Home

Grrrrrrrr, I HATE MACE AND OBI!! ((MAJOR SPOILERS!))

LukeKatarn

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid

I was also surprised that Obi left Anikan to die to, I guess he thought there was no hope to save him, from his wounds or from the dark side.

Yes, I think he assumed vader was going to die (the clue being the fact his legs were chopped off and he was on fire).

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Ranre

But then that raises the question, why did he die on Ep VI when luke took his helmet off.

he can breathe for awhile without his helmet.

remember during ESB you see him in his meditation chamber without his helmet on.

in the 'shadows of the empire' book you learn that he often does this to try see how long he can go without the aid of the respirator. using the force he can get his lungs to function, but only for short periods of time.

at the end of ROTJ when Vader threw the emperor down the shaft, the force lighting fried his life support systems. (which is why you never see Vader use lighting). you can hear the respirator is just about still woking, but it has been damage and probably wouldn't of lasted much longer.

Originally posted by LukeKatarn

...Mace said ARREST! Instead, he was going to kill him. That made me mad. ANd on Mustufar, when Obi just left ANi to die there, even after seeing him combust like that, he just walks away...

...dont you think he'd do something to save his old friend?

Man. If I was Aniken and I was rescued by Obi-Wan... with that amount of rage in my heart... you can bet your bottom dollar that I would have tried my best to kill the Jedi Knight after that... meaning one Jedi left instead of two.

With the Mace incidence... Mace knew that letting the Dark lord of the Sith live would ultimately mean his own end, so naturally he did the only saine thing and tried to kill the Sith lord.

- These incidences were pure breaches of the Jedi code, and I agree with you, were infuriating. They didn't however take the cake when it came to pissing me off in Episode III.

---------------------------------

The thing that pissed me off the most was the death of Aayla Seccura. She had fallen to the dark side once (or at least nearly fallen to the darkside) in the expanded universe, and I would have loved to see her do the same in Episode III (and then perhaps have fled somewhere in an attempt to escape the Darklord of the Sith so it fits in with the story line). She was the sexiest Jedi in the order and we never really got a glimpse of her kicking butt. She just went straight down in blaster fire after Order-66 or whatever it was was executed.

- Really pathetic if you ask me.

Originally posted by Konar

- These incidences were pure breaches of the Jedi code, and I agree with you, were infuriating. They didn't however take the cake when it came to pissing me off in Episode III.

What inconsistencies? The Jedi acted as expected and acted in the best interests of the Republic.

The thing that pissed me off the most was the death of Aayla Seccura. She had fallen to the dark side once (or at least nearly fallen to the darkside) in the expanded universe, and I would have loved to see her do the same in Episode III (and then perhaps have fled somewhere in an attempt to escape the Darklord of the Sith so it fits in with the story line). She was the sexiest Jedi in the order and we never really got a glimpse of her kicking butt. She just went straight down in blaster fire after Order-66 or whatever it was was executed.

- Really pathetic if you ask me.

I'm glad you weren't writing the story. :)

Originally posted by Sivy

at the end of ROTJ when Vader threw the emperor down the shaft, the force lighting fried his life support systems. (which is why you never see Vader use lighting).

to quote the visual dictionary concerning vader ...

As a result of having artifical arms, Darth Vader will never be able to conjure Sith lightning - nor be invulnerable to it.

the sith we see use lightning in the films release it through their hands/fingers (palpatine, tyrannus). those who can absorb/block it without using a lightsaber (yoda) do so through their hands.

Originally posted by Sivy

at the end of ROTJ when Vader threw the emperor down the shaft, the force lighting fried his life support systems. (which is why you never see Vader use lighting). .

Actually, Vader never uses lightning because he has 2 mechanical hands. It was in the SW EP3 novel. Palpatine when he's looking at the repaired Vader is thinking about Vader's limitations but that he'll still do.

These incidences were pure breaches of the Jedi code, and I agree with you, were infuriating. They didn't however take the cake when it came to pissing me off in Episode III.

I agree that killing Dooku was against the Jedi Code, he could have been arrested. he was literally unarmed and from the look in his eyes when Anni stood over him with two sabers, he would be grateful so still be alive. But as for Mace attempting to kill Sidious, no way would I consider that against the Jedi Code, Sidious just took out three Jedi with great ease, he's shooting lightening whenever he gets the chance, how would you go about arresting him? He's too powerful, mace knew what he was up against and he saw the chance to defeat him, he knew he wouldn't get many chances like that so he took it.

As for "saving" vader when he was burning - Obi Wan knew he friend he once knew was gone "I hate you", Vader would have fought as hard as he could (with one arm) if Obi Wan tried helping him. Did you not see the fierce lightsaber battle they just had? They both knew it would end this way. Obi Wan was a great Jedi, if he did anything other than walk away he would have been foolish, and he knew Sidious would be after vader.

- These incidences were pure breaches of the Jedi code

I don't see how removing a sith is against the jedi code. The sith are a perversion of the force.

Sure Palpatine didn't have a saber, but he sure as hell wasn't helpless. He was in control of everything, he had to be destroyed. It was the only way to end the war and not send the galaxy into darkness.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

I don't see how removing a sith is against the jedi code. The sith are a perversion of the force.

Sure Palpatine didn't have a saber, but he sure as hell wasn't helpless. He was in control of everything, he had to be destroyed. It was the only way to end the war and not send the galaxy into darkness.

I agree. Both when Mace was about to kill Sidious, and when Obi-Wan left Anakin, were justified I think. Sidious was obviously a Sith Lord, and it's the Jedi's job to get rid of them.

Obi-Wan believed Anakin to be fully consumed by the Dark side. Better let him die then try to help him, and then he still turns to evil. And plus, I don't think Anakin wanted his help.

Screamed from Darth Vader as he was being burned:

I hate you!

• 2 months later...
I was really pissed off when, after Yoda mentions Qui-Gon, that we never get to see the scene of him that was in the Novel. It would have been cool to have Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon reunited on-screen.

I agree. There may be a deleted scene on the dvd with Qui-Gon though...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived