Home

Anyone have Revelations?

Aash Li

Does anyone have a copy of Star Wars Revelations they could send to me on instant messnger or something? Ive been trying to download it off a torrent for the last few days, and it keeps giving me a download time of nearly 200 hours. I have no patience to wait that long. lol (I have broadband). I even tried torrents from three or four different sites, some of them didnt work anymore.

And to stem any complaints about piracy, its a fan-created movie, so there is no copyright violation in downloading it.

So heres my review of the movie:

For a fan-made movie, I would have to say the whole thing was pretty good. Giving it 4 out of 5 stars. If this had been a GL movie, or a professionally done movie it, would have bombed worse than Episode 1. heh

I downloaded the wmv, so Im not sure if the qaulity in the dvd iso is better or not.

The opening music theme sounded like it was made with a midi, instead of using the actual theme music from the GL movies, and it was WAY too loud compared to the rest of the movie. The dialogues were way to hushed, either they did a bad job in editing, or the actors didnt talk very loud.

Now, Im giving them credit for not including some super-skinny hot chick in the movie as a main character (nothing against them), instead they all looked like normal people, which was nice. None of the girls would rate up their in the super model range though (god Im mean lol). The villainess looked like a goth-wannabe, which I suppose was ok since she was supposed to be evil. The sister of the main female character, was rather pretty I thought.

Their Emperor Palpatine looked like he was made out of that cheap halloween fake flesh, all rubber and fake. He didnt really look very ancient, all I could think of was the muppets. lol.

People in the movie all had authentic looking stormtrooper costumes, and there was even a movie-looking Darth Vader, which went along way to adding to the qaulity of the movie.

The graphics of Revelations were not ILM qaulity, but thats to be expected, but for a fan-made movie, I have to get them points for doing as good a job as they could. They looked like something you would see in a high-qaulity 3D video game, but atleast you didnt see tie fighters running across the screen with strings attached. hehehe The planetary landscapes and cityscapes were all nicely done, though some of Coruscant's cityscapes look like they were taken from actual cityscapes and then altered on the computer.

In parts, you could actually see faint white edges where it looks like the people were cut-and-pasted onto the background. All the other backgrounds you could tell it was added on later, although for a fan made movie, it gets points for it actually looking real and not a painted cardboard set or something. ^_^

Honestly, not enough aliens. No Twileks that I could see. And the Ithorian (hammer-head guy), looked like a guy wearing a halloween mask - albiet an expensive mask; as did the other aliens.

Now onto the plot. I thought the idea of jedi Seers was an interesting idea. And having the seers being exiled from normal jedi society was a good way to avoid them being killed off in the purge of Episode 3. and so ending up with no plot. heh.

The characters were for the most part believable.And I liked the idea of a seer-powered holocron

Oh, and that part where the cute jedi-girl gets captured by all the storm troopers in that vision, was rather cheesy acting-wise.

The dialogues were ok I guess. They didnt smack of senility. lol There werent any midichlorian-like dialogues or "I have the highground" type bits, so that got points as well. hehe

The saber fights between the guys were alot more believable that the saber fights between the villainess and the heroine. It was like watching Epidoe 3 all over again. You could actually see them slowing down and then touching the blades in mid-stroke like they didnt want to hurt each other (which could have been plot wise, but I dont think so). Plus all the lightsabers looked like flourescent light tubes more than lightsabers really.

Im not sure Id go along with the idea of their being evil lightsaber users in the Empire era, were there ones in canon star wars? Seems like the Emperor wouldnt want such a potential enemy in his own backyard, after all there was no genetic programming to keep them perma-loyal like the clone troopers.

So... in all, I would say that the movie is definitely worth the watch, and is even rewatchable-worthy, as long as you dont rewatch it too many times in a short time frame. ^_~

Bleh thats a long review hehe.

i would have to say that the worst part of the movie was the acting. although they may not have been able to afford real actors, they could have at least taken some acting lessons before doing this film.

for that, you could kinda tell that the money they spent went solely into the production. the special effects, the sets, and the scenery was quite well done despite this movie not being a Hollywood product. and it is really the only reason you would really want to see the movie. bland story, bad acting, so-so dialog (isn't that a familiar SW problem....), but high production value. at least its a free download, otherwise i don't think it would do very well.

The one thing I liked was the space chase. I thought that was well done, especially since they were flying around wreckage and whatnot. And then you had the witty one-liner by the pilot at the end. ("Well, that's gonna raise my bounty." It went something like that...)

However, the lightsaber fight scene between the Emperor's Hand and the... main character... was pretty bad. Although the skirmish before that one was good. I liked the pilot guy fending off a lightsaber opponent with his blaster and fists, it showed that lightsabers don't always win in a blaster/saber one-on-one fight.

Archived