Home

Model and Module Questions

EnderWiggin

So, as of now, I am working on a new mod, and I was wondering....

Are we able to create new modules yet?

Also, do Gamorreans only have Axe Models? Or do they have all melee models as well? How do you add an edited *.utc, Such as g_gamorrean01.utc into an already existing module, such as 906MAL?

Where do you find the scripts that fire when you walk into a module, such as 906MAL, and what is the script name?

What's up with the fact that Jolee Bindo's Utc is in K2, but not his models?

_EW_

Originally posted by EnderWiggin

So, as of now, I am working on a new mod, and I was wondering....

Also, do Gamorreans only have Axe Models? Or do they have all melee models as well? How do you add an edited *.utc, Such as g_gamorrean01.utc into an already existing module, such as 906MAL?

Where do you find the scripts that fire when you walk into a module, such as 906MAL, and what is the script name?

_EW_

New modules yet? No I believe that is still not possible.

Gam. Axe Mdl??? If the appearance of a character in your party is a Gamorrean it has basic melee fighting animations if that's what you want to know. Can equip swords, etc.

Putting into a module the edited utc? If you put it in override it will override the character throughout the game.

Bindo's utc? There are a few holdovers like that in TSL. most of the content from KOTOR is in TSL but quite a bit are missing "pieces" that would make them work. Juhani is the same way.

Hope that helps answer a few of your questions :D

DM

Originally posted by EnderWiggin

We can create new areas by changing the "furniture" but not new area models. You can make placeable models however.

How do you add an edited *.utc, Such as g_gamorrean01.utc into an already existing module, such as 906MAL?

Editinga .utc file is very risky in Kotor 2 (and even Kotor). Do not do it unless you are 100% sure the file is unique (use tk102's findrefs to verify this: http://www.starwarsknights.com). Here's an example of what happens when you drop a non-unique edited .utc file in your override folder: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=145353

Use scripts instead: in kotor 1 you have the disguise function and in Kotor 2, the ChangeObjectAppearance function.

Example:

void main ()
{
//get the tag of your object by checking in the *.utc file
object oTarget = GetObjectByTag("my_object_tag");
//replace 600 with the corresponding row number from appearance.2da
ChangeObjectAppearance( oTarget, 600);
}

To find the scripts that are fired upon entering an area, check the .are file (OnEnter). Check the 3rd post of this tut for more details: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=143536

You will also find more useful scripting functions to modify your npc stats, powers and others here: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=143412

This would be a question for Obsidian :p they left many similar stuff from K1: just look at the .tlk file and the .2da files too...Jolee is far from being a unique case.

Originally posted by Darth333

This would be a question for Obsidian :p they left many similar stuff from K1: just look at the .tlk file and the .2da files too...Jolee is far from being a unique case. [/b]

Yeah, I saw Juhani and Selkath and a Firaxa in there too... :rolleyes:

HL Regulations state that you may not port models... :( but you can create your own from scratch. Maybe I can get a good Jolee Bindo Skin... ;)

_EW_

Archived