Home

Random Space Fighter Encounters: want to make a mod that eliminates these

Simbacca

hello. i have a question for my fifth KotOR 1 mod.

i was wondering if n e of you know what i can do to make a mod that prevents those monotonous Ebon Hawk gunner sequences that randomly take place when flying from one planet to another.

i have heard such a mod exists but i do not see it on pcgamemods.com, so i figured i would make my own.

i have also heard of a mod that makes those battles easier but i am not looking for this. the battles are incredibly easy as they are right now, i am just sick of doing them.

thank you :)

Originally posted by Prime

I don't understand why some people hate that mini-game...

Some people just dob't like playing plot driven mini-games. I personally don't mind them. However the mini-games also seem to be where some of the game crashes occur at with loading either before or after.

Originally posted by Prime

I don't understand why some people hate that mini-game...

I really didn't mind it that much, UNTIL I had started a game where each & every time I travelled to another planet it loaded that damn game :fist: ...

ever since that happened, I killed it with Kitty's mod... :dev11:

That was one of those times that "random" wasn't welcomed ;)

I figured if I ever wanted to play it, I'd just unload the mod, or ask HK to let me play.. hehe..

well Prime, the main reason i would have to say for me, and probably many others, would be the key word i used: monotonous.

its exactly the same fight against exactly the same ships with exactly the same number of ships with exactly the same attacks with exactly the same defense with exactly the same strategy with exactly the same difficulty

i wouldn't mind it, and heck possible enjoy it, if there was a little variety in something, anything.

even if it was just the difficulty and the number of ships. its so easy its not even worth my time to chase them down. maybe each time the battle occurs, it could be more difficult and more fighters, or even better fighters. it would make sense for the story too, the more you travel and the more you defeat them, the more the enemy should know learn the pattern of your travel / mission and the more ships / tough ships they should send.

now if you want to get really ridiculous and put more variety in everything i stated above, also add possible upgrades to ships weapon systems and defense. it would be more enjoyable if it was less of a mini game and more of a part of the story.

after all, Star Wars isn't just Jedi fighting, its also star...... wars.

Originally posted by Nodakrattler

I believe he agrees with you.

At least I hope so, I don't think he ment to insult you.

yeah, it's supposed to mean "agrees with you", but frankly I hate that emoticon with a passion....

"stupid" just isn't a word that blends well with fun or humor... but I digress...

Originally posted by Simbacca

its exactly the same fight against exactly the same ships with exactly the same number of ships with exactly the same attacks with exactly the same defense with exactly the same strategy with exactly the same difficulty

Jeez, I never noticed. :D

Archived