Screen Shots on Amiga and the PC.

http://www.worldofmi.com/thegames/monkey2/version.gif

I also have both the Amiga version and the PC version and I have run my Amiga 600 along side the PC using 2 screens I compared the 2 versions and there really is not any major differences

The version.gif has 196 unique colors. I counted them all.

I like the Amiga version of Monkey Island 2 best because it has better sound and music because it sounded good on the Amiga 600.

Then you better tell people that despite its "slightly" uglier graphics you like the Amiga version of Monkey Island 2 better, since you think the sound and music are superior.

You get people to think you are a very confused person.

Archived