Home

Unsure of TV Ads...

urluckyday

Hello.

I was recently watching TV and was flipping through channels. I went through the channels and I stopped when I saw Obi-Wan Kenobi from an ad. The thing was, the channel was Nickelodeon. Ok, so I know that there are kids that are over 13 that watch that show, but mostly I know that younger kids about 7-11 usually watch that. Do you think it is a good idea to advertise a movie that most kids watching probably won't be able to see?

I dont know what rating its being given in australia..... my understanding of our PG rating is that if you are under 13 you need to be accompanied by an adult, so theoretically those 7-11 yo kids can go :)

I loved SW from age 5ish, if my parents didnt take me to watch ROTJ when I was 9 I wouldve been very sad ! My stepkids are old so I dont have to worry about this, but if I had a younger child who was really into SW, I would think carefully about taking them.

Itd be interesting to hear what old Mike thinks on this, as he is one of the few around here that has young-uns :)

mtfbwya

Originally posted by ZBomber

Kids these days love violence. Believe it or not, those 7-11 year olds are a large percentage of the kids playing GTA because they think it's "Cool".

Hey. I'm nearly 18 and I still play GTA :p

Hey. I'm nearly 18 and I still play GTA :p

Yeh but at age7 u'd be asking questions when ur cars starts shaking when a woman enters it :p

most ppl of "generation y" i think its called now, are absolutely desensitized to all forms of violence through games, movies hell even the news..

Personally i was **** scared of movies with anyone getting killed or with monsters at that age..

Originally posted by abespam

most ppl of "generation y" i think its called now, are absolutely desensitized to all forms of violence through games, movies hell even the news..

You say that, but when a gun is pointed at them or they see someone shot, they still freak the hell out.

Well I dont think it's a bad idea to advertise for SW on Nickelodeon, because as Astrotoy, most kids have seen Star Wars, I was born way after the 1st SW came out, but I've been watching them since I was a little kid.

Originally posted by swgbking

Well I dont think it's a bad idea to advertise for SW on Nickelodeon, because as Astrotoy, most kids have seen Star Wars, I was born way after the 1st SW came out, but I've been watching them since I was a little kid.

<== Agrees with swgbking

its interesting thaqt rots was given an m 15 rating here in oz. Although, technically parents can still take their 7yo to see ROTS, many wont be due to this rating...

Chase, many parents are truly concerned about what their kids see on TV, movies and in games... its a really hard thing to deal with..... and Im really glad I dont have young kids :D

mtfbwya

Archived