Home

[REL] TSL Hak Pad Mod now available!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The easier way would simply be to rename the script and remove the "j"! ;)

Silly me, I'm still thinking in a model perspective. You can't rename those after you compile. At least not without having to mess with the files inner info. :p I always forget you can rename NCS's, I usually end up recompiling my script when I name it incorrectly.

You're all right.. Reeses Pieces® for everyone! yay!... well, except me, I goofed.. DOH! :fist:

Thanks for catching that Yohan! I'll post a "fix" later today to solve that hurdle, but for those that don't want to wait, just use 'either' of the fixes above ;) hehehe...

DONE! You can download the Fix here:

http://www.jumpstationz.com/games/mods/HakPad/HakPad-HandmaidenFix.rar

Contains Fixes for either Booster Pack version. :D

Thanks for catching the mistake yohan :thumbsup:

** NOTE: If you have ALREADY "self-fixed" this, be sure that the Handmaiden's

dialogue node points to "hak_hand_jgard". Either change your .dlg file, or

re-name the .ncs back to "hak_hand_jgard.ncs".

The reason I say change it back, is that future Boosters will use this method. It helps if I nip it at the origin rather than having to constatnly remind everyone to re-name a file after each release :)

readme:

I goofed! Ooops!

Thanks to Yohan for catching my mistake :D

Hak Pad Thread:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=149446

Apparently, if you try to train the Handmaiden in a Guardian Jedi Class,

my dialogue calls upon a non-existent script (a typo).

Depending on the Hak Pad Booster Pack you are using, just overwrite the

"hakpad_start.dlg" in your override with the file included in this fix.

It's VERY important you use the correct version of .dlg for the correct

version of the Booster you are using, otherwise you'll have missing entries,

or possible choice nodes that will crash your game if selected...

Sorry everyone!

ChAiNz.2da

http://www.jumpstationz.com

** NOTE: If you have ALREADY "self-fixed" this, be sure that the Handmaiden's

dialogue node points to "hak_hand_jgard". Either change your .dlg file, or

re-name the .ncs back to "hak_hand_jgard.ncs".

Here's a heads up for those who might not know, when you use the cloak works desguises part of the hak-pad you my need to remove all armor/robes off the pc/npc you are using it on, it might lock up the game, did for me... also there are a few desguises in there that can't be used for some reason, maybe cause there are no files linked to the tags in the appearence.2da, such as the bastila slave line, for example... i also noticed that there were a few lines missing as well for example lines 638 and 639, can't remember right off hand what those were though... just a friendly fyi... :D

Here's a heads up for those who might not know, when you use the cloak works desguises part of the hak-pad you my need to remove all armor/robes off the pc/npc you are using it on, it might lock up the game, did for me... also there are a few desguises in there that can't be used for some reason, maybe cause there are no files linked to the tags in the appearence.2da, such as the bastila slave line, for example... i also noticed that there were a few lines missing as well for example lines 638 and 639, can't remember right off hand what those were though... just a friendly fyi... :D

yah, all of the disguises haven't been tested yet (being there's 565 of them) :eek:... but I tried to make sure that everyone got the nice:

** Warning, some of these disguises can crash your game ;)

eventually I'll have a list of non-usable disguises, and I'll update the Hak-Pad so it'll no longer be a necessary warning :)

But thanks for the heads up Ossus... every bit helps, please feel free to keep listing them (that goes for everyone) if you find a disguise that doesn't work :D

sorry chainz, i must have missed it somewhere... oh well :giveup: i'll go have my eyes examined i guess... :D

No need to be sorry my friend, like I said, I really appreciate the debugging. It's helping me immensely getting all of these disguises sorted :D

andargor did a tremendous job getting all of these disguises incorporated, so I'm sure he'll find the info very useful too :thumbsup:

The warning is a little hard to notice, but when you access the disguises, in the top window, you'll need to scroll down a bit in the description :)

ChAiNz how about the "add-on" feature of being able to set your party roster's influence level??? ;) It would be really handy for those "aah crap didn't talk enough to Mira to train her kinda thing fixes." :D

Even though you can train Mira anytime you choose after she joins, I can never seem to get party members to build a lightsaber SAVE for when I follow up with the normal "I wanna train you stuff like normal." Once say I, get the heads up on Atton from the Twilek boys on Nar Shaddaa and do the talk through and ask him and train him like normal he'll build one and then me one.

Just an Idea :D

:ben:

General Kenobi

Thanks for the heads-up. I'd like to have a way of identifying "problem" disguises, but it's hard.

ChAiNz.2da, once we have a definitive list of "good" disguises I can regenerate the .dlg.

Andargor

ChAiNz how about the "add-on" feature of being able to set your party roster's influence level??? ;) It would be really handy for those "aah crap didn't talk enough to Mira to train her kinda thing fixes." :D

Even though you can train Mira anytime you choose after she joins, I can never seem to get party members to build a lightsaber SAVE for when I follow up with the normal "I wanna train you stuff like normal." Once say I, get the heads up on Atton from the Twilek boys on Nar Shaddaa and do the talk through and ask him and train him like normal he'll build one and then me one.

Definitely a good idea... and RedHawke has beaten us to it ;)

RedHawke's Mistake Correction Armband

http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/10928.html

The bonus to this is, not only is it a great mod, but because RedHawke gave me permission, you can acces the armband functions "via" the HakPad ;)

Just make sure to install his mod, then spawn the armband so that it's in your inventory. The HakPad searches through a PC's inventory and if it finds "rh_correction.uti" a special hidden dialogue will show up in the HakPad interface :D

Thanks for the heads-up. I'd like to have a way of identifying "problem" disguises, but it's hard.

ChAiNz.2da, once we have a definitive list of "good" disguises I can regenerate the .dlg.

Andargor

Doh! I completely missed this post somehow :o

No prob man, once I can get a completed list I'll shoot it your way :D

I was going to do some hardcore testing today but I got into "groove" working on the SWK site and lost track of time... maybe sometime this week or next weekend I should have something ;)

EDIT I noticed it said it was compatible with D333's spells.2da??? I wonder how this will play with Stoffe's force powers mod? I'm wonderin' if I should replace anything if it asks cause I wouldn't wanna mess something up.

here's a tip ;)

The way the Hak Pad searches and calls the other mods, you don't have to do anything to the spells.2da... my Hak Pad bypasses it. Just remember though, if you don't edit the spells.2da, you can only activate their mods via the Hak Pad :D

I have a question :p

Don't wanna rush you or anything, but is there a Booster Pack 3 in your mind? :D

Can't wait to see what else you could add to it ;)

Quite possibly :)

There's a few more functions I'd like to add, so I have a feeling this will be a "neverending" mod .. hehehe..

I've taken a break from modding at the moment... I was slacking on my web duties on things I had promised to make happen. That's something I can't personally let happen, so I had to crack-down on myself.. bad ChAiNz...bad... :xp:

After I feel comfortable with the additions and commit some time to other obligations, I'll probably return to the Hak Pad (and other half-done mods I have sitting around)... :smash:

I've still got some disguise testing to get done, and I'm going to try and add the Invulnerability toggle that was requested so I'm in no way close to being "done" with it... still tons of "goodies" out there to be added...

In the meantime, now would be the best opportunity for everyone to add to the 'wishlist' of functions... ;)

Hak Pad - Darth333's Wherami Armband Fix

Download: http://www.jumpstationz.com/games/mods/HakPad/HakPad_D333wband_Fix.rar

Attenion All!

OK peepz, I goofed on the Darth333's wherami band cheat node. DOH! :headbump

I accidentally called to the dialogue rather than the actual impact script. So if you were to use it, players wouldn't get the coordinates written to the fb.exe application for X, Y, Z Bearing and Orientation...

This "Fix" should, well... fix it.. hehehe

Just drop the files into your override folder (or wherever the Hak Pad is installed) and overwrite the files should it ask you.

This fix should be used on the Hak Pad WITH Booster Pack v.2 installed!

You can get the mods here:

Original Hak Pad:

http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/14083.html

Hak Pad Booster Pack v.2:

http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/14872.html

You can also get these at my site as well:

http://www.jumpstationz.com/games/mods

Sorry for the goof up everyone, I'll make it up to you in Booster Pack v.3 ;)

ENJOY!

ChAiNz.2da

Hak Pad - Darth333's Wherami Armband Fix

Download: http://www.jumpstationz.com/games/mods/HakPad/HakPad_D333wband_Fix.rar

Attenion All!

OK peepz, I goofed on the Darth333's wherami band cheat node. DOH! :headbump

I accidentally called to the dialogue rather than the actual impact script. So if you were to use it, players wouldn't get the coordinates written to the fb.exe application for X, Y, Z Bearing and Orientation...

This "Fix" should, well... fix it.. hehehe

Just drop the files into your override folder (or wherever the Hak Pad is installed) and overwrite the files should it ask you.

This fix should be used on the Hak Pad WITH Booster Pack v.2 installed!

You can get the mods here:

Original Hak Pad:

http://www.pcgamemods.com/14083

Hak Pad Booster Pack v.2:

http://www.pcgamemods.com/14872/

You can also get these at my site as well:

http://www.jumpstationz.com/games/mods

Sorry for the goof up everyone, I'll make it up to you in Booster Pack v.3 ;)

ENJOY!

ChAiNz.2da

This doesn't necessarily apply though if you don't use the "Where Am I" band though right? Or should we go ahead and update anywho?

:ben:

General Kenobi

This doesn't necessarily apply though if you don't use the "Where Am I" band though right? Or should we go ahead and update anywho?

Correct. If you don't use the armband it's not a necessary fix, however if you do decide to use it in the future, it wouldn't hurt to have it already installed rather than wonder why it isn't working after about 1-2 hours of romping about "thinking" you were recording coordinates ;)

The Fix doesn't change anything else except the Wherami node... :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This may just be me, but I'm still having trouble adding modded items to the hakpad. I have installed the Ultimate Saber Mod (I don't remember who made it), and I would really like to be able to add those items. I tried following the instructions earlier on in this thread, but I couldn't find any of my USM items in there. =(

Otherwise, this mod is the nectar of the gods. lol

Archived