Home

High Level Force Powers V2.1 released

stoffe

It could just be that my testing was done on the landing area at dantooine using mrdefender's wrist console to summon a duelist (evil party members) and my pc was just taking them out too fast for the clone to get 'aggro' (ack, my WoW side rears its head!)

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It could just be that my testing was done on the landing area at dantooine using mrdefender's wrist console to summon a duelist (evil party members) and my pc was just taking them out too fast for the clone to get 'aggro' (ack, my WoW side rears its head!)

Perhaps, or they decided that they'd rather attack you instead. While the clone is a valid target for attack it won't do anything to attract special attention to itself, so the AI might have picked you instead. At least I hope so, otherwise I have no idea what could be wrong.

At any rate, I've released the fixed V2.1 update now, since no-one appears to have found any more problems. It can be downloaded here.

Aside from bug fixes, the update contains 3 new high level powers to make it worth downloading, bringing the total up to 22 new force powers. Please see the readme file for more detailed info on what has been fixed.

Force Blindness

Dark Side Power

Base FP Cost: 60

Prerequisites: Level 23 Force User

The Dark Side can cloud the vision of those not strong enough to resist its power. Using this technique, a force user can affect the sight of nearby opponents, making them unable to see anything, and by extension attack since you can't attack what you cannot see. This blindness lasts for 12 seconds, though the victim is allowed a Will save to reduce the duration to 6 seconds. This power cannot be otherwise resisted. This power will not affect a target who has the Force Sight power active.

Force Deception

Light Side Power

Base FP Cost: 45

Prerequisites: Level 23 Force User

Using this power, the Jedi can affect the flow of photons in her surroundings, bending light around her body. This renders her effectively invisible to organic beings using eyes or droids relying on photoreceptors to perceive their surroundings. This effects lasts for 36 seconds, or until the Jedi draws attention to herself by attacking someone.

Spirit Exodus

Universal Power

Base FP Cost: 100

Prerequisites: Level 30, Sith Lord/Jedi Master

This technique in the Force is extremely rare, only the wisest, most powerful Masters have ever been able to use it. Using a trance, the force user can will a part of their own spirit outside their body and use the Force to manifest it in a physical form resembling their own. This Force Spirit "clone" will accompany and fight alongside the force user for 36 seconds before again fading, the spirit essence flowing back to the body where it belongs.

@ChAiNz.2da & Jackel: Thanks for the confidence, I wish I could feel as confident about the quality of my own creations. :)

All great modders have alack of confidence in their work and think it is too roughly done, not "just right", could be better, needed more input etc, you seem to be no different which makes you a great modder (and a code-goddess :) )

And even sucky modders like me have lack of confidence sometimes which is why Darth333 is disappointed in my about the mod I promised her :p

Quick question stoffe... If we've already installed your Powers update via the beta version before release, this one should be safe to install over correct? Or is it even necessary? I didn't have any problems with the beta version, but was just wondering if you "tweaked" anything prior to it's Official release :)

Quick question stoffe... If we've already installed your Powers update via the beta version before release, this one should be safe to install over correct? Or is it even necessary? I didn't have any problems with the beta version, but was just wondering if you "tweaked" anything prior to it's Official release :)

You should be able to install the release version on top of the beta version, if I'm not forgetting something it should overwrite all the essential files if they already exist.

I did some minor adjustments to Blindness and Deception, and modified the script that equips the Spirit Exodus clone with items quite a bit to (hopefully) eliminate clones appearing without clothes and weapons if it can't clone or equip modded things the force user wears.

Since I assume you use USM you might want to install the update if any of your party members learn the Spirit Exodus power. Otherwise their clones will appear without weapons if they have their custom, use-restricted USM lightsabers equipped (since their clone isn't them and can't equip their personal weapons). :)

Other than those fixes, the only other difference in the release is a lightly updated Readme file, and included source code for the new powers. (Hopefully I haven't forgotten any include files this time.)

@Stoffe Absolutely fabulous! :thumbsup: Tweaks, fixes, and 3 new powers :D You rule! As for your work quality Stoffe ChAiNz & Jackel were talking about a bit up there; in case you didn't know it yet your name is also another word for "very kewl new mod" ;) ...lol :D

In all seriousness you are without a doubt one of my favorite modders (if not favorite) ;) Your modding knowledge of scripting and such never ceases to amaze me. I'd have stopped playing TSL "LONG" ago if not for High Level Force Powers. ;)

:ben:

General Kenobi

can ya make it so the powers can be added from KSE?

I believe they should show up in the list if you check the "Show all feats/powers" checkbox below the force power listing.

Be warned that some powers may behave oddly if you get them before you normally would be able to pick them, since they use your character level in some calculations and assume that it is at least 20.

@General Kenobi: Thanks, I'm glad you like it. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, LOVE IT Stoffe :D

@darth makkan > They are indeed all selectable in KSE if you do what Stoffe said.

Stoffe,

I have a couple of "suggestions" for new force powers if your open to it. Might be a silly idea but I liked it :D

How about a force power something like "Force Restoration" that would put you in the indian sitting position like you and kreia take when "resting" when locked up in the apartment on Telos? It could maybe take 1/2 of your total force reserve but would heal your force/health completely along with your allies.

The other idea was something like "Plague of The Dark Side" or "Plague of Nihillus" maybe even lightside power or something with no target that would "infect" every enemy within a specified distance from slowing them and eventually killing them by sucking their lifeforce.

Just thought I'd throw those suggestions out there :thumbsup:

BTW: Love Spirit Exodus! Very handy to have that when you forget and only have one padawan with you and 10 sith attack :D

:ben:

General Kenobi

hey okay i got a problem. when i try to install, it says richedit line insertion error. O.O

From stoffe's Installer readme portion:

"If you get a RichEdit line insertion error during installation, open the tslpatchdata folder and find the file changes.ini inside it. Open this file with Notepad and search for PlaintextLog=0. Change the 0 to 1 on this line and save the file, then try installing again." ;)

I have a couple of "suggestions" for new force powers if your open to it. Might be a silly idea but I liked it :D

How about a force power something like "Force Restoration" that would put you in the indian sitting position like you and kreia take when "resting" when locked up in the apartment on Telos? It could maybe take 1/2 of your total force reserve but would heal your force/health completely along with your allies.

That should be fairly easy since I already have a force power "Force Meditation", that does pretty much just that, I'd just have to give it a better icon and add it to the HLFP mod. :)

It'll put you in the Meditation animation and, over 12 seconds, fully heal the vitality and force points, remove any "bad" effects on your party and apply a slight buff. The downside is that it only works outside of combat, and it renders your character helpless for 12 seconds while they meditate.

The other idea was something like "Plague of The Dark Side" or "Plague of Nihillus" maybe even lightside power or something with no target that would "infect" every enemy within a specified distance from slowing them and eventually killing them by sucking their lifeforce.

Hmm, the Force Contagion power in the HLFP does something similar already. It applies a DC100 poison that damages both vitality and ability scores increasingly for its duration.

Or did you mean something more similar to Nihilus "Deadly Presence" aura in the CSArena mod I made? (It continually drains VP/FP of all nearby enemies and heals him with an equal amount of the sum total drained.)

BTW: Love Spirit Exodus! Very handy to have that when you forget and only have one padawan with you and 10 sith attack :D

If you want to see how it feels to be on the receiving end of it, try the "Evil Twin Party" option in a Pit Fight when you test the new version of the CSArena I uploaded yesterday, and you can fight it out against a clone of yourself. :)

From stoffe's Installer readme portion:

"If you get a RichEdit line insertion error during installation, open the tslpatchdata folder and find the file changes.ini inside it. Open this file with Notepad and search for PlaintextLog=0. Change the 0 to 1 on this line and save the file, then try installing again." ;)

yeah um thanks but a slight problem... the line's not there o.o did the ctrl + F thing, couldn't find it. tried adding the line under settings, didn't work -.-

edit

oh okay fixed it. changed loglevel=3 to 0 O.O strange.. but whatever

yeah um thanks but a slight problem... the line's not there o.o did the ctrl + F thing, couldn't find it. tried adding the line under settings, didn't work -.-

(snip)

changed loglevel=3 to 0 O.O strange..

The PlaintextLog fix only works for the v.2.1 update and not the v2.0 Mod itself since it's a new feature added to the installer app after the 2.0 Mod was released. (You could just copy the installer EXE (only the EXE) from the 2.1 update to the 2.0 mod folder and use it to install, and the fix should work.)

However, as you discovered it's possible to bypass that particular incompatibility by disabling the installer progress log altogether, though that way you'll install blind and not be notified of any problems or errors that might occur.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the powers are to powerfull i realy liked chainlightning but the ice power...

its to powerfull there is no way to save it and it do to mutch damage.

i wuld realy enjoy if u did these power more balansed and less powerfull and maybe make them able at lvl 15?

otherewise i think u are a greate force maker and looking forward fore the next powers u release.

I think the powers are to powerful. I really liked chainlightning, but the ice power...

It's too powerful! There is no way to save (against) it and it does to much damage.

I would really enjoy if you did these powers more balanced and less powerful, and maybe make them able at lvl 15?

Game balancing is difficult and I don't pretend that the force powers I have made are in any way balanced. I simply made a bunch of powers I thought would be fun or handy to have. :)

The issue with making high level powers is that they need to be able to compete in usefulness and power with Force Crush, Enlightment and Storm, otherwise they wouldn't be very useful at high level anyway. And since those powers are quite powerful already that's how things ended up. :)

That some of those powers offer no saving throw to greatly diminish their effects was made on purpose when I got annoyed by the fact that even common grunts tended to save against my Jedi Masters powers in 90% of the cases (a side effect of the Autobalancer). Most powers offer either a saving throw or can be blocked through Force Resistance. Others can be negated or lessened in effect by fear, stun, poison and paralysis immunities.

Still, I am aware that some powers tend to get a bit over the top if you spam them. I primarily had my own play style in mind when I made them, where I show some restraint and don't always do a thing just because I can. :)

Thank you for your input, though it's unlikely (but not impossible) that I will completely overhaul all the powers in that mods in regard to how they work. If you dislike the current balance but still want to use the powers, you can tweak their strength for yourself to suit your preference. I believe I included the source code for all scripts in the last version uploaded. ;)

I think the powers are to powerfull

While that might be so for you, others do not. :D

i wuld realy enjoy if u did these power more balansed and less powerfull and maybe make them able at lvl 15?

:eyeraise: Level 15 is a High Level Power?

Your suggestions seem a little out of place with the 'spirit' of this mod, and as to what this mod reprisents IMHO! ;)

Been using this with the Holowan TSL megapack, and have been loving it! Weird as it may sound, Force Pull is my new workhorse power; with it's HUGE range, I'm something like a Force sniper, grabbing mooks from across the map and yanking them alllll the way back to me and mine to be dispatched. The one and only comment (not even really a complaint, since I don't have any to speak of) is that the party NPCs won't use the new powers unless I'm playing them directly. Ah well, minor detail.... C'MERE! *YOINK*

Been using this with the Holowan TSL megapack, and have been loving it! Weird as it may sound, Force Pull is my new workhorse power; with it's HUGE range, I'm something like a Force sniper, grabbing mooks from across the map and yanking them alllll the way back to me and mine to be dispatched.

Glad you like it. :) I agree Pull is pretty useful against ranged weapon users, especially since all other force powers have ridiculously short ranges, much shorter than a lobbed grenade. I was initially concidering extending the range of all the High level powers, but decided against it since they were powerful enough as they are already, and all the standard bioware/obsidian powers have short ranges.

(Pull was initially yanking non-saber weapons from the enemies hands too, but I removed that part since it was too much overkill and the AI didn't react too intelligently to being disarmed like that. :) )

The one and only comment (not even really a complaint, since I don't have any to speak of) is that the party NPCs won't use the new powers unless I'm playing them directly. Ah well, minor detail.... C'MERE! *YOINK*

To make them use the custom force powers with any regularity you would have to alter the Combat AI to use them, which I did for my Improved AI tweak (which isn't uploaded to PCGameMods, see below if you want it).

I have made the AI use some of the high level force powers, though it needs some manual setting up (since the "spell" id for the powers can vary between different people's game installs depending on other installed mods), so it requires some familiarity with how to recompile scripts to use it.

Also, that Improved AI isn't compatible with the Holowan Pack which you said you used, since the HL Pack already includes slightly altered AI scripts to accommodate the Hardcore mod. The Improved AI I made and the hardcore mod can be combined, but that requires some knowledge of how to recompile scripts as well. :)

Still, if you know how to do this, or care to learn how to do it, you can find a link to the Improved combat AI I made here. Though as said, the AI currently only uses 14 of the 22 high level Force Powers actively. I may add the rest eventually.

• 1 month later...

on pcgame mods its a .rar file... they dont like me to much because dont a need a rar reader or somthing of the sort? The powers seem great! i can never get .rar to work tho :( please help me out! stoffe i like all your stuff on pcgamemods tho great work man! :D May the modding be with you.

Archived