Home

Grrrrrrrr, I HATE MACE AND OBI!! ((MAJOR SPOILERS!))

LukeKatarn

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

On Obi-wan leaving Ani to die. He had only to other options. Either of which he couldn't in good concience do.

1.Killing Ani. This would be a breach of the Jedi code as Ani was completly helpless.

2.Bring him back and trying to save him. This in everyones mind I think was impossible Ani made his choice he wouldn't go back.

Or atleast thats what the RotS book said. :smash:

he can breathe for awhile without his helmet.

remember during ESB you see him in his meditation chamber without his helmet on.

in the 'shadows of the empire' book you learn that he often does this to try see how long he can go without the aid of the respirator. using the force he can get his lungs to function, but only for short periods of time.

I thought he could breath fine in that chamber?

Vader could only remove his mask in a special hyperbaric chamber, such as the one on board his Star Destroyer Executor. Allowing no one to assist him, Vader relied on mechanical devices to remove and replace his helmet and metal breath screen.

Darth Vader's Suit

First off, YAY interesting thread! ^_^

I don't understand why Vader told Padme that they could overthrow the Emperor. Just before that Vader was telling Palpatine that he will do whatever he wished.

It's the way of the Sith. If Obi-Wan hadn't left Vader legless it might well have happened even without Padme at his side.

The thing that pissed me off the most was the death of Aayla Seccura. She had fallen to the dark side once (or at least nearly fallen to the darkside) in the expanded universe, and I would have loved to see her do the same in Episode III (and then perhaps have fled somewhere in an attempt to escape the Darklord of the Sith so it fits in with the story line). She was the sexiest Jedi in the order and we never really got a glimpse of her kicking butt. She just went straight down in blaster fire after Order-66 or whatever it was was executed.

- Really pathetic if you ask me.

I echo being dissapointed on how Aayla was handled but I would rather have seen Darth Vader (in his suit) take her down gloriously. (In fact, scrap Order 66 and just get Grievous+Vader to create some havoc!).

I agree, both Mace attempting to kill Palpetine and Obi-Wan leaving Anakin behind were justified and followed the jedi code, there's nothing in there that says "Sith our are friends, let them live."

You do realise they're opposite? Kill "defenceless" Palpatine = good, Leave defenceless Vader = good? I think it just showed the major differencies in the characters, what would the movie have been like if Obi-Wan and Windu's roles were reversed?

But that wouldn't work, as there are thousands of Jedi on many worlds. They would have all gotten wise by then and ganged up on those two...

Well, I'd make a few exceptions obviously. The fact is the movie had one Jedi put up a good fight against Order 66 and that was a Padawan! If the movie allowed Grievous to kill a few Jedi's and also show Darth Vader and the Imperial forces take on the last pocket of resistence at the end I would have been a bit happier. Don't get me wrong I love the movie but there's just a few things I'm dissapointed in.

Archived